Author Topic: Police shooting in New York  (Read 571 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Police shooting in Ney York
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2004, 02:25:47 PM »
BS.

Look how trivially this young man's life is being treated. There is NO EXCUSE for shooting someone for walking through a door in THEIR building.  This cop may have simply made a trajic error, but if he had taken a life with his car through improper usage he would be facing manslaughter at least.

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2004, 02:29:07 PM »
Does Criminal Intent play a big part in American Law?
Anyone?

I watch too much Law and Order I guess :confused:
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2004, 03:00:15 PM »
if those are the facts of the case from the story than the officer was in the wrong and will probably do time.  He killed somone though negligence.

On the flip side.  I wish the black community had as much out cry when a young kid is shot and killed all the time not jsut when a white officer does it.  Maybe if they could control their own a little better incidents like this wouldnt happen.

(side note:  My above comment is not intended to be derogitory.  It is meant to reflect all the times we hear in the news about a black kid getting shot/beat up by a white guy.  Statistically this is a small occurence compared to total violence that happens in these types of communities)

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2004, 03:10:21 PM »
If cops are that nervous when they patrol these buildings then they should send more than two of them.   Six cops may feel less vulnerable, and therefore be less likely to blast anything that moves.

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2004, 03:13:06 PM »
Well I have just figured out a use for the military.
Patrolling the inner cities.
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2004, 03:15:22 PM »
Originally posted by Ping
Well I have just figured out a use for the military.
Patrolling the inner cities.

Unconstitutional in the US.

Is that the only use you can come up with for the military?

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2004, 03:16:04 PM »
Shovelling snow?

For the humour impaired this is refering to T O being helped out by the Military
http://www.cbc.ca/mondayreport/backissues_jan12.html#kabul
view the video Greetings from Kabul.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 03:25:55 PM by Ping »
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2004, 03:17:37 PM »
ra: If cops are that nervous when they patrol these buildings then they should send more than two of them.   Six cops may feel less vulnerable, and therefore be less likely to blast anything that moves.

How about having them patrol the nice neighbourhoods like mine where people like and respect them - and pay their salaries.
 If military wishes to use the projects for urban maneuver practice - like military surgeons use it for practice of the gunshot wound treatments, they have my blessing.

miko

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2004, 04:44:31 PM »
He just forgot to sprinkle some crack on him.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2004, 05:08:21 PM »
I tend to support cops in most situations, but I can't support this guy shooting just because he was startled.  Before shooting, a cop needs to be sure of his tartget and the threat it presents.  This guy just shot as a reaction to being startled, and I wouldn't call it an accident.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"