Author Topic: New patch seems to be a problem.  (Read 983 times)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
New patch seems to be a problem.
« on: August 10, 2009, 01:05:00 AM »
During FSO this Friday an entire squad disappeared with the white screen of death.  Followed by the
standard windows message that window was closing and would we like to send an error report. Others
also during FSO suffered the white screen at varying times.

We also had mass dumps during the Scenario.  Brooke noted the usuall was around 6 to 10.  We suffered many more
then that.  We also have suffered an unusual amount of discos as well when getting into the tower when entering
the game, the screen freezes or turns white.  Hard boots have to be done, restart the PC and enter again.
From discussions with others the white screen and lockups in the tower were a non issue to most before the latest
patch.  It happens in the MA as well as other arenas.  Friday night and Saturday afternoon however we sufferd mass
dumps at the same time in the SEA.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: New patch seems to be a problem.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 01:39:54 AM »
Hmmm & I thought it was just me.

Offline Hopper

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 04:26:05 AM »
For me it happens at the end of a sortie, returning to the tower screen (either death or landing, click end sortie get a flash of the tower poof white screen).  Happens alot in the DA, but I think that is because the sortie's are alot shorter.  Pretty regular the last few days.
Hopper

JG/11

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 04:50:11 AM »
had none of these WSOD's before patch 3.

seems to happen randomly whenever it feels like dumping you.  The odd thing for me is that others get it at exactly the same time resulting in multiple crashes   :noid
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 08:58:58 AM »
had none of these WSOD's before patch 3.

seems to happen randomly whenever it feels like dumping you.  The odd thing for me is that others get it at exactly the same time resulting in multiple crashes   :noid
Was in the training arena checking my new video cards & the screen froze up & had to reboot. I came back to the training arena & every one was gone so this must have happened to every one in there at that point in time as well.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 09:23:43 AM »
Nice job Hajo...I think you have announced your white screens pretty well...only place left was the General Discussion area, and now you got it covered.  :aok

Many white screens again in Scenario this fine saturday afternoon.  I know Fencer and I both suffered them.

Hajo

White screen also on routine patrol....no action.

Ok....how many white screened today during the scenario?  (Hajo holds his hand up yells AYE!)

<--Me!   White screen.  Windows shutdown sent error report.

Any others???
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 09:51:32 AM »
A great number of people just take it with a grain of salt.  A random occurance.  Since I participate in many arenas

it is hard to judge whether this is isolated, a problem with a new terrain such as in Coral Sea or our FSOs new terrain.

Polling participants in other arenas helps to distinguish whether this is an isolated problem.....or whether it is widespread within the game.

Only those that participate in Scenarios or FSOs usually check the boards in those topics.  You wouldn't know that since being a relative

newcomer to the game.

Welcome to Aces High.

- The Flying Circus -

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 10:04:21 AM »
Thanks for the information, Hajo I'll have to remember that. Didn't realize my use of common sense was way off, here I was thinking that technical problems would be posted and noted in one of the technical areas. Maybe just to be safe we should post these issues in the rest of the forums just to get the word out to people who don't understand the idea of "technical problems or bug reports" vs "general discussion or special events" forums.

You think maybe some people can't see the Technical Support or AH2 Bug Reports forums?
jarhed  

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 10:26:26 AM »
If they read them yes.  The greater balance of them use General Forums.  Always have since I've been here.

again....if you read what I posted I was polling.  The best way to get results is to inquire in different areas.

General Forums receives more hits daily then any topic on our boards.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've been here over ten years and know the routine and the habits of the community.

And you? 

Skuzzy may well move this.  Other members of AH have posted replies in this forum that didn't post in
other topics where I asked the same question and presented the same problem. Evidently as I stated before they've not
visited the other topics.

thanks for your help
Hajo
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 10:35:35 AM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline ET

• Copper Member
Q and W keys
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 10:40:59 AM »
Not working for me with new patch.
Can't move GVs

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Q and W keys
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 10:54:31 AM »
Can't move GVs

That's a bit vague - whats your specific problem? No movement when getting into gear and pushing stick? If yes, your may check if your stick settings, your mode 2 settings  may have been reset.

Or not getting into gear at all ? - check your key bindings - what do they say?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 11:05:09 AM »
You're right Hajo, "if they read them"... That's where people like yourself should lead the way, instigate common sense instead of chaos. It would be a lot easier for the HTC crew if people posted their issues where they belong. Instead of making the very people we are relying on to address our technical problems to waste time wading through multiple forums. If everyone used some common sense and posted their issues in the proper places and took the time to read what's already posted then add their issues to those existing posts, the problems would get addressed much faster.

What's really amazing is the fact that the HTC crew actually takes the time to address technical related threads started in the wrong areas.
jarhed  

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 11:25:07 AM »
Thanks for the information, Hajo I'll have to remember that. Didn't realize my use of common sense was way off, here I was thinking that technical problems would be posted and noted in one of the technical areas. Maybe just to be safe we should post these issues in the rest of the forums just to get the word out to people who don't understand the idea of "technical problems or bug reports" vs "general discussion or special events" forums.

You think maybe some people can't see the Technical Support or AH2 Bug Reports forums?

None of the other people responding to this post seemed to realize the gargantuan mistake they've made in responding to a post that YOU deem to be in an inappropriate place.

I'm sure they'll all thank you once they have read this and have  learned the error of their ways.

Might i suggest that you make your own post, pointing out the proper way and place for people to post in here.

I would recomend the wishlist.

I would like to thank you for your efforts in trying to keep these BBs a more efficient place for all.  :salute
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 11:27:47 AM by 1Boner »
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 11:34:33 AM »
None of the other people responding to this post seemed to realize the gargantuan mistake they've made in responding to a post that YOU deem to be in an inappropriate place.

I'm sure they'll all thank you once they have read this and have  learned the error of their ways.

Might i suggest that you make your own post, pointing out the proper way and place for people to post in here.

I would recomend the wishlist.

I would like to thank you for your efforts in trying to keep these BBs a more efficient place for all.  :salute

You're welcome...and that's the reason I posted the links to the "proper forums" in my second response...Just in case.  :aok
jarhed  

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 12:01:31 PM »
Was flying a 38L in FSO...got a PW from a Ki67, went bakc in for another run and must have got insta-killed, and WSOD'd.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com