Author Topic: Walking Dead Resumes tonight  (Read 7719 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Walking Dead Resumes tonight
« on: February 12, 2012, 06:58:57 PM »
In case anyone interested forgot
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: Walking Dead Resumes tonight
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 07:36:39 PM »
Watching the re-run of the last episode right now.  Looking forward to the new one!

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 07:41:37 PM »
what time again?
Kommando Nowotny
delta07
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 07:42:51 PM »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 07:43:52 PM »
Kommando Nowotny
delta07
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 09:02:30 PM »
Interesting episode...

It looks like they may leave Herschel in peace in the end.  Rick will realize that he and the group are not much different to Herschel then the two guys in the bar.  I predict that they will leave the farm voluntarily.  But the hand washing part where Shane is washing Carol shows us that he is definitely going around the bend.

Looks like they are going to have a big gun fight with some living people too.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 11:56:52 PM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 09:56:46 PM »
If any of you guys are watching the show afterwards "comic book men"
the flea market/auction they are selling the stuff outside at is about 20 min from my house.

During the summer months. Think of the largest flea market you've ever seen. then multiply by 10 LOL
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 09:57:49 PM »
If any of you guys are watching the show afterwards "comic book men"
the flea market/auction they are selling the stuff outside at is about 20 min from my house.

During the summer months. Think of the largest flea market you've ever seen. then multiply by 10 LOL

Ya, been watching it.  Pretty funny stuff.  Worth the time to watch.   :rofl

"Take another bite of your victory weiner"  :rofl
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 10:01:02 PM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 11:42:53 AM »
I was mildly entertained by the episode. The writers seem to have started to get off of the soap opera kick a little bit. The encounter with the roving group was a new wrinkle and about time. It seems every individual or group they have run into to date has been pretty friendly. This is the first time they showed anything like the locust personality of survivor. It sure showed the trooper as being pretty darn fast with that Python though.

Shane's poor me scene washing hands was an exercise in pity manipulation. I'm wondering how long before they have the eventual blow up between him and the rest of the group.

Why they had to show the "wifey" heading off into the sunset to pass on the same info the group she was going to find and get hershel already knew is a mystery. Pretty clumsy way to toss in more angst and suspense. It would have been better to just have a couple walkers show up at the farm instead.

I figure the farm is going to become untenable in the future. Either overrun by walkers or the anti social roving band of living folks. I'd almost bet that hershal and his daughter join the group now that he's "seen the light of day". They need a medic anyhow.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 12:19:21 PM »
Yeah Maverick . I bet Hershal and the daughter join Rick and the group now . Don't know what is going to come from Shane . I figure he will be killed off pretty soon by Steve .
Did any of you guy's sign up for the sweepstake's ? I did all though I have not won any thing in my life , it was still fun watching for the word's .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 02:53:41 PM »
Wasn't the best episode by far... but it wasn't bad.  Lori definitely needs her head checked.... shes the biggest idiot in the whole group.   Shane is the guy you love to hate... as much as you want to see him leave, or get killed... the show would be boring without him in it.

Personally... Daryl is my favorite.   :aok

***G3-MF***

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 03:06:02 PM »
I did watch the "talking dead" show after the second showing of the mid season opener. They (the director) did let slip that there will be more zombies in future episodes ("we heard you") and that they will be leaving the farm. He did not say why they would be leaving the farm just that they would be. His statement about more zombies is that future episodes would be "zombielicious". Of course previous talking dead shows did state that in the comic, shane dies early on and this show indicated they did not feel obligated to follow the comic book all that closely. They also will not explore "what made the zombies in the first place. They just "are" and the show is bout dealing with survival in the zombie world. The preview showed the rest of the two dead guy's group pounding on the saloon door and asking about their buddy. SHOCK! Hershal had a gun in his hand next to the door and looked ready to use it on the intruders should they force the door.

Since lori crashed the car after running down a zombie while reading a map driving down the road (DUHH dummy!), I'm wondering if there is not a miscarriage in the works to remove the pregnancy complication. Unless of course she is preggers in real life then they will write around it or kill her off.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 03:09:39 PM »
Can't wait to watch it tonight  :x
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 03:17:58 PM »
Of course previous talking dead shows did state that in the comic, shane dies early on and this show indicated they did not feel obligated to follow the comic book all that closely.

They have already deviated away from the comic quite a bit... Sophia is a perfect example.  All the comic did was set the stage for the series... which is now taking its own direction.  In the comic, it is actually Carl that kills Shane when he tries to kill Rick... for some reason I dont see that happening in the series, but who knows.  Another thing about the comic that doesnt hold true in the series (yet)... is that anyone who dies... for any reason... turns into a walker.  But who knows... last night was the first time I think we have seen in the series someone living be killed by someone else living.  Have to wait and see on that one.

"Comic Rick" is a bit more of a badarse than he is in the show.  But with that quickdraw he pulled last night... he is certainly no slouch.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 03:29:33 PM by AKP »

***G3-MF***

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 03:18:42 PM »
Anyone else curious exactly how long summer is going to last?

Also seems to me the best bet would be to join up with existing groups and use the surrounding farms as outposts. Kinda like a midevil sort of way.
That way they can start cleaning out entire areas of walkers and also provide mutual support for one another.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty