Author Topic: god mode  (Read 1411 times)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
god mode
« on: March 29, 2017, 10:02:56 AM »
seems like god mode F5-F8 isn't working right with the BowlMA seen this before when AH3 late beta and when 1st released
you can get a resemblance of it with F5-F8-F3

C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: god mode
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 10:14:37 AM »
Think it was disabled in the MA, maybe because it can be used to spot tanks around the field???
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 11:03:47 AM »
Think it was disabled in the MA, maybe because it can be used to spot tanks around the field???

That would be unfortunate, as you can't even check the base for B-29 takeoff opportunities anymore. F3 from tower doesn't help much when judging tree & hill coverage in the area.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 11:58:59 AM »
didna see anything about diableing it in last update
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 01:08:58 PM »
Only thing I can get to work is mouse pan toggle that I've mapped to shift_H when I'm in F3 mode. F5 sets me in the grass and F8 has no effect on it.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 01:16:29 PM »
I haven't fired up the game for a few days, but what you are describing sounds like what happens when you enable and activate CMEye mode. It drops you at ground level in the middle of the base. Maybe CMEye "god mode" got turned on in the arena settings and saved as part of the default settings.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 01:44:16 PM »
It should always have been disabled in the MA, was it enabled in the Melee previously?

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 01:45:56 PM »
seems like god mode F5-F8 isn't working right with the BowlMA seen this before when AH3 late beta and when 1st released
you can get a resemblance of it with F5-F8-F3

If you have done a .psave  previously do a .pclear to remove the file then it should function as before.

HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 01:49:06 PM »
It should always have been disabled in the MA, was it enabled in the Melee previously?

At least for all the 11 years I have been here.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 02:43:41 PM »
F3 then F8 works with the view keys.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 03:05:05 PM »
At least for all the 11 years I have been here.

Could you move around with your joystick using CME commands? I just verified its not enabled, so wondering if you are confusing fixed view where you just sit at the center of the field, can rotate but not move.

HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 03:33:07 PM »
Could you move around with your joystick using CME commands?

No, that doesn't work for me.

I just verified its not enabled, so wondering if you are confusing fixed view where you just sit at the center of the field, can rotate but not move.

What we are talking about is indeed "Fixed View Mode" (as called per key mapper), by default F5.
With F5, followed by F8, we used to rotate and pan around a point centered on the base we are on (or plane, if on ground or if bomber, in the air). While doing that, view was always centered on that point. Of course that could be used to look for vehicles directly on base, but as you technically were still in tower, you couldn't use range vox or room text to relay that info.
It was more convenient to spot for a CV nearby. But for a B-29 flyer it's an extremely important tool to find a place to lift off from, especially for new maps, even more since AH III with it's more obstructed airfields.

Now all it does is planting your nose on the grass in the center of the base.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 03:38:41 PM »
No, that doesn't work for me.

What we are talking about is indeed "Fixed View Mode" (as called per key mapper), by default F5.
With F5, followed by F8, we used to rotate and pan around a point centered on the base we are on (or plane, if on ground or if bomber, in the air). While doing that, view was always centered on that point. Of course that could be used to look for vehicles directly on base, but as you technically were still in tower, you couldn't use range vox or room text to relay that info.
It was more convenient to spot for a CV nearby. But for a B-29 flyer it's an extremely important tool to find a place to lift off from, especially for new maps, even more since AH III with it's more obstructed airfields.

Now all it does is planting your nose on the grass in the center of the base.

Ok now I understand whats going on.

BTW Fixed mode and gods eye are not the same thing.

HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2017, 03:44:33 PM »
BTW Fixed mode and gods eye are not the same thing.

It's just the terminology under which it has been known in the main arena all the years, I guess only very few players have ever used the real 'gods eye'.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2017, 10:14:31 PM »

It's just the terminology under which it has been known in the main arena all the years, I guess only very few players have ever used the real 'gods eye'.
Spend too much time making your charts and not enough time making a dictionary for Aces High terms Snail....shame on you  :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"