Author Topic: LAN/WAN Professional Scam?  (Read 8518 times)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Re: LAN/WAN Professional Scam?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 02:22:29 PM »
I've experienced first hand wells fargo. I would never bank with them again. Rife with fraud. Even though it was the employees it is still wells fargo to blame.

I will not go into detail except to say your account is only as safe as all the individuals at the bank that have access to it.

I had an interesting experience with a Bof A platinum... I was "fraud alerted" after a sequence of two events:
1. a 1 dollar yahoo charge was submitted and accepted
2. a $3300 Nieman Marcus charge was submitted and DENIED.

It WAS a common id theft scheme. The scammer would submit a random 16-digit number in a trivial online charge. Once it went through, he'd tap his newfound "card" for a larger charge. This occurred about 4 years ago - and I note that it was soon after that they started demanding the additional 3-digit code (found on the rear strip) to submit your online charge. Supposedly some of it had gotten sophisticated around automated serial requests of random 16-digit numbers.

Anyway, kudos to the BoFA for preventing a fraud.  They said it drew a flag because of the rapid sequence of the two disparate oinline transactions and because I don't normally charge 3300 bux on haute couture. Geek and tool couture is more my speed.

Speaking of which, I'm getting another MacMini to set up AH station 2 so that I'll have 2 "cockpit" nodes on the home LAN. Guests can take a turn iin the DA against me (the ystill have free 2-weekers, right?). This is really targeted at my b(r)other in law since he loves flying the Spitty and Pony in MS Combat Flight Simulator.  He's such a noob I'll be able to teach him what for using an 'inferior' 109 - then go across the house to do a monkey-aced endzone dance about it.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 03:10:15 PM »
I've experienced first hand wells fargo. I would never bank with them again. Rife with fraud. Even though it was the employees it is still wells fargo to blame.

I will not go into detail except to say your account is only as safe as all the individuals at the bank that have access to it.

you can get that experence from any bank, that's an individual persons motive and not the Banks.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 03:21:07 PM »
Plazus if you have a reasonable foundation in networking at want to earn good money I'd seriously be getting certified in these guys kit: http://www.paloaltonetworks.com

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 04:46:36 PM »
Just curious doesn't Ohio have any Tech Schools or community colleges?
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 03:32:43 AM »
something to think about.  i have no checks even though i have a checking account.  i do all my banking online, or pay cash or use credit cards.  so really i have no need for a check.  but the best thing about online banking is that i can set up my options to get an email when the card is used for a transaction exceding 25 bucks.  many times i have gotten that email then i call my gf and ask her what the hell she's buying at the store.  while she's just walking out the door. i tell you the responses i get are priceless  :rofl.  she cant hide anything from me.  best thing about it, is when i use it at the restaurant, by the time the waiter/waitress brings me back my credit card, i already have an email telling me exactly how much was charged.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2011, 09:34:08 AM »
something to think about.  i have no checks even though i have a checking account.  i do all my banking online, or pay cash or use credit cards.  so really i have no need for a check.  but the best thing about online banking is that i can set up my options to get an email when the card is used for a transaction exceding 25 bucks.  many times i have gotten that email then i call my gf and ask her what the hell she's buying at the store.  while she's just walking out the door. i tell you the responses i get are priceless  :rofl.  she cant hide anything from me.  best thing about it, is when i use it at the restaurant, by the time the waiter/waitress brings me back my credit card, i already have an email telling me exactly how much was charged.

semp

I typically don't use that but, after your testimonial, I might. I could monitor, thus, from my iphone, and know realtime. That's kind of like the ultimate in fraud protection. The only downside is it means I'm even more closely umbilical'ed to my iphone "tether".
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2011, 04:06:25 PM »
Is this company a scam? A lot of sources seem to be pointing in the direction of "stay away". Unfortunately I did not hear about this "scam" until just today. I had already paid for the lab access and guide fees, which came to be about $400. I was given an account and have access to a lot of the materials online. Everything "looks legit" but I am not real sure about the whole thing. I hear Cisco and Careerbuilder banned that company from their sites. If all this is true, how would I be able to get myself out of this?

http://www.lanwanprofessional.com/home_index.php

google Lanwan professional.com and scam and yes, it appears to be a scam.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes