Author Topic: White Screen  (Read 855 times)

Offline 4462

• Zinc Member
White Screen
« on: July 31, 2016, 09:03:39 AM »
Hello Gents!

Recently upgraded my video card to Nvidia 970 with 4 gigs memory.   This is the only change I've made since last playing AHII.

I loaded the game and get a white screen.  I'm not able to even mouse onto it to close it and have to enter task manager to get out of it.

Would you happen to have any suggestions?

I did an unistall, downloaded and reinstalled the program.    Same result.

Thanks

Specter

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: White Screen
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 09:06:40 AM »
Is your power supply up to the task?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 09:19:06 AM »
Before putting in the new card, did you make sure you cleaned out the old video card drivers first?

A DXDIAG output might help, as well.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 4462

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 09:38:23 AM »
Before putting in the new card, did you make sure you cleaned out the old video card drivers first?

A DXDIAG output might help, as well.

I did remove the old drivers and my power supply is huge.  I'll see if I can do a DXDIAG and get it up here.

Thanks so much for responding so quickly.

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 09:47:14 AM »
PITA but,

I would uninstall all Nvidia drivers, let the machine default to the windows defaults.
Uninstall the 970, reinstall the old card, let machine boot to windows drivers.
Uninstall the old card, reinstall the 970, let boot to windows drivers.
install 970 drivers for you system, only install the driver and PhysX, nothing else.

If you use an HDTV as a monitor, try all the card dance using an old analog monitor or d sub connected. Something I ran into, but explanation winded.
Make sure you choose clean install.
make sure all plugs to card seated right, that card is seated right, that its fans are functioning.
 :salute
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 09:49:43 AM by MADe »
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline 4462

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 09:56:29 AM »
Thanks MADe

I no longer have that option.  I went through my old PC stuff and dumped a lot of old stuff, including the old video card.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 10:37:37 AM »
If you are not expecting audio from the HDMI port (television), then get rid of those NVidia audio drivers.  Check VIA for an updated audio driver as well.  The one installed is old and looks it might be a first generation Windows 10 driver.  Those early drivers had some issues.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 10:39:33 AM »
If you still need to uninstall your display driver you can use the display driver uninstaller and it will get you fixed up.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 11:23:48 AM »
After having done what Chalenge suggested, you can go to Device Manager, choose "Show">"Show hidden devices" and remove all the greyed ones under Display adapters, especially those that are related to your old card. Under "Non-plug and play drivers" look for any greyed stuff related to anti-virus programs you no more have.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 4462

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 11:52:44 AM »
If you are not expecting audio from the HDMI port (television), then get rid of those NVidia audio drivers.  Check VIA for an updated audio driver as well.  The one installed is old and looks it might be a first generation Windows 10 driver.  Those early drivers had some issues.

Done.  No old video drivers there.  Deleted grayed out options and Nvidia HDMI output.  I use a monitor with HDMI rather than a TV.    Searching for driver update for VIA HD Audio now.

Offline 4462

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2016, 12:02:34 PM »
 :banana:  Woot!   Removing Nvidia HDMI sound cleared it up!   :banana:

You guys rock!  Thank you.   Now to get busy with my CH maps and then learn to fly again.

Specter  4462

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2016, 01:27:39 PM »
Glad to hear you got it sorted out.  Yes, those NVidia audio drivers can cause problems.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline MrSpanky

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 03:46:34 PM »
I just installed AH3 on my Lenovo Y50-70.  It ran at 18 FPS which seemed a bit slow.  It has two device adapters installed.  An Intel HD Graphics 4600 and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M.  It appeared that the GeForce wasn't being used.  I updated the drivers and re-installed the GeForce Experience then open the NVIDIA Control Panel, went to Manage 3d Settings and changed the "Preferred graphics processor" to "High-Performance NVIDIA processor".  Now I only see a white screen when I open AH.  I disabled the NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device as it was the only NVIDIA item I could find in the device manager in addition to the Display adapters.

If I select the "Integrated Graphics Process" AH works, but with the slow FPS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 06:27:08 AM »
Just "maximize" AH3 when you are at the white screen and it will work.  We are still trying to find a system we can duplicate this on.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese