Author Topic: KOTH/EKOTH changes...  (Read 964 times)

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
KOTH/EKOTH changes...
« on: November 17, 2003, 10:33:05 PM »
In my previous post, we had discussed moving KOTH to Saturdays to give us more flexibility in scheduling...  Since there was no real opposition, we have...

KOTH for November will be held @ 9PM EST on Saturday 22 Novemebr in the SEA!  Congratulations to WldThing (again)!  I'm not sure what plane he picked because my connection died last month, but I'll find out and fill yas in...

EuroKOTH will be held on Friday the 21st at 4PM EST, and its scheduling on Friday will remain constant.  Congratulations to Swoop for winning in a lightning-quick manner!  I also haven't seen any posts as to what his choice of plane was...

TeamKOTH.... is coming
Still working a couple of details, but sooooon.

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
KOTH/EKOTH changes...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 10:48:03 PM »
Thanks BM... Let the plane beeee a Typhoon for 1st Round.

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
KOTH/EKOTH changes...
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003, 10:11:37 PM »
example KOTH WILL BE HELD SAT AT 9:00 PM, AN HOUR EARLIER THAN NORMAL

We not doing this thing or did I miss it?

edit:  

Dude not only do you change the day but the time grrr...

KEEP THINGS THE SAME

well I'll see you in a few months, doubt I'll be able to make it next month.........  Holidays......

kinda ticked you moved it back one bloddy hour ...  but you did post and asked so Iw can't blame ya :D

point is you shouldn't change crap .(period)

espesialy when It's been same for nearly a year....

Becuase no one knows anythign about KOTH ...

I missed knowing about it for quite a few months after  they cancled WW's in favor of KOTH monthly.

Finding out about this BS become a pain in the bellybutton .. leave it standard.  If you can....

Can't tell you how ticked I am showing up 50 min's 'late' to see thing ended ... relly 1:50 mins late .. ';cause ya changed things ... two things grrr

Not really *****ing at ya Max .. just want you to undertsnad what all your scheduling BS leads too..... Most people aren't going to pay attetion  .... did you have small tunrout this month? or normal?

If you can set a time -LEAVE IT FOR GOOD! noone else can have it touch it etc .. only reason we wouldn't have it at that time is if CM couldn't make it ....  

SO IF YOU HAVE TO PICK A TIME- PUT IT IN HUGE BOLD LETTERS AT TOP OF POST AND LET THE POEPLE KNOW  see top ... you noticed that eh?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2003, 10:34:58 PM by Manedew »

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
KOTH/EKOTH changes...
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2003, 01:29:24 AM »
Mane...

It was posted...
I sent to ALL on the Mailing list...
I asked about two weeks ago if anyone objected...
Would you like me to call you at home and remind you?
I know... It's all my fault...

It was moved to Saturdays to keep it from having ZERO turnout over Christmas & Thanksgiving...  I opted to schedule it an hour earlier because it is on Saturdays now and we can afford the hour move-up...

By moving it to Saturdays, we have given KOTH a permanent place on the Events schedule that does NOT conflict with anything else.  Saturday nights is KOTH's permanent home.

EuroKOTH will still be flown on Fridays, and not necessarily on the one corresponding to KOTH.

Turn-out was 20 to 30 and we used the DA terrain and a lower ALTCAP (5K) which kept things low and fast...

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
KOTH/EKOTH changes...
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2003, 05:47:54 AM »
hey max i know i sound abrassive .. just the way i am sometimes .... (had a mean old man :D)    

Tried to point out I don't blame ya, and that I know ya warned us .....

But I wanted to point out things shouldn't be changed,  It really hurts the game....

if we have to chnage it chnage it ..... but try not to do it agin :D

Sorry if i'm a bit abbrasive :o

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
KOTH/EKOTH changes...
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2003, 06:35:10 AM »
Manedew, it was because we were always having to shift the KOTH in favour of the Friday SquadOps that this move was done in the first place.  The Friday SquadOps have been around much longer, and at nearly 200 players a frame are the most popular event we host.  The KOTH was originally slotted into the Fridays between SquadOps, but if a SquadOp frame had to be put back at all, as happens occasionally, it had a knock-on effect for the KOTH (also an important and popular event, but appealing to a different set of players) which was proving unacceptable.  By moving it to the Saturday slot it holds now, we are ensuring this does not happen again and making it a more reliably timed event for those that play it.  Any other events played on Saturdays will always be well over before the KOTH is due to start.  Sorry it had to be moved, but it was in the KOTH players' best interests.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
KOTH/EKOTH changes...
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2003, 05:20:26 PM »
Originally posted by Manedew
Sorry if i'm a bit abbrasive :o

Hey bro,
I've known you for a long time.... I know how to take your comments, was why I was trying to make light of them.  No apology necessary.

Floss explained the reasoning very well...

I don't anticipate having to move KOTH ever again...  So you may plan on seeing it on Saturdays from here on out.  December KOTH is tentatively (90%) going to be scheduled the Saturday before Christmas...