Author Topic: John Kerry..Too Busy to vote, except against Guns.  (Read 942 times)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
John Kerry..Too Busy to vote, except against Guns.
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2004, 05:38:27 AM »
Sorry, cant help myself :D

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2004, 08:31:28 AM »
George is in Ireland today, does this count as vacation?

The president does telecommute; he can fulfill his obligations from anywhere on earth.  Senators and Representatives must be present in the respective chambers in order to vote and fulfill their obligations.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2004, 10:52:20 AM »
a side note that I picked up off the TV last night.  when important (to him at least) votes come up that Kerry wishes to vote on.  he schedules in a trip to Washington to make the vote.

lately republican senators have been pushing to delay votes to make his trips a waste of time, or require him to cancel planned campaign appearances in the hope that he will be allowed to vote on the issue the next day.  but with no guarantee that they won't push the vote back again and waste another day.

this tactic might have a fairly heavy impact on his ability to be there for the votes.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2004, 11:10:54 AM »
What I would like to see is a requirement for Senators and Representatives to be in their respective states or districts in order to cast a vote.

The Senator from Vermont must vote on a secure link to Washington from his office in Burligton.

Then hop in the car and go see my congressman face to face, and the citizenry would have a greater impact.  The special intrest lobbies would have a far tougher job, having to travel all over the place for face time with several congressman.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2004, 11:16:13 AM »
interesting idea, I like it.