Author Topic: Marlboro Ranch  (Read 11973 times)

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
Re: Marlboro Ranch
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2011, 11:17:09 AM »
Smoking means death, an excruciating and slow death.  You know this, however, you cannot admit to yourself that you've made a mistake in becoming an addict.  Don't kid yourself, you are a drug addict- it's why people keep doing methamphetamine even when they see it eating their faces.  There are many, many places which can help you with your addiction; go there, and get some help.

-Penguin

Everyone who smokes knows it is a mistake and all know they are addicted.

Why don't you post all details of your lifestyle so we can denigrate you for any choices that happen to be pose a possible health risk?

Better yet, just stay out of the thread that someone posted about their vacation.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2011, 11:20:50 AM »
Smoking means death, an excruciating and slow death.

Non-smokers die healthy, isn't that a shame?

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2011, 12:23:30 PM »
Looks like a lot of fun McB, I just returned from Dayton were my family took me to the USAF Museum as a birthday treat.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2011, 04:08:36 PM »
Everyone who smokes knows it is a mistake and all know they are addicted.

Why don't you post all details of your lifestyle so we can denigrate you for any choices that happen to be pose a possible health risk?

Better yet, just stay out of the thread that someone posted about their vacation.

You guys dragged me into this argument.  I don't smoke, drink, drive or do drugs.  I train a moderate amount in a gym and sail during the summer.  I live in a small town, vehicular travel is unavoidable, but my bike is preferable when time isn't an issue.

-Penguin

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2011, 04:12:48 PM »
Looks like a lot of fun McB, I just returned from Dayton were my family took me to the USAF Museum as a birthday treat.

nice treat ya got xbrit.... did you happen to get or take any pictures while there?

if so, care to share?

as for the OP and a Ranch Retreat in Montana...... I am envious..... if I had my choice of where to live the rest of my life, it would be somewhere in Montana from Central westward...... I would prefer to be closer to the mountains than the open prairie/plains......

I messed up back in 98 when I told the wife(x) that shed could decide where we would spend our next 10 years Bozeman or Missoula, Montana ( well on the out skirts not in the city limits ) or move back to Florida.......she picked FL to be closer to her Mom. and I lost out on 20 acres & cabin with a guaranteed job postion once I got there......sorry for rambling

if one ever gets the chance they should try and visit the mountains of the NW U.S. ........ Montana, Idaho, in the Lewis, Swan, Lost River, Bitterroot ranges..... hopefully one day I'll get my life long wish since I was 12 yrs old and first got to see Montana, Idaho and Washington State...

Big Sky Country ( or as I call it "GOD's Country" )....

anyways..... post any USAF Museum pics if ya got any..... we all would like to see them

:cheers:

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2011, 04:18:11 PM »
You guys dragged me into this argument.  I don't smoke, drink, drive or do drugs.  I train a moderate amount in a gym and sail during the summer.  I live in a small town, vehicular travel is unavoidable, but my bike is preferable when time isn't an issue.

-Penguin

WRONG, you took a shot at this thread without anyone dragging you into this thread or asking you to involuntarily post to it.....

you wanted to express your views and opinions of what or how you think about Tobacco companys, smoking, smokers and nothing more...... go back and re-read each post you made if you need clarification

hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2011, 04:49:59 PM »
WRONG, you took a shot at this thread without anyone dragging you into this thread or asking you to involuntarily post to it.....

you wanted to express your views and opinions of what or how you think about Tobacco companys, smoking, smokers and nothing more...... go back and re-read each post you made if you need clarification

hope this helps

TC

All I had said was: I couldn't have said it better myself, when another poster posted an anti-tobacco argument.  When that position was rebutted, I rebutted in turn.

-Penguin

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2011, 04:55:04 PM »
The official name of the ranch is "The Crazy Mountain Ranch" but is referred to as the Marlboro Ranch because it is owned and operated by Phillip Morris (Marlboro)

Looks like fun times was had by all.

