Author Topic: Marlboro Ranch  (Read 11977 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Marlboro Ranch
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 10:53:38 AM »
LOL, when I first saw this thread, I was wondering how long it would be before someone would invade it with an anti smoking tirade.

As for above, many don't smoke and as long as the non-smokers do not have to pay premiums for smokers to smoke. I see no reason why they can't.

As long as you didn't have to put your health at risk to go.... looks nice.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 11:18:35 AM »
The only thing I like about Michale Moore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB286VdOkCM
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 11:40:07 AM »
The only thing I like about Michale Moore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB286VdOkCM

Good For You

noone ever held a gun to anyone's head and forced them to smoke

noone ever held a gun to a persons head and told them to stand beside a person smoking and inhale 2nd hand smoke

and all our parents told us that smoking was bad for us from our early childhood years

it is so freaking hilarious to see this stuff, when all the OP wanted to do was share his vacation pictures

as far as smoking goes...some people smoke til they are 90+ years old and have no problems , while others smoke and may get cancer..... if smoking caused cancer than every single individual that smoked, would get cancer....

cancer is in the genes, it is hereditary....... same goes for people who get cancer from being in the sun.... some do, some don't.....

yet, I can go to a football game and watch drunks get totally wasted and watch policemen look and let these people drive home, yet I am told to walk to the parkinglot to smoke a cigarette.....
who is going to kill who first?

a drunk driver or a person smoking....... it is all in who controls who, I guess

looks like you had a great time, mcboi

notice: I never mentioned emphysema
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 11:42:22 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline mcboi

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 11:46:41 AM »
Good For You

noone ever held a gun to anyone's head and forced them to smoke

noone ever held a gun to a persons head and told them to stand beside a person smoking and inhale 2nd hand smoke

and all our parents told us that smoking was bad for us from our early childhood years

it is so freaking hilarious to see this stuff, when all the OP wanted to do was share his vacation pictures

as far as smoking goes...some people smoke til they are 90+ years old and have no problems , while others smoke and may get cancer..... if smoking caused cancer than every single individual that smoked, would get cancer....

cancer is in the genes, it is hereditary....... same goes for people who get cancer from being in the sun.... some do, some don't.....

yet, I can go to a football game and watch drunks get totally wasted and watch policemen look and let these people drive home, yet I am told to walk to the parkinglot to smoke a cigarette.....
who is going to kill who first?

a drunk driver or a person smoking....... it is all in who controls who, I guess

looks like you had a great time, mcboi

notice: I never mentioned emphysema

I truly did have a blast regardless of what anyone has to say. I think our day and age obesity is way more of a problem than smoking ever was, but hey McD's can still sell that double cheeseburger for $.99 and no one is picketing outside their restaurants. Plus ive won tons of things from the Marlboro company, i dont think ive ever seen healthy choice, or campbells sending ppl on an amazing trip....... just sayin

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 01:11:34 PM »
Hey TC....

Not everyone jumping off a cliff dies.  So when will you be jumping off a cliff? :D  haha j/k .... but you see my point.

Cancer is somewhat hereditary. You can do things to help improve your chances and you can just throw all knowledge to the wind.

The OP posted about a trip (not vacation) he took at a tobacco company's expense, or so it would seem. Only time will tell.

The pictures looked like fun was had by all. The scenery was great. Glad you enjoyed it!!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 02:30:02 PM »
i smoked for exactly 1 week back in highschool. i then spent that entire weekend being sick. needless to say, smoking isn't for me. what other choose to do though.......have at it.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 04:03:32 PM »
First off let me state that I smoked for about 20 years.  I quit cold-turkey right at two years ago.

But here's my take on smoking:

People need to either leave it alone, or they need to ban tobacco altogether.  PERIOD.  They are trying to have their cake and eat it too by keeping smoking legal (and receiving huge amounts of taxes on the sale of tobacco) but yet making it illegal in most places at the same time.  This doesn't work and opens a whole other can of worms.

