Author Topic: Patch 3 and Discos  (Read 399 times)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Patch 3 and Discos
« on: March 16, 2010, 01:39:00 PM »
Ever since patch 3 I have been getting disconnected very frequently , gets to the point I just don't bother re-opening Aces High.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Patch 3 and Discos
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 02:00:28 PM »
The Internet is something we at HTC cannot control.  Like yourself, we can only effect the immediate connection to our servers from our ISP.

If you are getting a high number of discos, you do have some recourse.  There is a utility available (freeware version) from www.pingplotter.com named PingPlotter.

It shows all the routers your data must traverse in order to reach our servers.  Every router on the Internet is a potential source of problems.  PingPlotter can show if one, or more, of those routers is dropping packets which is the primary reason someone would be disconnected from our servers.  It needs an IP address to run to.  Use 206.16.60.38 and set the utility to run for 3, or more, minutes.  It is always best to do this immediately after a disco.

I believe it is the second column (PL%) which shows the packet loss.  The rest of the data is the amount of time each data packet takes to traverse that router.  If you need help reading or analyzing the information, you can save it as text and email it to me.

As a side note, we happen to be doing all these releases/patches during Spring break.  The Internet is always a mess during Spring break.  It happens without fail, every year.

That also does not mean there could be an issue in the game exacerbating the problem.  However, I have been playing everyday and so far, I have yet to be booted from the arena.  This just means the client seems to be performing to parameters.  If the client was the issue, it would happening to 100% of the players.  At least, that is what logic would dictate.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 02:04:41 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 01:17:56 PM »
Skuzzy, I have been having the same problem too, I just pinged the server and I get a perfectly normal 50. I havent discoed in MONTHS before this patch, now I have discoed 3-5 times in 2 days with the new patch.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 01:33:57 PM »
The ping does not mean much.  You need to run Ping Plotter for a few minutes.

Right now, it is virtually impossible to separate any type of network problem with the game from Internet related problems due to Spring break.  It happens every year.

We just happen to pick the wrong week to be doing all this.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com