Author Topic: Selecting monitors  (Read 600 times)

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Selecting monitors
« on: January 01, 2010, 01:22:21 PM »
Is there a way to tell AH to run on the second (of two) monitors?  It runs on the primary, but I'd like to run it on the secondary.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
Re: Selecting monitors
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 01:44:24 PM »
If you use an Nvidia Video Card you should have an application called "nView Desktop manager".  Open that (from Control panel), hit 'Enable', go to the 'Applications' Tab, hit 'Add', find the 'aceshigh.exe', then OK, then 'Individual settings' then select 'Open Windows on select display': then choose the display you want.  That should be how, but I haven't messed with it in a long time.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 02:28:30 PM »
If you use an Nvidia Video Card you should have an application called "nView Desktop manager".  Open that (from Control panel), hit 'Enable', go to the 'Applications' Tab, hit 'Add', find the 'aceshigh.exe', then OK, then 'Individual settings' then select 'Open Windows on select display': then choose the display you want.  That should be how, but I haven't messed with it in a long time.

Excellent!  I'll give it a try.

Thanks!

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 10:02:35 AM »

No joy.  It starts to draw on the second monitor, but then it goes back to the primary display.  None of the nVidia settings will change its mind...

SCSI, any ideas, or is this something intentional on Dale's part?

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 10:37:23 AM »
I haven't messed with Dual-monitors in a while, so this is just me guessing and trying with mine (had to dig out an old 17")...

Right-Click on the desktop and go to properties, settings, Select Display 2 and hit "Use this device as my primary display".  The taskbar should stay on Display 1 even though it is no longer Primary, see if that gets AH to open on it.  Of course that leaves everything to open on it, one way around that is to go to the "windows" tab in the Desktop manager, and select "Open windows on Display 1".

I'm just throwing ideas out, hopefully Skuzzy or someone will have a real answer. :D
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline xStrato

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 10:57:01 AM »
I haven't messed with Dual-monitors in a while, so this is just me guessing and trying with mine (had to dig out an old 17")...

Right-Click on the desktop and go to properties, settings, Select Display 2 and hit "Use this device as my primary display".  The taskbar should stay on Display 1 even though it is no longer Primary, see if that gets AH to open on it.  Of course that leaves everything to open on it, one way around that is to go to the "windows" tab in the Desktop manager, and select "Open windows on Display 1".

I'm just throwing ideas out, hopefully Skuzzy or someone will have a real answer. :D

This info is great. Just want to add one thing. If the taskbar does move, you will have to right click on it and uncheck lock the taskbar. Once it is unlocked, you can move it to where you want it. When windows starts, you will see it start on your primary and then move to your secondary as your user settings are applied.

Full screen games are programmed to start on the primary monitory. Unless you can run the game in Window mode (new addition to wishlist) it has to run on the primary.

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 02:52:05 PM »
Unfortunately my goal is to leave the primary alone; I don't always have my notebook attached.

May be out of options.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 03:30:55 PM »
Not intentional on our part.  It is just how DirectX defaults to using the primary monitor.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 10:01:31 PM »
Not intentional on our part.  It is just how DirectX defaults to using the primary monitor.

How are you going to get this ported to a real operating system if you're still using that steaming pile of API?

:bolt:

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 06:21:27 AM »
Well, its either that steaming pile of an API, or its worse cousin.  At least DX is consistent.  Which version of the other one would you suggest choosing to support?  Linux?  NVidia?  ATI?  They are all different.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 11:13:27 AM »
Well, its either that steaming pile of an API, or its worse cousin.  At least DX is consistent.  Which version of the other one would you suggest choosing to support?  Linux?  NVidia?  ATI?  They are all different.

We're rapidly getting off topic, so I'll keep this short and sweet.

Step 1. Convert everything to EBCDIC...
(this is where you ask "which one?  They are all different...)

:D

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 11:16:29 AM »