Author Topic: Napalm Bombs Please  (Read 624 times)

Offline Rendar

• Copper Member
Napalm Bombs Please
« on: May 12, 2000, 10:15:00 PM »
I  have asked for this before, and I am asking for it again.  Since we have the F4U, we should have napalm bombs.  They would be great for killing half-tracks and panzers.

------------------
Rendar

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
Re: Napalm Bombs Please
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 07:20:04 PM »
+ 10 :O
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 09:08:50 PM »
Did napalm bombs even exist in WW2?

If so, no. They're useless against tanks and non-wood buildings. Not to mention the arse f***ing of the local FPS from the drop. If you drop napalm on a metal hangar, what do you accomplish? Heating up some metal? What if you drop it in town? You might get a decent hit, but bombs would still be more reliable.

Offline SQUAT!

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 09:28:40 PM »
Dude. napalm. +1  :aok

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 07:46:58 AM »
You dragged up a 13 year old thread to say "+10".

That's about as lame as asking for napalm!

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 09:47:56 AM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl Nice Fugi !  What would the smell of burning troops smell like ?  :cry :cry :cry BBQ  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 10:37:59 AM »

.    Because when I can fall asleep all I do is read and post at 2am
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 11:02:58 AM »
.    Because when I can fall asleep all I do is read and post at 2am

That's funny, the post says 8:20 PM. You have trouble reading clocks as well as pop up boxes that warn you when a thread is over old?

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 11:55:52 AM »
That's funny, the post says 8:20 PM. You have trouble reading clocks as well as pop up boxes that warn you when a thread is over old?
There is also a rule against creating multiple threads of the same subject. Just sayin'
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 12:53:28 PM »
Did napalm bombs even exist in WW2?

Yes. :aok
A pilot that I know who was with the 358TH fighter group said they used napalm a lot on tanks.
Thought it was strange instead of bombs until he explained why.
Napalm sucked all of the oxygen up & when it did tank crews essentially died of suffocation inside of the tank.

He said it was by far the most effective weapon they had on armour.

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 03:08:32 PM »

and you always tell people to do a search before bringing up new threads :salute
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 03:12:31 PM »
Time zone difference. It says 7:20 PM for me, and it was probably 2 in the morning for him, mainly because of the time zone differences we have here.

As for kicking a topic from 13 years ago it makes sense to do so instead of bringing up a new topic entirely. You do tell people to "search" before they wish, right?

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 03:40:33 PM »
I  have asked for this before, and I am asking for it again.  Since we have the F4U, we should have napalm bombs.  They would be great for killing half-tracks and panzers.

------------------
Rendar

This is an old thread, only "quoted" this so that we know what the topic is... since quite a few members here forget the topic  :P.

I think napalm would be a nice addition, the problem is... what would it's limit be and what would it do to the FR of everyone in the effected area?

Ex.  I drop napalm on.... Fugitive  :devil, He dies in his Tiger 2, BBQ.    So he re-ups, cursing my name all the way.  I either bail or land/re-arm, come back do it again.    Yes, no different than bombs.. however, if my understanding of napalm is accurate: It literally cooked the crew inside the tank, if they exited they were "eaten alive" so to speak, or cooked inside.  So... they are esentially an "absolute" against tanks.   

The problem with frame rates are, for me I have a absolute crappy computer got it back in 2002.  If AH had graphics improvements I wouldn't be able to play. 10-15 frames is AWESOME for me, while it would be sucky for most of you that have top-of-the-line computers, or recently upgraded computers.

Point being, if Napalm was added, how much of an environment effect would it do? Like in Farcry 3, does it devour the landscape? (Provoking the terrain to be re-done, I.E. destructible trees  :banana:, burning grass etc)  Or Just burn any plane/tank that it touches? 

Just my thought.

Respectively,

Tinkles

:salute
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 05:22:25 PM »
Personally, had I searched for this topic as it seems Zacherof did and when I tried to post to it and got the pop-up warning about the old thread I would have thought two things. First, that if we didn't have napalm added in the last 13 years it really isn't that good an idea. Or second, that I could start a new thread bring more information on "why" adding napalm would be a good idea. I'd also be able to link the the "old" thread to help with my argument for why we need it. Of course in this case that would be totally useless as the OP was the only post in the matter...... for 13 years.

Searching is a good thing, common sense is even better  :D

Offline lerxst

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 05:47:31 PM »
at least be able to drop it on troops trying to take a bese!oh i can here the screams while the lvt's, or jeep,or m3's run for threre lives..please include the sound of screaming troops something that sounds like bacon sizziling :aok