Author Topic: E-M Diagrams for WW1  (Read 661 times)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
E-M Diagrams for WW1
« on: April 19, 2011, 08:24:16 AM »
Badboy,

I was hoping you would be willing to make diagrams for the 4 WW1 planes we have. The turning chart is a good reference but it just shows that the dr1 outurns everything., not any areas where the dr1 might be at a disadvantage. I'm hoping that a detailed chart might reveal some area that a camel especially might be able to take advantage of. If we use your turn chart combined with HTCs speed and climb charts all we can say is that the dr1 outclimbs and outturns the camel while having roughly the same top speed. Thanks in advance... you are the BEF's only hope :).

Offline Badboy

• Silver Member
Re: E-M Diagrams for WW1
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 07:41:55 PM »
I was hoping you would be willing to make diagrams for the 4 WW1 planes we have.

Hi Urchin

I do have all the information and data I need to produce the full set of EM diagrams for WWI aircraft, however the tools I use currently only work for the WWII aircraft. In order to produce the EM diagrams I need to rework my model for use with fixed pitch propellers. I've been meaning to do that since before WWI was released, and I still am... Unfortunately, I have precious little time for this hobby at the moment and I've been prioritising training, so it may need to wait until the college summer recess.

I'll make sure you are the first to know when its done.

Badboy
The Damned (est. 1988)
  • AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Air Warrior Trainer - Retired

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Re: E-M Diagrams for WW1
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 05:58:02 PM »
Thanks badboy! 

Glad to hear it is in the works. Your efforts are much appreciated, by me at least :)

<S>