Author Topic: Connection problems  (Read 716 times)

Offline imanoob

• Zinc Member
Connection problems
« on: July 17, 2010, 12:48:57 PM »
The arena i was playing in last night worked flawlessly, but when i got on today, it was the same arena, but the "war" was won by the opposing force, so the terrain was going to be reset, so a minute before it was to be reset, i got a message saying i was disconnected from the host server, and since then, about 30 minutes ago, every time i start a new game on any arena i get the same message and the game closes. Why is this? My internet is connected just fine.  :mad:

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Connection problems
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 01:16:31 PM »
I am not certain, if the boot from the game is the culprit, as you seem to be relaying.  However, a couple of things that you could try that might help.  You can defrag the Aces High folder.  You can re install the game.  On a re install, I suggest that you find out which config files that you should save, to avoid programing your joystick and plane views all over.

Offline doomed

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 06:16:06 PM »
i am having the same problem as of about 3 weeks ago. Host connection lost. Ive had the cable guy out 2 times and both times i have 0 problems on my end 20meg connection ive taken my brand new computer to geek squad and had diagnostic ran no problem ive uninstalled and reinstalled game no luck.

Its happining so much i cant play hardely unless i want 400 deaths due to disco.  Lots of people seem to have this issue too is there something going on?  The ISP tech came out today and says its htc server booting me.  Why oh why?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 07:37:36 PM »
google pingplotter and download the free version of the program. Then after installing it type in the address for the game servers at 206.16.60.39 run pingplotter pinging that address every few seconds for about 5-10 minutes. If you see packet loss in any hop, thats bad. Ping times sure be fairly close, not one at 45ms then the next at 500ms for the same hop.

If your unsure what your looking at, take a screen shot and post the picture here. Some times the internet can get some heavy traffic and your connection will suffer and there is nothing HTC can do about that.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 10:59:36 PM »
Well, I am once again on the bad-connection wagon as well. Same as last time. I know it's Qwest's "delusion of service", as it has happened earlier this summer, and without explanation they "fixed" the problem after we collectively proved to them there was a problem. Some of my relatives live just yards away from me and are on the same provider. Waiting to find out if they are having issues as well.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 06:01:45 AM »
Ok, I am getting old and that image looks really tiny and blurry, but no packet loss appears and the latencies do not look bad either.

What is your particular problem thndregg?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 07:51:51 AM »
Ok, I am getting old and that image looks really tiny and blurry, but no packet loss appears and the latencies do not look bad either.

What is your particular problem thndregg?

I apologize. This just started last night around 8pm MDT for me. This can be confirmed by a number of Bish who were in my posted Jug mission in LWOrange, saying my vox was breaking up. Prior to this, I was kicked off twice in a five minute time span. It is a recurrence of an old isssue with Qwest's DSL- the same crap that happened earlier this spring, and it was not just an isolated incident. My mom, brother & sister all live within yards of me and have the same service, and the same issues. Previously it took them to complain with me to get Qwest off thier collective butt and remedy the problem.

Qwest ultimately never explained what the problem was- only that our PC's and modems were fine. After the issue was raised with them, we logged onto the internet later in the day, and *poof*!!, we magically find it's working wonderfully. :uhoh

Now, it appears that same problem-whatever it is- is back. I'm sure it's nothing to do with my end, or HTC's end- like before. My original point, although poorly conveyed was that trace routes help, or some visual representation of one's connection. As someone mentioned earlier, Pingplotter helps. :)

This is an hour-long sample.

Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline doomed

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 06:54:17 PM »
i am not having pacet lose either and not losing connection to internet only to AH server.  Is or could this be heat related due to the extream heat?  Have had IT guys out and connection lose is not on my side.  Very frustrating too that when i take a 262 up i will most l likely lose it and the points lol.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 06:57:28 PM »
Could be a hundred things.  Anti-virus software of file security software is always my go-to problem causer in  these types of issues, but heat certainly could cause it.

Basically it usually ends up being some type of conflict in the computer between the game and the other software running (background or otherwise).  Or it could also be corruption in the game 'settings' folder causing it.  Once an abnormal crash ofthe game occurs, I, generally, recommend renaming the 'settings' folder and see if the problem goes away.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 09:58:22 AM »
I had incorrect sound drivers cause this issue once.  Sounds worked fine but AH would just close at random times...

Offline doomed

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 05:03:32 PM »
the AH server keeps kicking me out for last 3 or 4 weeks something is messed up.   host connection lost all the time

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 05:06:05 PM »
The server does not kick you out.  The game on your computer sees it cannot talk to the server anymore so it drops back to the dekstop.

The first place to start is PingPlotter (run to 206.16.60.38) and see if there is a problem between you and the server.
--

Doomed, I just ran a trace back to your IP address and there appears to be a router flap (router doing a circular route) in XO.net's network which would cause you stability problems.  You need to get your ISP involved in this.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 05:08:25 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline doomed

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 07:03:21 PM »
ok ill see what i can do . not even sure how to resolve that.

Offline doomed

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 07:21:36 PM »
just talked to ISP again there sending someone out for the umteenth time but dont look good for me and AH i guess.  There tech support has no idea about the router going in circles and im sure the guy comming out wont either lol.

Oh well thanks for the help

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2010, 06:42:31 AM »
The local guy is not going to solve your problem.  You have to get to a Tier 1 support person because the connection issues are with the ISP's ISP.

You will not be able to get a Tier 1 type support person unless you can prove there is a problem.  Use PingPlotter to get your data together or they will blow you off.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese