Author Topic: Can we have a new arena?  (Read 2448 times)

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
Can we have a new arena?
« on: October 26, 2002, 05:48:50 PM »
Somethings  rotten in the ct.  Is it the recent late model plane sets?  Most of the guys are quite civil.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2002, 05:51:05 PM by ergRTC »

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
Can we have a new arena?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2002, 05:50:16 PM »
hhhh

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
Can we have a new arena?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2002, 06:05:38 PM »
and your point is?

3 people gangbang someone and then want sympathy when they are (all 3) shot down?

I side with the guy who was ganged. I say well done shane if it was indeed 3 on 1.

Sounds to me like you are trying to be high and mighty by saying the CT isnt the place for this sort of thing as its more of a sporting arena? (less confrontational than MA?)

well id suggest you stop gang banging and practice what you are trying to preach here :)

unless shane is just making excuses for losing i cant see whats wrong here personally.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Can we have a new arena?
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2002, 06:19:40 PM »
heh.  exactly.  the *only* difference bewteen the CT and MA is the specialized planesets (and the neat terrains and skins).

the *people* are very much the same.  it's a mini-MA (albeit with less emphasis on landgrab/reset - depending on setup, plus the fact it'll pork the arena) with all that entails ack running, ganging, milking and riding some high horse when you get called on it.

I find it very amusing to poke, prod and otherwise get under the skin of lamers who are trying to take some supposed moral high ground when none exists.

actually last nite was very fun (the screen shot is from this afternoon), odds were even, and even if i got cherried or momentarily in a 2 on me, i didn't go off on ch 1... furballs... no biggie...

what this dweebs fail to understand is that you act like a a typical MA dweeb, I'll call you on it.  there's noooo reason whatsoever, other than inherent individual dweebiness, that the CT should be a mini-MA, but... players are what make an arena - don't kill the messenger (at least don't gang him).

you receive what i get.  that simple. don't like it, don't do it.  why don't you dweebs *make* the CT  better place the better place you're claiming it to be.

til then, have a nice cup of STFU  or make use of the TA ------->

:D
« Last Edit: October 26, 2002, 06:28:23 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Miska

• Copper Member
Can we have a new arena?
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2002, 07:05:06 PM »
Very sad that we now have to .squelch 1 in the CT.  Still, can't be helped.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Can we have a new arena?
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2002, 08:30:08 PM »
Originally posted by Miska
Very sad that we now have to .squelch 1 in the CT.  Still, can't be helped.

squelching ch 1 won't improve your style of play - but it might protect your tender sensibilities.  snork.

I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
How's this for dweebery?
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2002, 11:45:33 PM »
mmmm love CT "coolness"

two axis (knits) were working on milking and capturing......

wait for it....

a neutral (rook) base - A18.

guess who?

eskimo (no surprise here) and tack.

bravo!!!  WTG!!!  Teach me how to be so cool!!!!

Offline HFMudd

• Nickel Member
Can we have a new arena?
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2002, 11:53:44 PM »
Ya know, when I get ganged I figure it is my own darn fault for either wading in where I shouldn't have or for being such a lousy stick I couldn't finish off the one before help showed up.

I also seem to get over it long before I come here to post about it.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Can we have a new arena?
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2002, 01:37:59 AM »
well when numbers are low... don't you think it's a little counter productive?  or if the sides are lop-sided?

you guys are soooo stuck staying inside the box.

and repeating the good old - and totally tired -   MA standby retorts.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2002, 01:50:41 AM by Shane »

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Re: How's this for dweebery?
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2002, 01:17:26 AM »
Originally posted by Shane
mmmm love CT "coolness"

two axis (knits) were working on milking and capturing......

wait for it....

a neutral (rook) base - A18.

guess who?

eskimo (no surprise here) and tack.

bravo!!!  WTG!!!  Teach me how to be so cool!!!!

When I logged on, our only front-line base had its FH down, so I upped in an IL-2 to defend it.  As best I could, I tried to chase them away.  The faster "Axis" planes beat me to it.  
Someone called for help at 18.  It looked like a good new place for a new front-line fight.  I'm too impatient to fly from rear bases,  so I ditched at sea to help.
I upped a jet from 33 to cap/vulch it.  I circled it for 5 or 10 minutes hoping to get a vulch or two, the ack was down.  I got bored and landed at 18 to get a jabo.
I then re-upped in a heavy El-Gay-Seven.  Two minutes later Shanehole points out that it was neutral, which I apreciate because I honestly didn't know it was.  Most CT maps have only one or two neutral bases way up in a corner.  

I was hoping to start a new fight up North.  I could care less if someone wants to capture a neutral base, but with no chance of starting a fight, I prefered to ditched my El-Gay-Seven as soon as I confirmed that it waas neutral.

