Author Topic: ACES HIGH III BETA: View perspective and color is wrong  (Read 3693 times)

Offline BFX88

• Zinc Member
ACES HIGH III BETA: View perspective and color is wrong
« on: January 16, 2016, 01:41:45 AM »
I just tried Aces High III and noticed several things which made me not want to peruse the game further.  First the views from inside the cockpit of any fighter aircraft all have the wrong perspective when compared to Aces High II.  It's as if I'm wearing magnifying goggles and the wind screen and all of the instruments are all right in my face. I feel that I'm looking out from inside a goldfish bowl and that's from every angle, which is not the case in Aces High II.  Secondly, the outside environment (i.e., land, trees, airfield, everything) exhibits a strange greenish yellow hugh; with Aces High II, this is not the case either.  These two items seem to combine to make everything seem to be cartoonish and unrealistic and playing the game gave me a headache!  It does appear that many of the games features have substantially improved, however, I can't get past these two graphics issues.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: ACES HIGH III BETA: View perspective and color is wrong
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 01:51:08 AM »
Bluntly, get online and see if anyone will be kind enough to walk you through the settings changes you need to make. Otherwise you have a lot of reading to do when you come to the party this late.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 02:03:57 AM »
Both AH II and AH III have an option to set the FOV to whatever angle the player wants it. To access this click on "video settings" on the initial clipboard before you go online or offline, this brings up the "Select Video Card" window. In here there is a box showing the current FOV for the game, so all you have to do is set the beta's FOV to match whatever you are using in AH II and you will be good to go.

You might also experiment with disabling post lighting or adjusting the gamma slider in the game.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 02:09:12 AM by Greebo »

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 05:36:06 AM »
I agree with the OP.

I posted up a pic of my view of the left interior of a P51.  Green fluorescent!!

The ground and map were the same.  Everything was very very flouro and over saturated.

With all respect to the responders - in particular BFX88......BLUNTLY - if you present this to the wider public they will laugh at the game.  IMO the 'settings changes you need to make' should be made at a global level.  Certainly a subscriber should NOT be told 'Otherwise you have a lot of reading to do when you come to the party this late'.

With all due respect they will tell you where to stick your $15 a month.

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 07:28:00 AM »
I agree with the OP.

I posted up a pic of my view of the left interior of a P51.  Green fluorescent!!

The ground and map were the same.  Everything was very very flouro and over saturated.

With all respect to the responders - in particular BFX88......BLUNTLY - if you present this to the wider public they will laugh at the game.  IMO the 'settings changes you need to make' should be made at a global level.  Certainly a subscriber should NOT be told 'Otherwise you have a lot of reading to do when you come to the party this late'.

With all due respect they will tell you where to stick your $15 a month.

You do understand this is a program you are testing for the developer, right? It's not the finished product. This forum you are in is Open Beta Test. This is the part where you post solid feedback on issues you have found in the beta program so the developers can fix it. A subscriber in this forum does have a lot of reading to do if they want to help with the feedback of the Beta program.
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 08:40:28 AM »
Expect more posts like this. The message saying to try out the beta just started popping up when getting into an arena.

MANY payers do not read the forums and that message could be the first talk of ah3 for many.

I was loosely following the alpha/beta thread and thought the same when I logged into the alpha/beta. "Guys who have not been following the alpha thread are going to hate this new view thing, as well as wonder why the old planes have not been updated."

Imagine the guy who comes in to fly the f4f because his great uncle flew one in the war, and then they see a plane with no stick and old graphics.

I get where the OP is coming from. Perception is reality

Game handle: HellBuck

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 09:01:58 AM »
well its better to get some feedback than none, right?

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 10:40:13 AM »
BFX  check to see what is controlling your display color contrast, and brightness.  Is it your video card or the display?

Offline BFX88

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 01:52:34 PM »
Since my last post where I give my opinion on first view of the game, I've received a lot of defensive feedback from the games developers.  Look, I've been playing this game off and on since it was called Air Warriors, what attracted me to the game in the first place was its Dynamite Graphics which no other flight sim can really compare to.  From a purely graphics standpoint, all I can say is that it would be obvious to even the most casual observer, that the two games aren't even comparable.  From all of this defensiveness that I've been getting, I must assume that the games original developers are nowhere to be found; hence all of these wrong draw distances, camera views, and funny colors which really can't be fixed by the user as the developers imply. 

Look developers, it's not rocket science, figure out how you did it in aces high II and copy that! The other new features such as the new look and feel of the airfields, the player interfaces, etc. are great.  With that said, I now suppose now I'll be deluged with a tirade of negativity implying that I'm an idiot.  Sorry, but the game is what it is!   

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 02:03:32 PM »
Change your FOV from 80 to 106 in video settings.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2016, 02:06:32 PM »
Expect more posts like this. The message saying to try out the beta just started popping up when getting into an arena.

MANY payers do not read the forums and that message could be the first talk of ah3 for many.

I was loosely following the alpha/beta thread and thought the same when I logged into the alpha/beta. "Guys who have not been following the alpha thread are going to hate this new view thing, as well as wonder why the old planes have not been updated."

Imagine the guy who comes in to fly the f4f because his great uncle flew one in the war, and then they see a plane with no stick and old graphics.

I get where the OP is coming from. Perception is reality

Good point BuckShot, but for the next couple of months, we're going to see the same questions over and over and over. Current players are going to expect the MAs and be completely lost. And much like the first time someone logs into the game, until they talk with people that has been through this for awhile, they won't know to change FOV or head position views or graphic settings...

Maybe someone can write a post "New to Beta - Read this" and it can be stickied. You know, include Skuzzy's list of which settings can transfer, how to change the FOV and make the beta look like AH2.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline CSI147

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2016, 02:14:08 PM »
Change your FOV from 80 to 106 in video settings.

Thank you this was the first piece of information that actually helped.  But my FR still needs help.

Offline CSI147

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2016, 02:17:03 PM »
Good point BuckShot, but for the next couple of months, we're going to see the same questions over and over and over. Current players are going to expect the MAs and be completely lost. And much like the first time someone logs into the game, until they talk with people that has been through this for awhile, they won't know to change FOV or head position views or graphic settings...

Maybe someone can write a post "New to Beta - Read this" and it can be stickied. You know, include Skuzzy's list of which settings can transfer, how to change the FOV and make the beta look like AH2.

I fall into the "I just play the silly game."  I'm not computer literate like say a seasoned gamer.  A nice sticky with a Youtube video on how to set things up would be something I'd like to see.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 02:24:58 PM »
Since my last post where I give my opinion on first view of the game, I've received a lot of defensive feedback from the games developers.

Utter BS you have not receive any feed back let alone "Defensive" from the game developers.

I would strongly suggest your drop the attitude. Simply post your views and not be argumentative with people and make threatening statements like  "With all due respect they will tell you where to stick your $15 a month." In reality the only thing your have stated is you like most stuff but think the colors are to saturated. Your FOV issue you can change as you like.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2016, 02:26:58 PM »
Thank you this was the first piece of information that actually helped.  But my FR still needs help.

Frame rate will be better with the 80 FOV and the planes you shoot at will be bigger.

Make sure environmental map is set to none and disable all the options in clipboard/graphic detail.

In video settings try a smaller memory setting.