Author Topic: OFP: Operation Firelord  (Read 480 times)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
OFP: Operation Firelord
« on: September 29, 2001, 01:59:00 AM »
Hey guys this is the best mission yet Reminds me of Alian. The radio beeper gets higher and higher the closer you get to these supermen... too cool.

from Axle's forum:
Devil Chaser has done things with OPF that even makes BIS look amateurish.  The mission is over 11M, so it's not small; but the quality of the cut scenes (that go for over 5 mins) make it worth the download time.

Operation Firelord

The easiest way to explain it is it's like a cross between Resident Evil and OPF.  Download it, sit back and enjoy it.

Congratulations DC - it's the best thing I've done with OPF yet.

From the download page:
REVIEW:
OMG – What an Intro! This mission is 11.69Mb and it worth every single bit. Seriously the Intro lasts for fully 5 minutes. The plot unfolds before just like a movie. Stop reading and click away to download. This text isn’t going anywhere. Come back later. Hurry up. There that’s better, OK on with the review….

You begin this mission as Daniel Chase, a man for hire. Actually a medical technical and cryobiological researcher. You accept a job and end up on a military controlled island in the company of two fellow researchers (both of whom your sure are mad).

It turns out the want you to re-animate some past “projects” who have been cryogenically frozen on the ocean floor. When this is complete is when things go horribly wrong. The “projects” turn and the bullets start to fly. Someone’s got to clean up the mess and, yep you guessed it…. So armed with a new toy your off to “play soldier”.

I think reviewing these maps may be making me into a half decent soldier. The reason for that comment is the only fault I found was that this mission was just a little easy. After the Intro and the build up I was expecting a lot more from the enemy. In saying that. This map could have no enemy, nothing at all to achieve on it and I would still recommend it, for the cinematic skills of Devilchaser alone.

So click on the link below or head over the “Mappers Comment” section of the forum and let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you all.
Shai’tan.

Easy my ass. The first time you get chucked up in the air about a 100 feet by one of these jaspers.. Its like the scene from Jaws.. "Your gonna need a bigger boat"
10Bears-

[ 09-29-2001: Message edited by: 10Bears ]

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2001, 06:26:00 PM »
Check out some of cumboys (yes its an unfortunate name) missions on www.flashpointarena.com.

The Airborne and Air Recon missions rock. Especially if you have a full HOTAS setup. Stick controls can be a bit twitchy, FM is nothing to rave about. But the sheer fun of flying a Cessna in a CAS role at tree top level is awesome.

Even more fun is coming in hard for an extraction with the side gunner goin nuts on the 50 cal.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2001, 09:55:00 PM »
Hey umm been playing ofp fer abit and if any of you guys wanna get together and do some 6v6 ctf I'm in......