Really are a number a great class-act dude/guest ranches out there across the west and north west to look into vacationing at, not just one of the more infamous ones in the state of Montana (although someday if I had a choice I would like to go there at least once).  One of my memorable childhood vacations was at an awesome guest ranch located in one of the large and very fertile valleys behind the Sierras, just a couple hours or so north of Mammoth Lakes, just outside of Bridgeport, CA.  Found it now on google maps, it's the Hunewell Guest Ranch, would highly recommend them or any like it for a great and very low-tech vacation. 

http://www.hunewillranch.com/ 

There's a bunch of nearby stuff too, like one of the best preserved ghost towns and state historical sites from the old 49ers days right on the state border nearby (I think it's called Bodie), and not the least of which is you're right there on the rear (east-most) boundry of the Yosemite National Park.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 04:56:40 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2011, 04:57:48 PM »

-Penguin

nobody dragged you in. you came in of your own free will.if you don't like what's being said........don't respond in here anymore........

i know you're gonna come up with at least 3 excuses now as to why that won't work.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2011, 05:28:31 PM »
All I had said was: I couldn't have said it better myself, when another poster posted an anti-tobacco argument.  When that position was rebutted, I rebutted in turn.

-Penguin

you was the 4th reply, and the first to mention "cigarette" er or "cigarette company"

Marlboro Ranch, are you referring to a ranch owned by the Marlboro cigarette company?

-Penguin

btw xbrit, if you do have pics of your trip to USAF museum, and are gonnapost them....please make a new thread, Sir

TC

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2011, 06:18:39 PM »
can't a person post a trip with out a giant argument starting? Its like some people just cant control themselves.

Cap you do any fantasy football?
Kommando Nowotny
delta07
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2011, 07:18:29 PM »
you was the 4th reply, and the first to mention "cigarette" er or "cigarette company"

btw xbrit, if you do have pics of your trip to USAF museum, and are gonnapost them....please make a new thread, Sir

TC

You've got me there, I cede the point.

-Penguin

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2011, 11:02:35 AM »
I'm just mad that he took his wife and not me
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2011, 01:21:21 PM »
Yeah I'd love to win that trip, at least I know now that people actually do win those grand prizes they give away during contest's.

If anyone on here does smoke Marlboro you should sign up on there website, a couple times a year they run contest where they give away a lot of prizes, & they offer coupons like $4-5 off cartons or $1-2 off packs.  They have a contest going on right now with weekly prizes, I won on the first week & just got my prize, they were a pair of really nice ear-bud headphones, I won on week 3 too which is a Coleman cooler, none of the stuff has the Marlboro logo on it or anything either, hell you don't even have to smoke to sign up on the site & enter the contests.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 01:24:23 PM by trax1 »
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2011, 01:49:52 PM »
man i gotta love all the different takes on this  :rofl all i did was post a few pics of how much fun i had. I had no intention of telling people to go out and smoke, hell the whole time i was @ the Ranch there was not even one seminar about how great smoking was or to go out and spam your friends with how cool smoking was, so you could wind up @ the ranch. I even asked the people that worked there why none of the gear we got had the Marlboro logo on it, and their response was they didnt feel promoting tobacco use was good. I think the majority of us that smoke are old enough to decide what we want to do without all the statistics,static, and BS that the non-smokers give us. in case many forgot tobacco was one of the leading crops that got this country started way back when..... just sayin. Oh and i ride a motorcycle too so i guess that was another dumb mistake on my part, stupid bad-ass Kawasaki commercials on TV they need to be banned!!

I was going to say for goodness sakes don't mention the rocket you took off of my hands a few months ago  :D

BTW I haven't forgotten about you I thought I had responded to the last e-mail you sent but realized the other day that I hadn't but I will soon.  I hope you didn't run into the problem with it that you told me about.  And when it's all said and done please share the pics with some of our more safety conscious brethren here so they can tell you how you should be riding it and that it's going to kill you one day.

I've teased tons of people who said it would kill me and I said nope, see it didn't even when I took out the ditch and now it's gone so it can't kill me.  :neener:
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com