Author Topic: My Little Pony kills woman!  (Read 447 times)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
My Little Pony kills woman!
« on: May 23, 2008, 12:03:39 PM »
It’s hard to find amusement with a tragedy, but man, a My Little Pony killed a woman recently.  That's just too much.
This is a bit ironic after the recent thread about the My Little Pony Forums:

Pacemaker Malfunction Leads to Death

Magnetic toy causes pacemaker malfunction. Grandmother suffers heart attack and dies.

May 20 07:02 PM US/Eastern
By BRIAN BAKST
Associated Press Writer

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - A small magnet in a toy may have disabled the computerized regulator in a woman's pacemaker; causing her death.

Kathy M. Williamson watched as her three year old daughter played with a toy on her grandmother's chest; within a minute Williamson’s 81 year old mother, Eleanor Roberts, went into cardiac arrest. Cardiologist Russell Hughes suspects that the close proximity of a magnet in a foot of a "My Little Pony" to the pacemaker in Roberts’ chest caused the computer in the pacemaker to malfunction and produce an impossible heart rate, resulting in heart failure and death. Hughes stated that magnets have been known to disrupt some pacemakers but are only dangerous if they are within four inches of the regulator. “A small magnet would have to be in direct contact with the chest directly over a pacemaker to cause failure.” Hughes stated.

Paramedics arrived within five minutes, but were unable to revive Roberts. Williamson reportedly was so distraught over the ordeal that she burned a collection of over 100 of the small plastic toys.

___

Associated Press writers Joshua Freed in Minneapolis and Gregg Aamot in St. Paul contributed to this report.

Breitbart

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Re: My Little Pony kills woman!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 12:08:00 PM »
Man that is so sad for the loss of a Mother and Grandmother. I hope that the granddaughter is not blamed by her mother for the death.

While there may be irony there I found no humor at all.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 12:13:36 PM »
Yeah, no humor to be found when a child accidentally kills a family member. That's going to haunt them for a very long time.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 05:00:47 PM »
Oh come on  guys!

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 05:04:34 PM »
I laughed, then I felt bad, then I laughed some more...

:O

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 06:12:07 PM »
It does prove that MLP poses a threat to society, but I already had that impression from seeing the forum.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 06:54:00 PM »
This isn’t the worst MLP tragedy.  In 2003 a woman bush pilot in Alaska, who happened to be a MLP collector, placed one on the dashboard.  She didn’t know about the magnet in the foot.  This, of course, threw off her compass.  She flew off into the middle of nowhere, ran out of gas and crash landed.  Two of her four passengers died.  The other two and the pilot were seriously hurt but survived and were rescued. 

I guess you just never know with women pilots.  It shows how evil MLPs are and why they all must be destroyed.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 08:21:19 PM »
This isn’t the worst MLP tragedy.  In 2003 a woman bush pilot in Alaska, who happened to be a MLP collector, placed one on the dashboard.  She didn’t know about the magnet in the foot.  This, of course, threw off her compass.  She flew off into the middle of nowhere, ran out of gas and crash landed.  Two of her four passengers died.  The other two and the pilot were seriously hurt but survived and were rescued. 

I guess you just never know with women pilots.  It shows how evil MLPs are and why they all must be destroyed.

Your kidding right?

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 04:37:47 AM »
Oh man, I thought the My Little Pony collectors board freaks would be way more gullible than my very own Aces High board nerd pals...  Come on guys, a killer My Little Pony days after my thread/discovery of the mlp forum?  And the story ends with the mom burning her mlp collection?

http://www.mlparena.com/Forums/viewforum/f=1.html - look for the thread by My_Little_Darth_Maul_Pony

The sympathy over the burned mlp collection was about what I'd suspected it would be though.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 04:41:57 AM »
Looks like Steve is slacking on his BS-detecting responsibility for this board.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 04:43:35 AM »
Taboos  :rolleyes:
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 05:22:33 AM »
Looks like they're soaking their torches eski :lol They'll be hunting witches by weeks end!
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 09:23:18 AM »

Thats not nearly as tragic as MLPMGW.

Thats right.  My Little Pony Made Global Warming.

They must be stopped at any cost.

:noid,
Wab

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2008, 10:49:38 AM »
What's a pacemaker?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2008, 11:09:24 AM »
Isn't it a brand of exhaust header?
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder