Author Topic: File to Adjust the Oculus Desktop window size adjustment  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Phast12

• Copper Member
File to Adjust the Oculus Desktop window size adjustment
« on: November 26, 2016, 08:01:46 AM »
I would like to resize the desktop window that is open while using the Oculus so i can record my actual view. Is there a file that holds these parameters and what is it's name?
Phast
JG4
WW1 - Jasta 11

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: File to Adjust the Oculus Desktop window size adjustment
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 03:55:19 PM »
I'm guessing that window matches the resolution of one of the Rift screens and can't be resized.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 10:24:50 AM »
The splash screen size/location is stored in the "winsize.cfg" file in the "settings" folder where the game is installed.  It is a text file.

"top" and "left" set the physical pixel location.
"bottom" and "right" are the number of pixels from the location.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 03:51:14 PM »
Skuzzy I think he means the monitor window of game play that's displayed when you use the Rift.

Offline Phast12

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 08:18:52 PM »
Thanks Skuzzy, Kanth found that for the oculus the file to adjust (in my case i had to create the file) is vrwinsize.cfg.
Phast
JG4
WW1 - Jasta 11

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 10:57:56 AM »
Thanks Skuzzy, Kanth found that for the oculus the file to adjust (in my case i had to create the file) is vrwinsize.cfg.

Now does this only impact the mirrored image window on the desktop and not the resolution of the VR headset itself? If so I may do the same for my HTC Vive.
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 02:36:43 PM »
Doesn't look like it's changing the way the game looks through the oculus.

I set the Right to 2500, saved Oculus looked normal. Really wide on the desktop window.
set the Right to 500, saved, Oculus looked normal. Really skinny on the desktop window

So looks like it changes the desktop window.

If in doubt back up your original before you start playing around.

The main reason we did this was so that recording the desktop for filming fights with the views incorporated in the video.

So far haven't been able to get the GeForce to record what I'm seeing through the oculus and haven't been able to get ah film viewer to show the views used when fighting in the oculus. So it's really just a hacky way of trying to get some filming to look somewhat normal, although it's only showing the right eye view on the desktop window, which is odd anyway.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 04:40:31 PM »
Good job figuring that out.  :aok

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 06:45:32 PM »
So far haven't been able to get the GeForce to record what I'm seeing through the oculus and haven't been able to get ah film viewer to show the views used when fighting in the oculus. So it's really just a hacky way of trying to get some filming to look somewhat normal, although it's only showing the right eye view on the desktop window, which is odd anyway.

This was also the case in AHII when using TrackIR. The filmviewer isnt designed to record these inputs. Many of the film makers who arent using a HAT switch while filming will basicly take the time to go through their frames to artificially adjust the pilot/camera view frame by frame as needed. While this does create extra work having to do it stop animation style it does start to reveal footage and better positioning you may have missed before.
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"