Author Topic: Has anyone else joined public test channel?  (Read 824 times)

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Has anyone else joined public test channel?
« on: December 08, 2017, 07:58:28 AM »
The Oculus Rift Core 2.0 Beta is out and we're checking it out. I've heard lots of good things so far and no bad. Picking it up as I'm typing this.
After Phast picked it up and assured me that his machine didn't catch on fire  :devil

I guess the furniture in the lobby is movable? and the lobby is more room scale friendly? the text is more readable?  I don't know if this is true, getting my room scale setup this weekend as well.

https://www.oculus.com/blog/introducing-rift-core/

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
Re: Has anyone else joined public test channel?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 05:28:12 PM »
 :aok
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 07:05:20 PM »
I had to do the Nvidia update first. Reads that some things will be disabled in Win7.  :cry
Over the weekend, I'll install it anyway.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 09:09:42 PM »
Yep, i Had to do the Nvidia update too.  So far not seeing anything wrong with it, i have windows 10 though.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 03:46:28 PM »
I am seeing my startbar disappear from time to time.  I'm assuming that's a bug. It comes back after reboot. I haven't investigated it any further than that.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 07:44:34 PM »
Wasted some time with the pistol and the bow and arrow. Earned the T-rex skull and some less interesting things but I'm not into the decorating activity at all. I do like the sailing ships and speedtree scenes. As I posted in the other thread, the separation of the player boundary UI was the most needed improvement.

Some things are there but not working on my end also, but yeah, it's beta. The lack of using tear-off windows from the desktop monitors in Win7 is the biggest disappointment for me. I guess I'll need to start thinking of upgrading to Win10 if they're readable in the rift. Grrrrrrrrr.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 07:47:21 PM »
I am seeing my startbar disappear from time to time.  I'm assuming that's a bug. It comes back after reboot. I haven't investigated it any further than that.

I'm not sure what you mean by startbar, but I can bring everything up with either the right or left Oculus buttons on the Touch. They control separate function in the Home environment.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 08:16:33 PM »
I mean the windows taskbar. One the #1 Monitor is set to autohiding and after going into Oculus it becomes just a thin line and all of the taskbar icons are hidden. On #2 monitor it looks normal.

If I got into taskbar settings and turn off autohide and then turn it back on , the taskbar shows up as normal.