OK, so I miss-read the map.
Leave it to Shanehole to make a big federal case over it and whine, complain, and post it on the BB.  

Get a life Shane.

Meanwhile, Shanehole has been his usual whiney self all day long.
Hehe, he even complained when "He tried to save me, and I didn't help him out quick enough"  I was in a JET!  LOL!  Like I needed saving!  I was in a 262 at about 5K, draggin a same speed stang at 1.4.  He dove in, got anchored, and blamed me, lol.

Hey, I really appreciate all those 6-calls that you gave the enemy everytime you saw me bounce one after that.

Now THAT's cool!

Shane, you are such a total LOSER!
(But you still make me laugh!)

eskimo

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Can we have a new arena?
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2002, 01:40:38 AM »
yeah right, you and tack were working that base for a while... i find it hard to believe someone with your rank and skills could misread a map like that.

beside there were like, oh, maybe 8-10 people on and you trying to start  a fight goes counter to the way i've seen you play. you're not above milking, that's a proven fact.

as for giving the guys who had just upped from a base and were typing while you swoop down in your l33t 262 to bounce them... well consider that "sportsmanship"  something seriously lacking in the CT despite all the cries that the CT is a "civil" place.

you whiney babies get all huffy puffy when people call out your lameness - i'm not your typical accept lameness as SOP business as usual in silence type.   you must feel real special to sit up above the other guys with another 262 buddy and boom and zoom until you finally manage to get a kill then run home and land.

as for the 51 on you, i didn't know what it was, or what you were until you told me after i had already killed the 51. notice i at least made an effort to assist, something you won't even do at all i expect no less from you or several other dweebs in CT. doesn't bother me in the slightest because i know i can still give a good show even when ganged - that's one way to get better, but it does get tiring after a while, i mean... 2 on 1 is hard enough, but 3,4,5 on 1... simply silly given the usuall small numbers in CT, so is vulching for vulching's sake.   counter-productive... look at what happens on ch1...

you hope i play nice on ch1... all i have to say is, i don't come in mouthing off, i don't get all huffy in furballs with multiple cons from each side, i rarely even pop off about 2 on 1's...

i will comment on dweebiness when it expresses itself. sorry if that hurts your widdle feewings.

stupidly, i expected CT to be a cut above the MA...  it's not.

so it's just the MA with different scenery. you reap what you sow.

i find you all more amusing than the MA dweebs... you get all nice and huffy puffy when someone upsets your little world. NOTAM: it's not anyone's little world. There are no different, superior or "civil" rules in the CT. stick that in your manifold and suck it down.

why don't *you* start a movement to actually make the CT a better place... hell, you'll even find me on that bandwagon. so how about stepping up?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2002, 02:20:41 AM by Shane »

Offline JustJim

• Nickel Member
Can we have a new arena?
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2002, 02:02:49 AM »
Perk Shane :D

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Can we have a new arena?
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2002, 07:20:30 AM »
So Shanetard, you insult everyon'e ability at doing anthing, (especially me), yet you think I could never make a mistakereading a map?  Especially when its the first map with such a big neutral country/section, making it as red as the enmy?
You admitedly misread a situation yourself (not knowing that I was a 262).
I flew by you just a few minutes after you pointed out that 18 was Rook.  I believe I was within Icon range of you when it wa captured.  I made one sortie in a 262, into Rook teritory, and never fired a round.  A 262 is worthless for milkrunning, its scored as a fighter only, any jabo work you do in only hurts your score.
As far as assisting YOU goes, why should I?
Why should anyone?

As far a the 262 goes, I fly it like a 262 should be flown, B+Z with an energy advantage.  I'm not good enough with it to same E-state furball against better turning fighters.  I never claimed to be either.
In fact I've never claimed to be anygood with any E-fighter at an equal energy state as my enemy(s).
I turnfight in turnfighters, I B+Z in E-fighters.  So what?

Who get huffy in the CT?
I don't see it except in regards to your keyboard.

Never-the-less, your still a whiney, excuse-making, cry-baby, bratty, trash-talking, mongo-ego, attention-starved, no-life, dork.
(But I still find you amusing)

Shane, the only thing that sucks in the CT is you.  You have the personality of a turd.

eskimo

Offline ygsmilo

• Silver Member
Can we have a new arena?
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2002, 08:27:04 AM »
The biggest problem in the CT is you shane.

I log onto the side with least players and then I squelch you.

You show no respect for anyone.  Most people just want to have fun but you want to try and make sure that they either play the game your way or have no fun.

Try and get rid of that chip thats on your shoulder and gain some respect from the player base.  You have great flying skill, you need to work on your people skills.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Can we have a new arena?
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2002, 08:41:34 AM »
Ditto ygsmilo.

I think Shane's attitude towards other people is the problem, not his skills (or lack of) in dealing with them.  He'll never gain respect from the community without first displaying some for us.