Author Topic: Missions warping in mid-fight  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Missions warping in mid-fight
« on: April 08, 2008, 10:01:35 AM »
Hi all.

I've downloaded a few missions and have a recurring problem where I'll warp back to base to land while still in the middle of a fight.

I haven't looked into mission editing yet but I suspect there's a "window" on the map that you enter to warp. Only, some of these fights get spread out. I think the chase to engage the enemy leads me into the warp points a number of times.

It's very annoying as I'm usually full throttle or WEP trying to chase the enemy. Once It warped me home with 5 mins left on final (that was close).

Is this something you can help fix by moving the exit warp point well away from the combat area?

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
Re: Missions warping in mid-fight
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 10:19:18 AM »
Krusty,

The warping is not a "window" at a location, it's a calculation of time to fly a segment at a certain speed.

The warping is due to how the way-point segments are arranged, and how much time is calculated to fly that distance. For example, if the attack segment is 30 miles long and you are flying at 120mph that segment would allow for a 15 minute dogfight. If you're not done in fifteen minutes you warp no matter what's going on (if the next segment is set to warp).

We've put in a mission editor "wishlist" request that would allow you to stay in the attack segment until all the enemy aircraft are destroyed or beyond icon range.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 10:21:37 AM by Baumer »
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: Missions warping in mid-fight
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 11:07:47 AM »
Ah, thanks for the info!