Author Topic: FML  (Read 1099 times)

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
Re: FML
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 11:21:35 PM »
*sigh* you obviously didn't read the entire post.

Too much text?

If they would quit fighting each other they could do so much. There are all kinds of resources they could use to better their community.

I've sent supplies to places like that, I've gone and handed out the supplies.

Yes not every area can blame things like that and just have a bet all around set up, but damn.

Just as they need the water to live, in modern society one needs funding. Without that funding you lose all the precious stuff.
If you're homeless they don't want you in a park, water fountains become hard to find.
I mean I could go down the list.

(bet was supposed to be "Better")

Edited to keep people from going  :eek:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 12:27:04 AM by MarineUS »
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 11:56:15 PM »
Damn man that is just awful that you had that money & didn't realize it, like someone else said at least try contacting them, I highly doubt they'll still let you collect but it's worth a try, try mentioning your a U.S service member, might help.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 12:26:25 AM »
oh i realized it as soon as I saw it, the candy had expired though (I didn't know) and I was like  :O :O :O :O :O
*check for contest info* - F*** it ended December 31st 2010!
CRAP!  :furious :bhead :furious :bhead :furious :bhead
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 01:40:22 AM »
oh i realized it as soon as I saw it, the candy had expired though (I didn't know) and I was like  :O :O :O :O :O
*check for contest info* - F*** it ended December 31st 2010!
CRAP!  :furious :bhead :furious :bhead :furious :bhead

Even though the contest may have ended, there may be an extended time allowed to claim the prize.  After doing some research it says "After 1/31/11 For a list of winner contact such-and-such" so maybe the 12/31 deadline included the grace period.

Still, it can't hurt to ask!

Now it sounds as if you've been through a lot and I hope you've learned some very serious lessons from your mistakes, even if you had to learn it the hard way but still MAKE SURE YOU LEARN FROM THEM!  With that being said:

1> If the check truly was counterfeit and your account closed as a result, then any money left in the account should have been returned to you.  The bank has no legal right to keep your money.  Contact a lawyer about this.
2> I'm sorry to hear about your car.. that's never a fun predicament to be in.
3> I'm sorry to hear about your truck.  You can pursue legal action against your friend if the accident was his/her fault.  If not, then you should go after the other driver's insurance company for the repairs (and if they don't have insurance pursue legal action against them).  I know it may not be fun to have to sue a good friend, but really if they were truly a good friend they would try to make things right with you so it shouldn't have to resort to those matters.  If you do end up having to sue your friend, then maybe he/she wasn't as good of a friend as you thought.
4> That's a tough thing to go through and I am very proud to know that you had decided to keep it.  Granted, it sucks about the miscarriage but unfortunately these things do happen.  Maybe you can look at this as more of a "dodging the bullet" sort of thing.  Not trying to sound rude, but think of it.. at least now you have the opportunity to wait until you're married and more financially stable before bringing a child into this world.  Sometimes that can make all of the difference in the world!

As far as the $23,000 medical bill, well all I can say is it's only money.  I know it's a tough attitude to accept when you don't have any, but really... it's not like they can throw you in jail for owing money to people.  I ended up having to go through a bankruptcy about 3 1/2 years ago due to losing jobs and not being able to keep up with the (now ex) wife's $140,000 in debt - mostly medical debt, but I can say that it took them years before beginning legal action.  It was actually only a few months before their statute of limitations was up before they formally filed lawsuits against us for the money in which case we had no choice but to file bankruptcy... but it's not the end of the world, and it's far from being a life destroying event.  Three months after the debt was discharged through the BK, we were actually able to buy a low mileage 3 year old car with a 48 month loan at only 8.9%!  That's not too shabby if you ask me.

I know it seems like a lot of weight on your shoulders but really... all you can do is to learn from your past and do the best you can do and get on with life.  Things will work out you just have to make the best out of them.

For the record $10,000 really isn't all that much money.  By the time you paid taxes and all it's really more like $5000 and that's so easy to go through it's not even funny.  In the long term scheme of things, winning money is nothing more than a band-aid.  After my (ex) left me I took the what was left of our savings out of our joint bank account and blew it in Vegas over the weekend.  It was a blast, and I sure wasn't going to let her get her hands on it!

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 05:47:43 AM »
You know what Trigger may be right, you still might be able to collect, now it says the contest ends Dec 31st 2010, now that might just mean that Starburst was gonna stop producing the packages eligible to win the prize on that date, not that you have to collect by that date, definitely contact them soon, and lets us know what they say. 
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 07:43:58 AM »
oh man I sure hope so....that would absolutely make my day/month/year. Would be GREAT to get before the deployment.
Even if it ended up being just $1000 it would be enough to get the ball rolling and get everything fixed. :)

I will def. keep you guys posted.

and about the baby, yeah that's how I saw it. I told her that we weren't financially stable and she needed to finish school so we can give the kids stuff that her and I never got.

I know not all you guys n gals are religious but I told her, "God needed a baby Marine to guard the gates of Heaven." and that seemed to really cheer her up. It was a super-sperm according to the doctor. He bypassed her IUD (almost impossible), swam UP her tube TO the ovary, where he planted a flag on top of the egg like he was on mount Surabachi.

The doctor said he has never seen one do that, and last that long. It was nice being able to hear the heartbeat and stuff....was pretty crazy. Felt like a dream.

HiTech