Author Topic: One new policy for 2012.  (Read 885 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
One new policy for 2012.
« on: January 02, 2012, 11:49:01 PM »
Not a rule, we have enough of them but a new policy is being implemented regarding the winners choice of plane.

KOTH winners get the privilege of picking the plane for the following event. KOTH CMs shouldn't have to track you down and ask if you forget to mention what plane you want for that following event. If the KOTH winner does NOT tell the host before exiting the arena the event was in they have a day or two to get in touch with the host and make their choice. If no plane is picked by the time results are posted, 1 week, the host will go ahead and pick a plane for the following event.

We still haven't decided about the 163. An idea about only having the 163 available when people flying reach a certain point has been mentioned.
For example, say when there are under 12 people still flying the option of choosing the 163 is back on the table. Again, no final decision yet.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: One new policy for 2012.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 05:54:42 AM »
I recommend canning the 163

KOTH is supposed to be about aerial dogfighting combat / furballs and not about fuel conservation and loitering ...... some are masters at conserving fuel and skirtting the edge of the fight ( or even flying through a fight, as to look as if they are actually in a fight ) all the while only doing nothing except conserving fuel to be one of the last 3 or 4 to try and win....

my personal view..... YMMV

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 08:55:55 AM »
What TC said no 163  :aok
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 06:01:33 PM »
As far as loitering aroound a fight I wish you guys would be more vocal on that. We can't see all the fights and notice everything that goes on. A little peer pressure might change that. Last year I was accused of letting this go on and this is one of those issues that is really difficult to control with the different fighting styles there are.
Pretty sure it would be impossible to define but what exactly is engaging. If turnfighting it is more obvious than E fighting but there is still a rather large grey area involved.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 09:41:30 PM »
I wish you guys would be more vocal on that.

you know me fuzeman, I am probably the most vocal person their is , when it comes to the spirit of KOTH and trying to uphold the integrity of this event........

that STICK created long ago in a land mostly long forgotten about......

I always try and point out anything I see that is not within the spirit of the event.......

<S>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 12:24:34 AM »
you know me fuzeman, I am probably the most vocal person their is , when it comes to the spirit of KOTH and trying to uphold the integrity of this event........

that STICK created long ago in a land mostly long forgotten about......

I always try and point out anything I see that is not within the spirit of the event.......

<S>

TC

100% agree thaere TC. People like yourself make it easier on the host, to put it mildly.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 10:59:21 AM »
As far as loitering aroound a fight I wish you guys would be more vocal on that. We can't see all the fights and notice everything that goes on. A little peer pressure might change that. Last year I was accused of letting this go on and this is one of those issues that is really difficult to control with the different fighting styles there are.
Pretty sure it would be impossible to define but what exactly is engaging. If turnfighting it is more obvious than E fighting but there is still a rather large grey area involved.

Problem is, you can easily "loiter" yet still be following the rules of KOTH.  This is very easy to do when you are going 400 mph in a rocket.  

As I mentioned before, the Me163 should be outright banned from competition because engaging in acm's and rolling scissor, which is in the full spirit of koth, almost guarantees you will run out of fuel and lose the round.  The only certain way to win the Me163 round is to keep 987 gph (just above 982 idle) and make weak pick attempts before low g high yo yo's and rinse repeat, while avoiding passes from suckers using too much fuel.  Again, not in the spirit of koth unless you are given the option to triple or quadruple the fuel loadout.

As for a max number of players for allowing it, meh, I like the effort to try and salvage it, but it's not really worth it imo.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 11:01:29 AM by grizz441 »

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 11:22:58 AM »
Problem is, you can easily "loiter" yet still be following the rules of KOTH.  This is very easy to do when you are going 400 mph in a rocket. 

As I mentioned before, the Me163 should be outright banned from competition because engaging in acm's and rolling scissor, which is in the full spirit of koth, almost guarantees you will run out of fuel and lose the round.  The only certain way to win the Me163 round is to keep 987 gph (just above 982 idle) and make weak pick attempts before low g high yo yo's and rinse repeat, while avoiding passes from suckers using too much fuel.  Again, not in the spirit of koth unless you are given the option to triple or quadruple the fuel loadout.

QFT

exactly what Grizz said........

TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 10:53:00 AM »
We'll also be looking at logs regarding Joins. Those who join and accept others along with the joiner just might be missing a KOTH.

I guess that makes two new policies.