Author Topic: An Idea for Tank Town  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Tull

• Zinc Member
An Idea for Tank Town
« on: September 28, 2011, 08:09:47 AM »
Gents,

As a GVer from way back, Tank Town is one of those maps that are looked forward to.  It provides the venue to go out there and “Clank” around having a gun fight with other GVers.   This has been more and more disrupted by the interference of players that get frustrated by the “kill and be killed” nature of the area.  These players take out their frustrations by either capturing the offending side’s V-base or by becoming a “Bomb Tard”.  The effect of these players is to spoil the fun of dedicated GVers.

I have two suggestions to improve the Tank Town opportunity for GVers.

A.    For the “Bomb Tards” install a heavy consternation of Puffy Ack that fires at all sides.  This will make the bombers have more skin in the game when they fly in to take out their frustrations on the players having fun GVing

B.    Make the V-Bases around Tank Town un-capture able.  This will provide a guaranteed haven to all three sides so that all GVers can enjoy the ground game with all opponents.  This tool has been used to prevent two sides from ganging up on one to knock it all the way out of a map.  It can also be applied to keep Tank Town as an area for ground operations.

This is my 2 cents worth to improve the game’s enjoyment for those who wish to clank around the battlefield throwing heavy shots at our brother players.

Tull
 :old:

"Oddball: We see our role as essentially defensive in nature. While our armies are advancing so fast and everyone's knocking themselves out to be heroes, we are holding ourselves in reserve in case the Krauts mount a counteroffensive which threatens Paris... or maybe even New York. Then we can move in and stop them. But for 1.6 million dollars, we could become heroes for three days."

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: An Idea for Tank Town
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 08:24:14 AM »
Gents,

As a GVer from way back, Tank Town is one of those maps that are looked forward to.  It provides the venue to go out there and “Clank” around having a gun fight with other GVers.   This has been more and more disrupted by the interference of players that get frustrated by the “kill and be killed” nature of the area.  These players take out their frustrations by either capturing the offending side’s V-base or by becoming a “Bomb Tard”.  The effect of these players is to spoil the fun of dedicated GVers.

I have two suggestions to improve the Tank Town opportunity for GVers.

A.    For the “Bomb Tards” install a heavy consternation of Puffy Ack that fires at all sides.  This will make the bombers have more skin in the game when they fly in to take out their frustrations on the players having fun GVing

B.    Make the V-Bases around Tank Town un-capture able.  This will provide a guaranteed haven to all three sides so that all GVers can enjoy the ground game with all opponents.  This tool has been used to prevent two sides from ganging up on one to knock it all the way out of a map.  It can also be applied to keep Tank Town as an area for ground operations.

This is my 2 cents worth to improve the game’s enjoyment for those who wish to clank around the battlefield throwing heavy shots at our brother players.

Tull

"Oddball: We see our role as essentially defensive in nature. While our armies are advancing so fast and everyone's knocking themselves out to be heroes, we are holding ourselves in reserve in case the Krauts mount a counteroffensive which threatens Paris... or maybe even New York. Then we can move in and stop them. But for 1.6 million dollars, we could become heroes for three days."

:old: But it's fun to take a TT vbase and then defend it from the raging enemy that wants it back.

I then get many wirblewind victories. :D

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 08:29:55 AM »
:old: But it's fun to take a TT vbase and then defend it from the raging enemy that wants it back.

I then get many wirblewind victories. :D

The Tards have spoken.  :banana:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 08:38:15 AM »

The Tards have spoken.  :banana:

Taking it makes you feel sneaky.  :aok :ahand :lol

and listening to all the crying on 200 is quite rewarding.  :furious  :furious :furious :mad: :aok :D

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Tull

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 08:50:21 AM »
Slate,

The Tards have spoken.  :banana:

You just break me up  :rofl

Tull

"Oddball: [groans] Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning. Think the bridge will be there and it will be there. It's a mother, beautiful bridge, and it's gonna be there. Ok?"

