Author Topic: Parallels 6 with Aces High?  (Read 543 times)

Offline Badger

• Copper Member
      • Military Surplus Collectors Forums
Parallels 6 with Aces High?
« on: August 16, 2011, 11:38:53 AM »
Hi folks .. :)

I'm an old user of Aces High when I had a PC environment ...

I no longer use PC's and run an Apple MacBook Pro with Parallels 6 (using XP) and I wanted to get any current user experience with similar setups, particularly which joysticks do you use with it and any performance tweaks.

I read some old 2006 threads, but I couldn't find anything more current....

Anyone out there able to provide feedback on how well (or not) the current Aces High runs on Mac's with Paralells 6?

Thanks for any feedback ...  :)

Great to see the community still going strong ....  :aok

Regards,
Doug

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Parallels 6 with Aces High?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 01:18:31 PM »
I think you might get better responses in this forum.  Honestly, I have never heard of "Parallels 6".  All the Apple computers running the game, right now, use BOOTCAMP and boot to Windows XP to run the game.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline thud123

• Zinc Member
      • Musketeers.org
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 02:16:15 PM »
I run an instance of AH on Parallels. I use it mainly to check in and see what's going on. I also fly with keyboard and trackpad. GV and Bomber gunning can be fun but, like Skuzzy said, best to use Bootcamp for performance. Try it on both and compare!

-thud

Offline Matador

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 06:12:06 PM »
I'm currently running AH on my mid-2010 15" 2.66ghz macbook pro, but I am running bootcamp with windows 7, its a pain to boot and reboot to switch OS's but having all the hardware dedicated to 1 OS instead of splitting it and running a virtual machine with limited resources makes a big difference. Im using a logitech 3Dpro and I tried using a 3D connexion mouse to at least try to control my view but im not able to use both at the same time. With and external 22" monitor Im getting about 59fps on max settings with the high-res textures, but without self shadowing. one of my roommates is running parallels 8 and doesn't run that well on some CAD programs ( when manipulating objects is has some visual lag) I couldn't imagine it running to well with AH, but I dont really know first hand how it would actually run
Righteous Vengeance
Matador
VMF-222 (FSO)