Author Topic: why do I see this?  (Read 435 times)

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
why do I see this?
« on: March 16, 2008, 03:59:26 AM »
it started about a weak ago :noid
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 09:35:53 AM by Skuzzy »
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Re: why do I see this?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 04:50:18 AM »
It's the aliens!  :O :noid

I don't think the menus are in the cache, so deleting that wouldn't help...if it worked before, video drivers shouldn't be an issue. Maybe the Aces High executable got corrupted.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline SeteshCH

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 04:21:57 PM »
Have you updated your video drivers? Is this the only program that pixel washes on you? If this is not the only program and you have not updated your drivers you should simply update your drivers. If that does not work I would look to the GPU. This is a common problem when GPU's go bad. Of course this all based on my own personal experiences.

Cheers,
SeteshCh

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 12:52:57 AM »
If this is not the only program and you have not updated your drivers you should simply update your drivers.

Careful when telling people to update their drivers. There can be massive performance decrease and loss of functionality when you put on the latest and "greatest" driver with even a slightly dated video card. As an example, my older nVidia 6800 works best with the 61.77 drivers. If I updated them to the newest ones, I doubt AH would run properly.

If the game was functioning and drivers were not changed, drivers should not be an issue. Overheating of the GPU comes to mind though. Have a look at how much dust has built up on the video card, especially the heatsink. Check if the heatsink is beginning to fall off. (Yes, I've heard stories of people opening their cases and finding the aluminum sitting on the bottom)
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 01:59:31 AM »
nevermind, I fixed it my video card setting's were all set to best performance.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline SeteshCH

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 08:17:37 AM »
Careful when telling people to update their drivers

Suppose I should have stated I was referring to ATI cards, At least that has been my experience with them. Funny you you should mention the 6800 as that's what I am using now. :D

nevermind, I fixed it my video card setting's were all set to best performance.

It never hurts to knock the dust out of your case. Also I would still monitor the screen while playing.

Cheers,
SeteshCh