Author Topic: brewster default skin has a swastika?  (Read 1676 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
brewster default skin has a swastika?
« on: October 30, 2010, 03:37:27 AM »
correct me if I am wrong but isnt that a swastika on the brewster default skin?  I thought it wasnt allowed.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: brewster default skin has a swastika?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 03:53:31 AM »
it the finnish one not the nazi one

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 11:53:56 AM »
The swastika is such an ancient worldwide symbol, it dates from the neolithic period, it's really a shame to keep it associated with Nazism. The Finns adopted it in 1918 and their air force still uses it but not as an aircraft marking.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 07:29:55 PM »
I researched after making the post, found the same thing you guys did, but i was tired and went to sleep. I was actually surprised since i only noticed it when I looked at a con off my wing and I  bet most people that look at it, will think it is a nazi swastika.  I gotta say it it surprised the heck out of me.  first time i ever flew the brewster and it will be the last.  talking about easy mode and this is from a guy that mostly flies the spit8 :rofl.

I found this in a website:

The Swastika Emblem of the Finnish AF 1918-45
It is important to understand that the swastika emblem of the early Finnish Air Force has nothing to do with the Nazi Germany. The swastika was the symbol of good fortune used by the Swedish Count Eric von Rosen who during the Finnish Civil War presented to the Finnish White Army its first aircraft on March 6th, 1918. The swastika was painted on the upper side and under side of the wings of the Thulin Parasol he brought from Sweden. The symbol was adopted by the Finnish Air Force to honor him.

semp

more edits:  I gotta say that looking into the swastika, I was amazed and how widespread use it had during the past 5 or 6k years.  I mean it was used just about in every continent as a good luck symbol.  The things you learn when you are willing to spend 5 minutes on the internet.  of course you gotta be able to tell the bs from the informative too.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 07:40:40 PM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 02:31:33 AM »
After reading Wiki about the svastika emblem and its history it seems Hitler and company screwed their own karmic pooch. If the world tells you for 3000 years that something is good for you, it only takes one clown stupid enough to prove why leaving it a good thing is the safest way to deal with it. He had to go and piss it off.

Just dosen't pay to tug on O'l supermans cape now does it? Think maybe all them old religious guys knew something........... :noid
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 03:32:58 PM »
Even some pre-World War II US Army unit patches featured a swastika.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 02:54:08 PM »

ack-ack

Our local National Guard unit, the Thunderbirds used to use it as a unit symbol as it was an indian symbol for the thunderbird, a giant mythical predatory bird.  Now they use a different thunderbird symbol.  That damn Hitler ruined a lot of stuff, the narrow mustache used dto be pretty popular too...
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 03:15:28 PM »
Our local National Guard unit, the Thunderbirds used to use it as a unit symbol as it was an indian symbol for the thunderbird, a giant mythical predatory bird.  Now they use a different thunderbird symbol.  That damn Hitler ruined a lot of stuff, the narrow mustache used dto be pretty popular too...

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 03:41:37 PM »

Yeh,

http://anspi.club.officelive.com/AmericanMilitarySwastikaPatches.aspx

From that link, USAAC P-12 fighter with a swastika marking:
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 03:48:14 PM »
I know a skin in this game on a certain plane it has a r rated pic < kids i suggest u dont loook at it
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 04:15:15 PM »
correct me if I am wrong but isnt that a swastika on the brewster default skin?  I thought it wasnt allowed.

(Image removed from quote.)

semp

Been around longer than the Brewster has and you're just noticing this?
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 04:33:55 PM »
Don't tell him about the 109s we have that have it!
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 05:12:43 PM »
there is a very old pub called the  Three pigeons in my town it used to a railway station when railways were invented in Britain, in the toilet floors in this pub are covered in swastikas :old: funny to see when your having a dump :old:

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
      • http://virtuallyinfamous.webs.com
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 05:16:29 PM »
 At the end o the day to me a Swastika is just 2 S's Positioned at 90 degree angles to each other. And the Nazi Party Played a Copy right Theft from historical depictions.

It was used in Roman Times

Egyption Times

Mayan History

And so forth. Scertain people have also used it as a symbol of death. Hense why i think Hitler adoped it to the Nazi Party Flags as a sign of Out With The Old And In With The New. It is only now it is viewed as a symbol of Death or Devil or unholy acts.

Please correct me if im wrong :)
You Don't See Me But You Hear Me Coming Then Darkness

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 05:52:40 PM »
the cross on the brewsters is called the Von Rossen cross named after a swedish count who flew in ww1 I belive, as stated before, it was around much longer then hitler and his lot
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...