Author Topic: How to prevent History delete in Firefox  (Read 26588 times)

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
How to prevent History delete in Firefox
« on: November 17, 2008, 12:22:54 AM »
I have reason to believe that some little people are deleting their browsing history after they are online.  Is there a way to disable the ability to delete your browsing history in Firefox?

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Re: How to prevent History delete in Firefox
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 12:29:45 AM »
dunno about that...frankly you dont have to.

open up a command prompt (run, CMD)  type in ipconfig /displaydns

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 12:31:23 AM »
Unfortunately not, but if you can find out it is what they're seeing that you don't want them to you can block it.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 01:04:11 AM »
Unfortunately not, but if you can find out it is what they're seeing that you don't want them to you can block it.

I've been doing that through the router.  Occasionally I'll log into their computer and watch what they do. Usually just milling about but there is one that seems to seek out more trouble than I'm willing to allow.  Next step i think is a good key logger.

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 01:45:42 AM »
PM me so I don't forget...

if you have a linksys router you can change the firmware to a 3rd party and can log all packets, all sorts of amazing stuff. you can make it similar to a consumer grade firewall just like the one I manage at my company.

browser doesn't matter, you can not only view all browsing history you can block and log attempts to anything you want.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 02:16:12 AM »
Make sure you're not violating privacy laws while doing that.. Some kids have sued their parents for less.  :salute
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 02:34:04 AM »
When all else fails, there is still the old stand-by.......

Duct tape and closets.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 06:45:16 AM »
You can get a vague idea as to where they've been. Or what they have been looking at by looking at the temporary internet files.
Odds are that while they may have deleted the history. they didint delete those.
The added benefit of looking there is you can see what time they were viewed.

Keep in mind though. you get a vague idea only. as everything that might have been on that page shows up.
Including the ads.
And it might be easy to mistake an advertisement for a sight. For having visited the site itself
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 07:41:10 AM »
http://www.specter-software.com/

One of my friends busted his wife by using that software, caught her in an online love affair.  They're now divorced.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 08:28:55 AM »
 :noid
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 09:29:35 AM »
go to
tools
options then
security
set a master password. iirc you cant delete or change anything without the master pswrd. I use it mainly at work to keep ppl from being ablee to log into certain sites using my login info but I "think" it will keep the kiddies from deleting any history. try it out and see if that works
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 09:31:24 AM »
I've been doing that through the router.  Occasionally I'll log into their computer and watch what they do. Usually just milling about but there is one that seems to seek out more trouble than I'm willing to allow.  Next step i think is a good key logger.
Yessir! Key logger works best in this situation, considering you have their computer if they're away for a few hours.
1.) Keeps everything they've done
2.) They never know it's there/you checked!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 12:26:56 PM »
http://www.specter-software.com/

One of my friends busted his wife by using that software, caught her in an online love affair.  They're now divorced.
If you put this on a computer say at work or home, would anyone know it was on? I got some gremlins here at work and I'm looking for a key logger or something similar, would this do the job?
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 01:14:50 PM »
also make sure you're not some overly paranoid crazy and controlling parent so that your children don't grow up to be serial killers or transsexuals.

also if they find a keylogger they will hate and disrespect you indefinitely. k thx.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 01:42:02 PM »
also make sure you're not some overly paranoid crazy and controlling parent so that your children don't grow up to be serial killers or transsexuals.

also if they find a keylogger they will hate and disrespect you indefinitely. k thx.
You've gotta throw it in a different folder, not the regular program files one. Throw it in a deep subfolder of Adobe etc...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com