Author Topic: Beans101 Is January KOTH  (Read 951 times)

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Beans101 Is January KOTH
« on: January 26, 2004, 09:58:38 PM »
Congratulations Beans!!!

That last round was a real "Nail Biter"!  I am really glad to see a new face wearing the crown, especially after your performance in those 152s...  I thought those two guys had you several times, I think they did too...  Were you sweaty and shaking afterwards?  I hope so...  Again WTG!!!

--Dang... I forgot what you called for your first ride next month?--

KOTH logs are here:

KOTH rules here:

Round by Round:
  • VLKYRIE1 in a F4U-1C
  • IHSailing in a 262
  • Eivind in a 205
  • ManeTMP in a Spitfie II
  • BigMax in a P-47D-30
  • Slash in a P-40B
  • Beans101 in a 109E
  • BigMax in a 190A8
  • ManeTMP in a F4U-1
  • Lazerus in a P-38L
  • Beans101 in a KI61
  • JB42 in a Mosquito
  • Beans101 in a TA152

Awsome fights everyone!

We also had a couple of 1st time round winners as well...
VLKYRIE1, IHSailing, and JB42 (I think)

__W  T  G  __

Thanks to all who flew!!:aok
« Last Edit: January 26, 2004, 10:07:56 PM by BigMax »

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
Beans101 Is January KOTH
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 10:44:21 PM »
190F8
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
Beans101 Is January KOTH
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 02:40:56 PM »
That last match in the TA-152 was very interesting.  I had survived a long, excellent engagement with Fuseman , and by the time I looked around, it was already down to myself, Beans101 and RDRTrash.  Both Beans and I nearly fell out of our chairs with surprise since the three of us are all brothers.  We quickly decided how we would engage, and since Beans was riding two wins, we were going to stack the cards against him.  I wanted to go straight up against Beans, and then if Beans won, Trash then would have the advantage and finish him, giving the win to Trash.  He deserved it anyway since the results showed Trash had 5 kills on this flight.  I would have argued strenuously for Beans to at least auger, so that Trash could have a win, and the event could continue.  But nothing happens the way you plan it.  As it turned out, Beans and I engaged, but Trash remained aggressive.  I completely ignored Trash since he knew I wasn't after him, and the engagement with beans quickly went in my favor.  It helped that Beans was missing an aileron and a flap I think courtesy of Trash, but Beans is not an easy target even when part of his plane is missing.  After another long fight, and several missed snapshots, I was finally pulling around for what I thought would be the final shot when, as I hung there in the air, my plane exploded.  Trash had blasted me instead of Beans.  What are brothers for?  Cannon fodder is what I say.  :D   Well, since the plan was shot to heck, I guess Beans decided to write his own ending for this finale and sent Trash to the showers along with all the rest of us.  It was another fun event, and the engagements are always unpredictable, and some of the best available anywhere in the world of AH.  Thanks for your services BigMax.  

Offline Beans101

• Zinc Member
Beans101 Is January KOTH
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 01:25:16 AM »
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH TRACER, it was very supprising that Trash Killed Tracer....but i really cant complain lol.   And at the end it was real nail biting with the both of them after me, i can believe i stayed alive, after Trash (on two seperate occasions shot me) shot me with his 20's and only did minor damage!!!  Oh well, i guess the game isnt perfect but i shouldve been ded!!  It was a great match and i was sweating afterward!!!  

P.S. I SERIOUSLY ALMOST FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR WHEN I FOUND OUT TRASH WAS STILL ALIVE AND IT WAS JUST US BROTHERS!!!  <> Trash and TracerX for the rollercoaster ride!!

Beans101 OUT!!!

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Beans101 Is January KOTH
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 07:32:16 PM »
Congrats Fellers...

I thought Slash & I were the only brothers that fly...  The problem is, he always comes after me from the beginning...  I guess he's still NOT over all that childhood stuff - oh well, maybe when he's 40...;)

Offline Wadke

• Nickel Member
Beans101 Is January KOTH
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 10:14:13 PM »
Ahhhhh! Brotherly Love :D :rofl

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Beans101 Is January KOTH
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2004, 10:42:16 AM »
WTG Beanie boy :)  ..  I promise i shall attend the next KOTH!! Been working 10-9 7 days a week lately,  quite frustrating.

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
Beans101 Is January KOTH
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2004, 01:05:02 PM »
I know what you mean BigMax.  Most of the excitement of shooting down a fellow sibling has faded since Beans and I have spent lots of time in the DA together.  I think he is tired of shooting me down now.  :)     Maybe I should work with Trash now.

Also, technically WildThing, you could call him Beanie Baby since he is the youngest.  Ironicly he will be the first to remind you that he is also the tallest.  6' 7" or something unnatural like that.  This helps explain the brain dammage because, he is always bumping his head against things.  The rest of us are all a normal 5' 10" or so, and noticably lacking self inflicted head injuries.  :D