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 08:53:14 AM »
Taking it makes you feel sneaky.  :aok :ahand :lol

and listening to all the crying on 200 is quite rewarding.  :furious  :furious :furious :mad: :aok :D

When you grow up you'll realize what part of the community you should be. You were so proud of your ability to HO others to get a kill. Now your proud to ruin fights for others. Always exposing your selfishness. A sign of the times perhaps as the ME generation comes of age. You could have helped the Bish as they were being rolled by the Knits on that map and the Rooks wiped the Bish off TT Island but that would involve doing something for others.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 09:06:55 AM »
 When you grow up you'll realize what part of the community you should be. You were so proud of your ability to HO others to get a kill. Now your proud to ruin fights for others. Always exposing your selfishness. A sign of the times perhaps as the ME generation comes of age. You could have helped the Bish as they were being rolled by the Knits on that map and the Rooks wiped the Bish off TT Island but that would involve doing something for others.

Soooo... I should not take a vbase which the enemy does not care enough to defend because it's "selfish". :bhead

Hmm,  taking bases for my country to assist in winning the war and helping my countrymen to defend said base from an overwhelming enemy creating many great fights is selfish.  Mmmkay. :bhead

btw, I flew to TT even though we did not have a base there at one point to try and get one back.  Was fun and as another recent post of mine shows, provided one of the best long fights I've had in AH.  So, going to TT to try and get a base back for my country is also selfish because I enjoy a good fight.  :bhead

:old: If you want to keep a base, defend it when it's flashing.

Perhaps being selfish is better defined as sitting in your TT GV trying to get GV kills, ignoring your flashing TT vbase which could be taken any minute preventing you and your countrymen from fighing further in TT.  

But defending the vbase would require you to think of more than just getting your GV kills sitting in your GV. :bhead :bolt:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 09:20:15 AM by Midway »

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 09:09:02 AM »

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 09:12:08 AM »
I ain't siding with anybody here gents, just wanted to point out that tank town no longer exists...
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 09:19:56 AM »
I ain't siding with anybody here gents, just wanted to point out that tank town no longer exists...

We were just talking about the map we had the other day. Had some great GV fights there in the past and the other day also.

(Image removed from quote.)
   I see many share Midways attitude.
  Was a different experience in AH many years ago.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 09:28:57 AM »
Midway doesn't have an attitude that I've noticed, seems like he's just having a lot of fun playing the game

Whereas you are sitting on your high horse, proclaiming your superiority to newer players and trying to belittle someone who doesn't play the game the way you want him to

Offline Tull

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 09:34:34 AM »
Waystin2,

Brother, we can call it Munchkinland if that is what is wanted.  However there are some map areas that are GV centric, and these are the locations that I started this thread about.  The point of this thread is not hash out philosophies of Aces High but to create an area that better meets the needs of the GVers in the game.

Tull

"Crapgame: Hey, Oddball, this is your moment of glory. And you're chickening out!
Oddball: To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three tigers."

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 09:35:10 AM »
Midway doesn't have an attitude that I've noticed, seems like he's just having a lot of fun playing the game

Whereas you are sitting on your high horse, proclaiming your superiority to newer players and trying to belittle someone who doesn't play the game the way you want him to

(Image removed from quote.)

I can't stop him or you from playing the game as you wish. I've had players on my own side jump in front of me when I had a bogey almost dead and kill shot myself. It can be done but it is LAME (in My Opinion) and thats what you don't get.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 09:40:29 AM by Slate »

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 09:41:04 AM »
It can be done but it is LAME and thats what you don't get.  

what exactly is lame? Midway helping take enemy bases and/or blowing up enemy tanks?  :headscratch:  what's wrong with that?

The point of this thread is not hash out philosophies of Aces High but to create an area that better meets the needs of the GVers in the game.

What is it you need?  No planes to ever drop bombs on you, and no possibility of your base ever being taken? I think you're probably playing the wrong game...pretty sure there is another one called World of Tanks that ticks those boxes though

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 09:44:12 AM »
Waystin2,

Brother, we can call it Munchkinland if that is what is wanted.  However there are some map areas that are GV centric, and these are the locations that I started this thread about.  The point of this thread is not hash out philosophies of Aces High but to create an area that better meets the needs of the GVers in the game.

Tull

"Crapgame: Hey, Oddball, this is your moment of glory. And you're chickening out!
Oddball: To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three tigers."

Hello Tull,

I GV as much as the next fella.  Do I think that any one segment of the player base GV, plane, bomber, or a combo of one or all types deserves extra protection in the Late War Arena?  Nope.  The tankers kill ground vehicles, the bombers/JABO's kill ground vehicles, flakkers and fighters kill the bombers/JABO's and other fighters.  It is a vicious circle of combat in Munchkinland as it is supposed to be. :aok

:salute

Way  

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!