No one is arguing that smoking isn't harmful... and no one is pretending to not know the health risks they take by smoking.  To be honest, I've put on 50 lbs since I quit smoking and while I do breathe easier I feel less healthy now compared to when I did smoke, but that's just a matter of me getting off of my blubber butt and doing something about it.

Which brings up another subject.  Someone stated that "as long as they don't have to pay for others to smoke, then they have no problems with it"... well according to some people non-smokers *DO* pay for smokers to smoke in the way of higher insurance premiums and more expensive healthcare.  Personally, I haven't seen the statistics (for what they are worth) and don't know enough to decide whether this is the case or not, but simply logic dictates this:  Based on that statement, you could also take the opposite to be true, "I would be against smoking if I had to pay more because of it".  Correct?  And from that you could extrapolate, "I would be against fast food if I had to pay more because of it".  Right?  I mean, Fast Food is a big reason for obesity in this country, and non-obese people have to pay more in insurance premiums and health case costs because of it, right?

So now no one is able to enjoy cigarettes -OR- hamburgers.  So what's next?  Let's ban MP3 players!  After all, earbuds promote hearing loss... doesn't that raise healthcare costs all across the board?  Also deaf people get extra tax breaks that we all have to make up for, right?

This all boils down to being on a slippery slope and I can't really go any deeper down the rabbit hole without turning this into a political discussion, but I think you've got the idea here.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2011, 04:27:18 PM »
You'll have to take down some of those pictures since they don't show anyone smoking in some of them.  The ones where everyone has a smoke are cool though.  Makes me want to go out and spend a lot of money on those sweet sweet sticks of lingering death.

Really, it does.  Can't have fun skiing without a marlboro in your hand!

I ought to send my Mom up there.  She has moderate smoking-induced emphysema and is addicted so bad she can't quit, but maybe the clean air up at the ranch will let her keep smoking a few more years before her lungs quit functioning completely.  We're looking forward to having to sell the house to pay her continuing medical care, stuff like supplemental oxygen, special beds, allergy treatment stuff since a good allergy attack would probably kill her, etc., but a smoking ranch, that would be just the thing.

I couldn't have said it better myself.  :salute

-Penguin

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2011, 04:36:58 PM »
Great pics! looks like alot of fun,thanks for sharing :rock

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2011, 05:19:19 PM »
So now no one is able to enjoy cigarettes -OR- hamburgers.  So what's next?  Let's ban MP3 players!  After all, earbuds promote hearing loss... doesn't that raise healthcare costs all across the board?  Also deaf people get extra tax breaks that we all have to make up for, right

It could go way farther. If you are promiscuous you are at greater risk of certain diseases, if you ride a motorcycle you are at greater risk for head trauma, hell if you are athletic you are at greater risk for sports injuries, and good lord what if you ski or surf or rock climb!

Try to find any lifestyle that doesn't have some kind of potential for high medical expenses that could lead to some sort of impact on others.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2011, 05:58:00 PM »
Smoking kills, it's been proven.  Your lungs will be destroyed if you smoke. 

-Penguin

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2011, 06:18:37 PM »
Smoking kills, it's been proven.  Your lungs will be destroyed if you smoke. 
-Penguin

I guess you never plan on riding in a car then.

White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 06:19:21 PM »
sometimes I hate these boards
the guy posts pics from a lodge that is owned by Philip Morris,he did NOT tell everyone how great smoking is.
other than the red and blk coats that may considered Marlboro colors I did not see many smoking adds in his pics.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2011, 06:40:48 PM »
live and let live...

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2011, 07:08:54 PM »
sometimes I hate these boards
the guy posts pics from a lodge that is owned by Philip Morris,he did NOT tell everyone how great smoking is.
other than the red and blk coats that may considered Marlboro colors I did not see many smoking adds in his pics.

+1

the dood tries to share what a good time he and his family had.....and a bunch of jackwagons hafta come in here and start arguing.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)