Author Topic: Spies  (Read 779 times)

Offline FBGrit

• Zinc Member
Spies
« on: August 02, 2011, 03:37:08 PM »
I know there is no real info on who spies but it is so incredibly easy I cannot believe it does not happen.  One AH program mod I would like to see that would reduce the potential for spies ratting out missions is to allow individuals to optionally fly without a friendly radar display.  Pilots could turn it off prior to a "stealth" mission.  It seems to me it is possible since there is no friendly radar dot in FSO.  Comments?

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: Spies
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 03:42:42 PM »
The spy label gets applied far too much more than it actually occurs. Even if you're NOE, there is always someone that doesn't watch their altimeter and having a dar bar in the middle of no where, even for a brief moment, is all the alert the enemy needs.

Relax, take off the tin foil hat, and enjoy the game.

edit: When I originally posted on this, it was in the General Discussion. Apologies FBGrit, I tend to leave wish posts alone. I will say I don't think it is necessary, but good luck to you.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 03:44:45 PM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 03:48:24 PM »
I've been flying a few spy baiting missions lately where I fly somewhere deep into enemy territory NOE.

Sometimes I will taxi up near a base and make it flash and sometimes I won't.

After sitting there about half an hour, someone eventually takes off and beelines straight toward my location.

While viewing the films, I don't see them bank or using views other than forward until they are nearly directly over me.......then the banking and viewing begins.

I just remember who they are and see if it's the same couple of guys who keep showing up.

It would be nice if friendly dots on the dar could be optional.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 03:51:32 PM by icepac »

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 03:57:17 PM »

While viewing the films, I don't see them bank or using views other than forward until they are nearly directly over me.......then the banking and viewing begins.

When viewing films, if you are in the other guys cockpit, you aren't seeing the views that he used.  You are seeing the views that you used being applied to his aircraft.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 04:07:23 PM »
Cool.......thanks.

Still........no banking until in my exact location meaning he knew my general vicinity when he took off.

That said, spying is far less common than the yelling on 200 suggests.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 04:40:25 PM »
Ahh sp13zzz  :rofl :rofl
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 07:55:11 PM »
the best response   :lol
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 08:06:58 PM »

:rofl
-AoM-

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 10:17:30 PM »
well VansCrew did say he was back.    :bolt:
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 12:12:14 AM »

:rofl
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 02:44:43 AM »
all the spy would have to do is join your mission and your position is given.  after we dont really know who the spies are.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 08:36:26 AM »
all the spy would have to do is join your mission and your position is given.  after we dont really know who the spies are.

semp

i doubt a spy would even need to join a mission to be able to tell where mission is going....it would have been reported on country... and i love it when spies tell on the missions, cos i know i will expecting some action, instead of the usual, fly, bomb, fly bomb.. at least jarbos have the opportunity to jettison their ords.. and dogfight... the buffs just have to fly straight... its quite boring for me if keep running bombers constantly without my tail end charlie seeing any action... so spy if you want, so missions usually are prepared for spies already... thats just my opinion.
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 02:12:19 PM »
I've been flying a few spy baiting missions lately where I fly somewhere deep into enemy territory NOE.

Sometimes I will taxi up near a base and make it flash and sometimes I won't.

After sitting there about half an hour, someone eventually takes off and beelines straight toward my location.

I just remember who they are and see if it's the same couple of guys who keep showing up.

It would be nice if friendly dots on the dar could be optional.

ROFL
Wag more, bark less.