Author Topic: A CT Staffer's perspective  (Read 568 times)

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
A CT Staffer's perspective
« on: November 16, 2002, 02:55:07 PM »
S!

Ok here's my view:

1)  I post alternatives and ask for input.

2)  Overwhelming preference for setup #3

3)  Split response on inclusion of certain US Fighters...  I include FM-2 on ONE CV.

4)  I boost defense AA on Japanese fields as suggested.

5)  I drop AA on CV's as suggested.

6)  On server I hear a chorus of complaints that setup is imbalanced and all Japanese vs USN are porked.

7)  On CT Board I read a chorus of complaints that setup is imbalanced and all Japanese vs USN are porked.  

8)  I change setup.

9)  Now I get chorus of complaints that setup was fine.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????
« Last Edit: November 16, 2002, 02:58:17 PM by Buzzbait »

Offline HiJack

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2002, 03:04:05 PM »
Buzz, i dont complain much about setups, the Hellcats wait their turn for a pto setup and what happens, just cant believe it, well tell u what the Hellcats will fly the setups but we want a late war map. We fly the CT almost exclusively but this really ticks me off. Cant guarantee we will do that much longer, not a threat and really dont give a damn what others think anymore. Put in some PTOs! We know how hard u guys try to make this work, but sometimes i cant believe how some of these guys whine. Guess thats how you get what you want.  Damn i hate to start crying too but if thats what it takes!

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2002, 03:20:46 PM »
There are those that will whine no matter what .

Only the dead have heard the end of whining .

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2002, 03:23:42 PM »
Yep.  Buzzbait I thought the policy of not changing in midweek was a good one.  Now its gonna be a whine fest every friday.  I dont think you want to open that bag of worms.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2002, 04:30:24 PM »
What thread is the "chorus of complaints" on?

No AA on a CV? How are we at an advantage there?

If the preference was for set up #3,  why are we not doing it?

what the hell?

(btw   lol at Samm:D )

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
What's done is done.
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2002, 04:32:03 PM »
What's done is done.

Buzz, I thought is was premature to pull the setup after one night - many of us didn't even get to fly in it.   But it sounds like a lot of work to change so its fine with me if you want to just leave it as is.  After all, its just one week.    

As always, I sincerely appreciate your efforts and hope you aren't too down about what happened here.

v1.11 is just around the corner, and I'm sure HTC will have some nice surprises for us that will help get better balanced setups for the PTO.    Maybe all this whining is just pre-release angst.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2002, 07:57:32 PM »
Still waiting.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2002, 09:17:29 PM »
Buzzbait the only whining I know about that set-up was my PREMATURE post.

If F4Fs can catch and kill a KI61 at D700, then I will change my tactics.

If the KI67 can be killed by one F6F in a deflection shot pass, then so be it I will change my tactics.

If it takes ten Kami A6M2s (or Vals) with bombs droped in from 500ft MSL to sink CV, then so be it.

I didnt get 52kills and 7 deaths in an A6M2 by the CT being accurate! I changed my tactics and stayed away from furballs..but I can still whine about it.

Offline HiJack

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2002, 11:28:37 PM »
Glad to see your still here Hawk, stay with the ct, its still the best arena!

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2002, 08:48:16 AM »
Buzz.
I don't think anybody blames you for the switch. Personally I don't know how you CT staffers do it, we all give you hell at some point or another.

There are so many damn points of view and you guys are trying to make as many people happy as you can. So you guys are appreciated, and we all owe all of you CT staffers a big Thank You.

I was bummed when the setup got changed, mainly for the reasons I've stated. VF-27, and 880 FAA, support this arena no matter what. This was one of the setups they wait for. I want some late war ETO's so my squad can fly P-47s, and P-51s. If we had one that got pulled, that would have been a big kick in the nads to me.

My thoughts on the whole thing are this. We all are going to have to give and take a little. You CT staffers can't make everyone happy noi matter how hard you try. All of us in the CT Community need to suck it up a bit, and go with the flow.

There is a lot of frustration in here lately, and there has been a lot of sniping and fighting among ourselves. I've done it as much as anybody. Why so much frustration, that we're going at each other like mad dogs lately? I don't know myself but I got a few suggestions for all of us. They may just be B.S. to some of you but I'm gonna post them anyway.

We're all here to enjoy ourselve's.  So lets try doing it.

Every Plane matchup can't be fair. That goes without saying, we're all going to have to bite the bullet at one time or other.

The setups need to be mixed. We can't do a lot of just early war setups, and forget the 44/45 planes. People want to fly those too.

We can't ignore the PTO. The PTO planeset suffers yes, but the Japanese are getting a grip on some things, and the setup that was pulled this week was actually one of the best PTO's you can come up with. Once in place lets fly it.

No more bashing planes like the N1k2, or the TA-152 for being in the Axis stable. Look I know there may have been only 300 or so N1k2;s made, but your not going to see 300 of them, your going to maybe see at the very most 20, and usually not that many.
If the N1K2, ME-262, TA-152, Spit MK -Uber whatever was there, then let em fly.

Axis Pilots, you knew the job was dangerous when you took it. You know your going to have to work harder sometimes, because of planes and larger numbers on the Allied side. Thats part of the appeal to flying Axis, it is harder most of the time.

Allied Pilots, if the Axis have what you consider an uber plane, don't bash em and belittle them for flying it. Over come it, destroy the base they fly from. Live with the fact that yes, like it or not the Germans, and the Japanese did develop some kick bellybutton aircraft.

Both Sides, try and understand without the guys flying on the other side of the map this would be boring as hell. If the numbers get lopsided, ask for help but don't whine. I've seen whining start on he buffer lately with numbers like 16 to 11. Thats not bad odds. Try and treat each other with a little respect as you blow their brains out.:D  We're all in love with the same game, we've all got the addiction.

New ideas are always coming up like the push for no icons. I understand that some people may want that, if you can do it without  screwing up peoples ability to play the game like wingmen, and squads then give it a try.

Last, but not least to the CT staffers, and the CT pilots. We are all human. We are all going to complain, make bad post, lose our temper, and generally make an bellybutton out of ourselves sooner or later. Lets all undertsand that right now, and in the future I for one will try and give a guy having a bad time a little encouragement, not hand him a gun, and say point this at your head and pull the trigger you'll feel better.

Don't take any of this crap too serious, remember what all the people that don't do this say about AH. " OH THAT AIRPLANE GAME"

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2002, 10:03:45 AM »
What he said. (I can't believe HE said THAT! ;)  )
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2002, 06:07:32 PM »
nicely stated lowe.