Author Topic: Whats the Best Joystick out there?  (Read 10089 times)

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
Re: Whats the Best Joystick out there?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 04:22:52 AM »
What scaling, wouldn't it just have been easier to say I don't have any?

Yea, but when I do that it seems I get a lot of "what do you mean, no scaling?" questions.  Easier to just post the pictures, since they're already uploaded...
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 10:50:38 AM »
I'm happy with my G940. A few people here have it and so far I've just heard the one complaint about the rudder spiking. My rudder is fine. I have a modded Cougar that I haven't plugged in since I got the Logitech.

Mtnman why do you enable scaling when you don't use it?

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 01:52:52 PM »
Mtnman why do you enable scaling when you don't use it?

I've been wondering the same thing.  I've just always had it checked, but I suppose it doesn't need to be.  I don't see any difference one way or the other (probably because although it's enabled, I don't use it, hehe!)

Back when I started, I went through a faze where I experimented with scaling, thinking it would cure my bouncing nose issues.  I probably checked that box way back then, and just never unchecked it.

MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline onan

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 06:11:28 PM »

Back when I started, I went through a faze where I experimented with scaling, thinking it would cure my bouncing nose issues.

I get that "bouncing" all the time in all 3 axis.  Would a better joystick fix this ?
I got a low end logic3 stick when I first started 11months ago

KlunK

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009, 07:26:07 PM »
 I have the CH Fighterstick USB and the CH Propedals USB.Ive had em for over 10 years. Ive had to spray the stick contacts once in a hat switch and a wire broke going to the right toe brake in the rudders. Other than that,smooth sailing the entire time. :aok :rock
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline DZZ400

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 08:57:41 PM »
 :aok Thanks for all the input. It made my choice easier. I found a "SAITEK PS28 FLIGHT CONTROL SYSTEM X52 PC JOYSTICK NEW" on e-bay with shipping under $100. Other stores want $300-400 for the full 3 part set. I'll see if I need the foot controlls later. C-Ya in Aces High  :rock
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 09:21:30 PM by DZZ400 »

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 01:20:21 AM »
I have this old Saitek Cyborg Graphite. Nifty little thing, my brother gave it to me. Its probably in excess of 7 years old, and the only broken parts are the hat switch and the main trigger. Otherwise, it does its job  :aok
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 01:35:22 AM »
best joystick? 

CH  FTW!   haven't tried the new logitech set yet and probably won't as I don't have any need to improve upon perfection.

and Kermit you shoot bad because your a frog puppet get some man hands freak.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 03:44:59 AM »
I have used a "Logitech Extreme 3D Pro" no feedback and have had no problems with it. But I want to move up to using a 2 hand joystick + throttle controller like a "Logitech Flight System G940". Is it worth the steep price tag or is there something better. Your feed back would be appreciated and help me fly better on Aces High II.
Logitech 3D was the worst stick I ever had for a flight sim, so anything you get will be a step up. I recommend not to touch anything from Logitech. CH stuff is probably the best but I am not sure it is worth the price. Saitek is much lower quality than CH, but also much cheaper and gives better value for money - I had only 1 Saitek stick very long ago, so my experience with them is limited. It was good until it crocked 6 months later.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline stran

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 03:56:48 AM »
looking for a joystick without the twisty feature. are the ch sticks twisty?
Squash

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2009, 05:19:46 AM »
they have no twist function.  You will need pedals or some other rudder device.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline X-Ray

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2009, 07:35:13 AM »
I like g940.  I really like the force feedback from it as I play DCS Blackshark (full realism attack helicopter game) and being able to feed feedback, especially from trim, is really nice.  I have not had a problem with any problems at all and it even has the option to separate the throttle to make it 2 different throttles, which is really cool for games like microsoft flight sim or if you want separate throttle control in this game.

G940 is good but it is expensive ...  worth it if you can shell out the bucks :-)

Offline smedddd

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2009, 05:15:17 PM »
Just another data point:

Going on 2.5 years now with a X52 with no problems (not the Pro, just regular X52). I bought it after my Logiteck 3D pro died after 6 months of use.
Six months ago I went with the Saitek rudder pedals. It feels funny for about a week; but I wouldn't go back to a twisty ever.
Rudder pedals are beneficial for smoother maneuvers / control vice using a twisty stick which is also controling the other two axis.

I've never had a CH stick.

V/R and <S>, LTARjink

Offline sNiPeR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2009, 05:59:44 PM »
I have this old Saitek Cyborg Graphite. Nifty little thing, my brother gave it to me. Its probably in excess of 7 years old, and the only broken parts are the hat switch and the main trigger. Otherwise, it does its job  :aok

Both my Cyborgs main triggers broke also lol

Offline DZZ400

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2009, 03:54:59 AM »
Along with the Saitek X52, I should probably mention I have a set of the CH Pro Pedals, and they've worked great for several years.

This is what my scaling looks like....
Without your pic schematics I would be sending the Steak back to the manufacture.... :D  Thank You 4 your help.. :salute   Man this is the way to play ACES HIGH II :banana:

I still get a little shutter on my X & Y axes...is that normal? :huh