The Mitchell Sneak
The Mitchell Sneak
It's October 1943, and the battle of Guadalcanal has raged on for little more then a month. With Henderson Field now completed, the Allies can finally bring in medium bombers like the B25 to start pounding Japanese Airstrips.
In order to avoid detection by the Japanese, the Allies have devised a surprise Attack technique know as "Skip Bombing". This method of aerial bombing entails releasing a bomb from such a low altitude, that it slides or glances along the surface till it strikes the target.
Allied - 60% (Bish)
Axis - 40% (Rook)
B25H - 60%
Field - Roll A1.
Objectives - Bomb or Strafe all Valid Targets on the Base at A37.
1. Valid Targets at the Base includes all Strat objects and Hangers Only. The Town is Not a Valid Target.
2. There was a CV spotted N-NE of A37 possibly re-supplying the Field. This is an optional Secondary target of opportunity.
1. Allies must hit the Airfield with in the first hour with a force of at least 5 planes.
2. The Allies may only attack the CV after the Airfield has been hit. The CV may Not be hit first. If the Allies strike the CV before the Airfield is hit at 50 point penalty will be applied.
3. There is a 10k alt cap until enemy contacts are spotted. This is to bring the feel of skip bombing into play.
A6M5 - 90%
Ki-61 - 10%
Field - Roll 37 (A6m5bs may roll from CV)
Objectives - Defend A37 and the CV.
1. The Allies must hit the Airfield before the CV.
1. You may not use the mannable guns.
2. There is a 10k alt cap until enemy contacts are spotted. This is to give the feel of a surprise attack, in which there wouldn't be time to climb to 20k.
B25 - 20
P47D11 - 10
A6m5B - 10
Ki 61 - 10
Hangers - 20
Radar - 5
Fuel - 5
Ammo - 5
Barracks - 5
Ack - 2
CV - 150
Crusier - 75
Destroyer - 40
Any Ship gun position - 1
1. Terrain - Slot2
2. Icon Range - Short
3. Radar - Off
4. Fighter and Bomber Warning Range - 52,800 about 10 miles
5. Tower Range - 52,800 (for display to match the above setting)
6. Visibility - 10 miles
7. Wind - Slight 3-4 mph
8. External view for bombers (F3) - On
9. Friendly Collisions - Off
10. Enemy Collisions - On
11. Kill Shooter - Off
12. Fuel - 1.123
13. Ack - 1.0
14. Time - 10:00:00
15. Formations - On
This should be a quick one. I suggest a second Furball frame with P47 D11s vs A6m5 and Ki 61s