Author Topic: May 10, 1972 Vietnam Air War  (Read 307 times)

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
May 10, 1972 Vietnam Air War
« on: May 12, 2011, 09:08:07 AM »
I have been on the road and wanted to post this last week, and set up a snapshot in honor of it. This day in history saw the most air-to-air kills of the Vietnam War. This included Commander "Duke" Cunninham getting three kills during the day, the third being Col Tomb. This fight included a HO by Tomb, verticle rolling scissors and a parting AIM9 shot up the tailpipe. Col Tomb being the highest scoring Vietnamese ace with a reported 13 kills.

I'm sure there are others on this board who know far more about this then I do. In honor of their effort we should stage a snapshot using our beloved Hellcats. Who's in?

Boo
 :salute

http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_345.shtml
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Re: May 10, 1972 Vietnam Air War
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 10:05:49 AM »
How do you run a snapshot to shoot down someone who doesn't exist?

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 10:14:20 AM »
How do you run a snapshot to shoot down someone who doesn't exist?

More specifically Col Tomb was reportedly a propaganda idea and no such person ever exists (reportedly)
JG 52

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 10:20:12 AM »
I commend his for his service and his deeds on that particular day... but he is still a criminal and that's why he's in jail.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!