Author Topic: Guys without a clue in KOTH.  (Read 1521 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Guys without a clue in KOTH.
« on: September 19, 2004, 12:23:52 AM »
Please please please PLEASE, eject people who obviously don't have the smallest clue as to what's going on in KOTHs.
We had a 0 clue guy in KOTH who definately had an effect.
He ignored any attempt at clueing him in also.
Warns will not work. Mutes will not work.
The only thing to do is eject them before they cause trouble.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 01:30:23 AM »
trin to kill KoTH here EH?
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 10:50:38 AM »
Another useless empty skull post. You weren't there, have no idea what happened but still feel the need to post something.
A few suggestions skull, instead of typing your posts, try banging your forehead against the keyboard.
1) It will probably make more sense.
2) The grammar and typing will most likely be better.
3) You might knock some sense into that skull.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2004, 11:11:45 AM »
oh no fuze you decribed it perfectly.  Someone ran, cherry picked, and killed you and you are just venting frustration.  i understand perfectly.:aok
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline flyingaround

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2004, 11:31:56 AM »
Please remove foot from mouth skull.  You are (AGAIN) sooooo far off base as to be comical.  Some idiot showed up apparently drunk, and was quite mouthy and I THINK was throwing out JOIN requests during the fighting.  I squelched 'em almost immediatly, so I missed most of what was said.  I DO agree w/ fuze here, he should have been booted much sooner.

Nothing of what YOU described happened to any degree.  I can't really recall anything of THAT sort  happening much, or at least whined about in Sept. KOTH.  Almost every round was well and hard fought.

I can't help wondering if you are "projecting" a bit too much re. AH.  You seem to be quite deficient in many areas, (I'll write it off to you still being a child), are quite lacking in both flying and people skills (again I'll write it off to you being just a little kid) and just because YOU fly in that manner (your avg. k/d ratio for the past 6months is .5574 and they GIVE you a +1 in that equasion. Heck, you don't even get a kill every OTHER flight.  WOW!)  please quit assuming everybody else shares your tactics.

Most participants in the KOTH's fly with much honor and respect, and you will find some of the BEST fights in AH during these very special events.

Nobody ever teach you the whole "can't say anyting nice....." bit eh?  Oh well.  You will (I hope) grow up and out of this.

Again, I'll cut you some slack for being such a young kid.  Grab me (or a trainer, either or) some time and let's go to the TA and we'll see if we can get the k/d ratio up a wee, and possibly change your view of how this game is played.
WMLute

III/JG26 9th ST WidowMakers

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2004, 12:13:27 PM »
Being that he is obviously new, as a CM, I had to try and passify him without ejecting him first ...

We as CMs cannot just go around throwing people out haphazardly...  Fuze and I were talking to him, asking him to leave, he continued his "weird" (for the lack of a better term) texts and would not acknowledge any comms or warnings. ..  After several attempts, I decided to mute him and continue the event, thinking the problem was solved.  It appeared to work and I thought everything was normal.  I guess it was the next round or possible the second after that when one of the players complained that he was sending join requests - which I had not considered.  I ejected him immediately but he had already got at least one of you killed.

Under the circumstances, and given the tools that we (CMs) have, I think it was handled appropriately...  However, if there is a next time, I will not spend so much time explaining...  I'll also see if HTC will make it so a muted player cannot send a join request which will keep this from re-occurring.

Offline dfl8rms

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2004, 04:58:39 PM »
Wasn't there so I can't comment on the behaviou, but the next time you up on the KOTH or other event, you may want to use the  ".showjoin 0" or ".showjoin 1" command.  One of them changes the pop-up window to a message in your text buffer.   I know its not a solution for what BigMax described, but it does prevent the pop-up box.  I use it in the events I fly in.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2004, 05:37:15 PM »
BM well then you might as well Kill koth if you do that beause 99% of people who play have no clue what it is.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2004, 06:06:42 PM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
BM well then you might as well Kill koth if you do that beause 99% of people who play have no clue what it is.

You miss half the point of KOTH.

It's not just some thing to do; it's something to aspire to.

As such; the clueless are welcome. Where else will they get a clue if not there?

The disruptive are a different matter; as are cheaters (one cheats in KOTH by not flying to the rules of the event); and will be dealt with.

KOTH is nothing to do with a war game and everything to do with a simulation of WWII fighters.

I've always wanted to win one; and I've come close but never managed. When I do; I might "have a clue".

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2004, 10:57:37 AM »
Seeker, there are people who fight there that are trying to get  better at situational awareness and furball fighting.
This guy upped from the field, I assume with bombs and or rockets, and proceded out of the KOTH boundaries to attack another base. That was the 0 clue part.
I have absolutely no problem with people unfamiliar with KOTH flying in it. They tend to ask questions on how to fly it and put in the effort to learn it.  This guy was a clueless dolt who thought it was a regular arena to attack stuff in, despite NUMEROUS attempts to inform him what was going on.
dfl8rms, I can't remember when anyone tried this, sending joins to many people flying. You can bet I'll do a showjoin 0 next KOTH. The showjoin 0 makes join requests come up as text and not a popup.
Skull, you are really becoming more of an amusement every post of yours I'm unfortunate enough to read. You also getting close, correction you are a clueless dolt.
I am 100% certain that YOU Skull, have absolutely no clue. The real funny part is you don't know that and think you have something to add to anything you come across. I suggest you re-enroll in kindergarden and start over.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2004, 11:54:42 AM »
"This guy upped from the field, I assume with bombs and or rockets, and proceded out of the KOTH boundaries to attack another base. That was the 0 clue part. "

Sounds like disruption to me.

It's the unwilingness to respond to the CM's which point it out as being disruption as opposed to ignorance.

But of course I accept your point :)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2004, 01:42:17 PM »
Same fellow popped into MA the other day and started running his mouth about this and that...  I PM'd him and politely asked him why he was acting like that in KoTH, he replied "CUZ THEY 2 SENSITIVE" or something to that effect...  Anyway, I don't know if he's a complete newbie, a shades account, or just a jerk, but he's not any nicer to deal with in the MA then in KoTH.

Luckily for me, I was always long since dead before he could ask to join my plane :D
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2004, 02:46:04 PM »
Had some really great fights =S=. Wife ack got me after p38 round so I didnt get to stay to end. Some day I will figure out an evasive move for it.

=S= Slash that zeek fight was epic. Thought I had you at the top of the spiral climb but just as I got a guns solution you stalled and I missed my oppertunity.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack