Author Topic: Impressions of a 1st Time KoTH'er  (Read 590 times)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Impressions of a 1st Time KoTH'er
« on: September 19, 2004, 04:31:51 AM »
Participated in my first KoTH last night/this morning...  I'd have to say it was a blast! Furthremore, talk about a learning experience...  That "God Mode" really lets you see how the elite pilots do what they do (the only bummer is that the films won't work for it...  I'd really like to have that as a reference if you feel like adding it in a patch down the road HiTech)...  I spent some time in the MA and DA afterwords trying out some of the stuff I saw and definately noticed a difference...

Now, the only question is will I remember any of it tomorrow ;) ?

Anyway, I emailed you @ HTC, BigMax, sign me up for that mailing list I'll do everything I can to make sure I'm at the next one!

Slightly OT: When the championship KoTH is held in December, will spectators be allowed via god mode?  It would really be a shame if they weren't, I'd sit there the whole time just watching the game's top pilots duke it out.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 12:26:24 PM »
Glad you had a good time...  I sent you an invitation to the mailer so you'll know ahead of time...  E/KoTHs are usually held the first or second weekend of the month.

As far as watching the TOC, I don't think spectating is possible unless HTC adds it in a later patch.  However, when we get to the event, I will ask the players to film their flights and send me the films which we should be able to post somewhere for all people to view.  It's probably the best we'll be able to do.

See you @ the next KoTH!

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 12:56:21 PM »
Originally posted by BigMax

As far as watching the TOC, I don't think spectating is possible unless HTC adds it in a later patch.  However, when we get to the event, I will ask the players to film their flights and send me the films which we should be able to post somewhere for all people to view.  It's probably the best we'll be able to do.

See you @ the next KoTH!

Films probably are the only way to do it, unless god mode worked for say the pilots who are allowed to fly go bishop, the spectators go knight and in god mode (so you could always tell no one was flying that wasn't supposed to).

Well anyway, if that's not possible then yes, please have them film it! It would be very interesting to watch.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group