Author Topic: a new stick  (Read 961 times)

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
a new stick
« on: January 22, 2011, 12:08:48 AM »
well im finally gonna do it
using a joystick. first one and i only have $45.05 to spend on one. reccomendations?

Offline 68valu

• Nickel Member
Re: a new stick
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 12:30:02 PM »
using a joystick. first one and i only have $45.05 to spend on one. reccomendations?

Logitech extreme 3d pro is a good starter stick. Twist element for rudder and throttle control with enough buttons to use.
Flying since tour 84

Offline redwing7

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 02:32:31 PM »
The Saitek290 I believe is about $25, it's a twisty and not bad for that price.
THUNDER MOB

"and when they bury me, may it be face down...so all my critics can kiss my ass!"  Bobby Knight

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 03:12:22 PM »
i have some old rudder peds in the attic so something other than a twisty stick would be nice

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 03:28:28 PM »
i have some old rudder peds in the attic so something other than a twisty stick would be nice

would you be interested in a CH USB Fighter Stick ?

if so shoot me a PM

I have one extra one left
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 04:21:23 PM »
I've heard THIS ONE is decent:

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 05:01:14 PM »
Tiger

that is the set up I am using now with ch pedals and I have had no problems with it, The only thing tho that if you reinstall aces at anytime you will have to redo the stick set up cause it is not pre mapped for this game other then that I think it is a decent stick set up for the price I left my saitek cyborg x and moved to thrustmaster, when i use the rudder pedal set up I do not program anything for the twist section of the stick or the slider button on the throttle (gray section) has more then enough buttons i think but it gets the job done and i have it set for vehicles and another one for fighters going to sit down and map it out for buffs at another time.

Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 05:03:37 PM »
Tiger

that is the set up I am using now with ch pedals and I have had no problems with it, The only thing tho that if you reinstall aces at anytime you will have to redo the stick set up cause it is not pre mapped for this game other then that I think it is a decent stick set up for the price I left my saitek cyborg x and moved to thrustmaster, when i use the rudder pedal set up I do not program anything for the twist section of the stick or the slider button on the throttle (gray section) has more then enough buttons i think but it gets the job done and i have it set for vehicles and another one for fighters going to sit down and map it out for buffs at another time.

When re-installing make a copy of settings folder. Makes it quite easy.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 08:54:02 AM »
Saitek Aviator, dual throttles, more buttons and switch's than the ST-290, should last longer than the Logicrap.

Or ebay and watch for MS Sidewinder Prec 2 USB. Should sell for 25 - 35$ new or lightly used.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 12:07:57 PM »
Personally I'd take TC up on his very kind offer - CH stick for $45? Awesome!!

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 12:25:01 PM »
ok well i talked to TC and weve worked some stuff out but not all of it. gonna work the rest out later

Offline DeadStik

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 01:07:50 PM »
Logitech extreme 3d pro is a good starter stick. Twist element for rudder and throttle control with enough buttons to use.

This is what I've used for years. Reliable and with excellent buttons for view commands.
Dedstick

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 01:35:35 PM »
Personally I'd take TC up on his very kind offer - CH stick for $45? Awesome!!

Wurzel

Heya Wurzel,
skorpion got him a different stick from a local electronicws store....I'll let him fill in the details about it if he wishes..... I wanted to make sure he understodd some people have issues with comfort and the FighterStick  handle/grip and for younger people or people with smaller hands...they might not be to thrilled with a CH Fighter Stick or Combat Stick....

anyways... since he was short on funds I dropped the price to $40.00 and told him I would help and cover the shipping cost since he is lets just say under the age of an adult...... and I wanted to help him the best I could

so now, I will offer the same price to anyone else, that I offered Skorpion....... CH F16 FighterStick USB ( no broken seals or pads removed, nver been opened...... just been stored on top shelf in a closet ) works perfectly, no slack, all hats, buttons, triggers perform like new, no marks, no scratches etc....

(1) CH F16 FighterStick USB  for $40.00 + buyer pays  any/all shipping cost

I just sent Drano a CH Fighter Stick and USB Throttle  2 day  US Priority Mail and the cost on both was only $10.25 to give anyone interested an idea of the shipping cost ( that was from NC to Delaware )

shoot me a PM if interested in this CH Fighter Stick.....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 06:05:20 PM »
TC, if I had the cash, I"d be in like flynn bud - can always use a backup stick. Unfortunately, lack of funds prevents this from happening.

Good luck to whoever grabs that one, you'll be amazed how good CH sticks are (imo)

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 09:53:07 PM »
someone else wanted the stick...... is going to a new home as of right now....... ( pending the STUFF/transfering/etc...)

if anything falls through, I will put it back on these classifieds.....

:cheers: all

TC