Author Topic: Aircraft Renter's Insurance  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Aircraft Renter's Insurance
« on: March 06, 2009, 03:24:25 PM »
I'm kinda new to the concept of aircraft renter's insurance, and no one around me has any suggestions, so I thought I would come here. Do any of you have an insurance policy for renting aircraft? And if so, what company do you have? Thank you!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Aircraft Renter's Insurance
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 03:57:35 PM »
I'm kinda new to the concept of aircraft renter's insurance, and no one around me has any suggestions, so I thought I would come here. Do any of you have an insurance policy for renting aircraft? And if so, what company do you have? Thank you!

i have mine through avemco. they were recommended by my flight club, and gave me a binder almost instantly.
 it's a pretty painless process online. i haven't had any incidents, so i don't know how they are to deal with otherwise.....ooooo.....and they were about $60 cheaper for better coverage than i was getting from a local insurance agent.

their site is www dot avemco dot com

i know you know to not spell out dot in the addy.  :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 04:43:28 PM »
i have mine through avemco. they were recommended by my flight club, and gave me a binder almost instantly.
 it's a pretty painless process online. i haven't had any incidents, so i don't know how they are to deal with otherwise.....ooooo.....and they were about $60 cheaper for better coverage than i was getting from a local insurance agent.

their site is www dot avemco dot com

i know you know to not spell out dot in the addy.  :D

lol. Thanks! What kind of info will I need in front of me when I fill it out? (I'm at work right now so I cannot look it over myself.)

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 07:57:31 PM »
They will probably want some basic info and numbers form your log book.  Was lucky enough that my flight schools had insurance that covered us included into the price.  Course now, the wife is involved so no flying for me.  Been like that for 7 years now.  Either have the money and no time to fly, or you have the time and no money.  Vicious, vicious circle.
treekilr in game.   
"Please. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..."

Offline Cougar68

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 08:14:52 PM »
I got mine through AOPA last year which ended up being AIG.   :O  It was the cheapest I was able to find.  The questionaire had things like total time, XC time as well as the same questions for only the past six months. 

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 01:37:19 AM »
If you are eligible the most affordable insurance is USAA and its also the best coverage money can buy.  :salute
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.