Author Topic: Thrustmaster Elite Rudder Pedals  (Read 2123 times)

Offline NHFoxtro

• Copper Member
Thrustmaster Elite Rudder Pedals
« on: December 13, 2000, 12:12:00 PM »
 I can't get these Rudder Pedals to work with my Procision Pro. Joystick. This Joystick has rudder pedal control in the Handle. Maybe thats my Proplem.

The Pedals came with a port for my Joystick to plug into and a plug to go into the Game port all on the same wire. I tried them this way, and then hooked them both up seperatly. ( one in the game port and one with the USB
connector.)Still didn't work,but Rudder pedals still work on Handle .
Also could not find any were under Game controlers in the Control Panel to Calibrate the Rudder Pedals or in Aces High as well.

Someone HELP PLEASE!!! I'm running out of Ideas.      

------------------
NHFoxtro
-XO-NightHawks

[This message has been edited by NHFoxtro (edited 12-13-2000).]

Offline xmab

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2000, 01:11:00 PM »
I do not believe that you can get the TM Elite Pedals to work with the MS PP joystick.

The only solution I know of is to use the Hoffman-simped vario rudder pedals. They are designed specificlly to work with the MS PP joystick. These pedals are smooth and very well made. However they are quite expensive, about $150 with the appropriate adapters.

HTH and good luck,

xmab
THE MOL

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2000, 01:26:00 PM »
i am having the same problem trying to use ch pro pedals with my ms sidewinder pro - the directions on initiating the driver are simple but when i run them it just wont recognize the pedals. if i try to change any of the sidewinder settings it sz that there is no power to the joystick - i can see that it is plugged in and also there is a little green light that flashes if it is unplugged and it is solid-

did you try going to settings, control panel, game controllers and then trying to add? you have to check the rudder box and then select a joystick (generic if yours doesnt show) - it might work for you but it didnt for me - please let me know if you get it working - prob the same problem as mine-

[This message has been edited by mrfish (edited 12-13-2000).]

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2000, 01:36:00 PM »
ok - i just researched my own problem and have an answer i believe - it may be yours too-

the products are different but....the ch pedals wont work with a digital joystick, it has to be analog -  my force feedback sidewinder is digital - good luck

Offline NHFoxtro

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2000, 01:59:00 PM »
I just got off the phone with Thrustmaster after a 20 minute wait and this product will not work with any Joystick of Microsoft. Nothing thats USB or with Rudder Pedals in the Handle. This feature can not be disabled.

These Pedals will work fine for any other Joystick that does not have Rudder Capabilities and just a plug for the Game Port. So if Anybody can Use them I'm selling them cheap. They are a year old in the box just opened up yesturday. $ 65.00 + S/H

Offline DRILL

• Copper Member
      • http://www.457thbgh.com
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2000, 04:38:00 PM »
 ok lets see did you in your game port set up enable rudder peadles ?? if not go to joysticks deleat it reinstall follow directins and put a check mark in the little box for rudders to enable it if you have not done this find me on line n ill walk you tho it on RW

------------------
DRILL                     457th BG (H)
Drill /384th FA/CH 364th

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2000, 05:10:00 PM »
Your joystick USB and your pedals gameport with work in AH ,, CFS2,,  FS2000 or Fly2K or MigAlly . Games that let you have more than one controler at the same time .

Plug your stick into the USB port . Plug your pedals into the gameport . Get them both working ok in game controlers ,,,,,only they will be separte .

Then in AH go to setup , joystick , select joystick , and setup BOTH your controlers .

Tells you more on the AH website in help section .  

This will work in AH , I used it for quite some time before buy a Saitek rig .

DRILL the isn't any check box that will "enable rudder pedals" with a PrePro joystick . It has it's own separte driver . Hoffman gets his to work with a adapter like xmab said , they will work in any games and are very well made . But they do cost lots and come from Germany , like it was 37 USD to Michigan  

gl spro
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline Downtown

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2000, 07:35:00 PM »
I have a Logitech Wingman Force Feedback USB Joystick and Thrustmaster Elite Rudders.

The rudder pedals didn't work until on downloaded the latest driver from the logitech website.

------------------
"Looks Mean as Hell! Clare Lee Chenault.

When?
"Downtown" Lincoln Brown.

Offline Suave1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2000, 10:51:00 PM »
I use gameport thrustmaster elite rudder pedals with microsoft usb precision pro and they work fine . I don't know why the people at TM fed you that bs .

Offline NHFoxtro

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2000, 07:31:00 AM »
Thanks everybody for your helpful instuctions,I will try again.

Suave1, TM told me since the Precission Pro joystick has rudder Pedals built into the handle allready that it was not compatible with there Rudder Pedals, because you can't over ride them. Can you tell me what you did to get them to work fine together it would help.

Offline Suave1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2000, 09:33:00 AM »
Don't plug your ms stick into the pedals, plug it into a USB port . Plug your old joystick into the pedals and set it up and calibrated it in windows with the rudder pedals . Then in AH, assign the Y(pitch) and X(roll) axis to your MS stick . Assign Z axis to what ever you're using for throttle . If your old joystick has a throttle on it assign rudder controll to the Rz axis of your old stick. If your old stick doesn't have a throttle, assign rudder controll to the Z axis of your old joystick .

Offline NHFoxtro

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2000, 10:26:00 AM »
Suave, What if the only Joystick I have is the MS ? Am I screwed?

Offline Suave1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2000, 06:07:00 PM »
you can't some crappy el cheapo stick from anyone ?

Offline DrSoya

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2000, 06:15:00 PM »
Bob Church of StickWorks has utilities of different uses for joysticks. I'm using a driver of his that replaces the input from my X36USB's rudder thingie with the input from any external pedals. I'm using USB pedals myself, but instructions for using gameport rudders with the X36USB speak of a bogus joystick driver for use with gameport rudder pedals, without the use of a gameport joystick. The set of utilities permitting that is called JOYREGS. Check it out in the Files section of Bob's web site. Here is the description for JOYREGS:

JOYREGS.ZIP contains some experimental files that allow you to configure a set of rudder pedals, a throttle, or a combination of the two as a second joystick in W95/W98. These can be used in some games that recognize multiple joysticks to allow the use of separate analog throttle and rudder pedals, etc. with USB and other 'digital' joysticks. Also included is a small utility, JoyClick, that lets you simulate a button-click in the Control Panel calibration routines for devices that have no buttons (a lone set of rudder pedals, for instance). To install, create a new directory for the files and unZIP into that. There's a DOC file in the ZIP that tells what it will and won't do, how to set it up, etc. PLEASE read the DOC file before you try to use any of the REG files or the JoyClick utility. This won't work everywhere and may take some tinkering to get things running correctly. If you use the files, be sure to copy the JOYCLICK.VXD file (in the ZIP) to your \Windows\System directory. (116,494 Bytes)

Maybe it could be helpful?

------------------
DrSoya
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF
Part of the Northolt Wing (First Polish Fighter Wing)

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2000, 07:03:00 PM »
Joyclick works , airreapr uses it .
My current Ace's High handle is spro