Author Topic: Walking Dead Resumes tonight  (Read 7721 times)

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
Re: Walking Dead Resumes tonight
« Reply #330 on: March 18, 2012, 10:21:29 PM »

Shhhh!

You are gonna confuse everyone  :noid

:devil

:huh I'm confused...  :cry

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #331 on: March 18, 2012, 10:29:48 PM »
The ninja bit was a surprise. I think the armless zombie pet bit was pretty silly. Ok you took their arm off. How is that going to stop them from biting you? On the other hand (pun intended) dragging two armless zombies around is not doing anything to make your survival chances better. Yeah eye candy but simply stupid.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Jebus

• Nickel Member
« Reply #332 on: March 18, 2012, 10:38:28 PM »
The ninja bit was a surprise. I think the armless zombie pet bit was pretty silly. Ok you took their arm off. How is that going to stop them from biting you? On the other hand (pun intended) dragging two armless zombies around is not doing anything to make your survival chances better. Yeah eye candy but simply stupid.

She Cuts the arms and Jaws off of them!

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Michonne_(Comic_Series)
Michonne first appeared on the road at an unknown distance away from The Prison Clothed under a hood, she pulled the shackled zombies of her boyfriend and his best friend along by chain to act as a deterrent to the undead. She cut off their arms and lower jaws so that they wouldn't attack her.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:42:33 PM by Jebus »

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #333 on: March 19, 2012, 08:49:06 AM »

Jebus beat me to it, but watch again and take a better look at her "pets"  :D

It helps mask her scent, much like when Glen and Rick slimed themselves with zombie guts in Atlanta when they were stuck in the building  :rock

Reading the comics will help understand a lot.   It is not necessary to do so to enjoy the show, but you get more understanding.  By the same token, the show throws enough surprises at the viewer that having read the comic does not spoil the experience  :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #334 on: March 19, 2012, 12:11:55 PM »
How long we got to wait untill next season ?
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #335 on: March 19, 2012, 12:21:52 PM »

2 weeks :)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #336 on: March 19, 2012, 12:45:10 PM »
Jebus beat me to it, but watch again and take a better look at her "pets"  :D

It helps mask her scent, much like when Glen and Rick slimed themselves with zombie guts in Atlanta when they were stuck in the building  :rock

Reading the comics will help understand a lot.   It is not necessary to do so to enjoy the show, but you get more understanding.  By the same token, the show throws enough surprises at the viewer that having read the comic does not spoil the experience  :aok

Thanks a lot for the info there. I would not have thought of that aspect.  :aok

I suppose I am interested enough to start to look for the comics. Gads, it's been over 45 years since I bought or read a comic book..... :old:

I mentioned the comic books to the wife. She used to be in the book business and she asked me this question. Are the walking dead comics comic books (pulp paper) or "comic novels" (slick paper comics)? Hell I have no idea anymore where to even look for the darn things. :huh
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:50:50 PM by Maverick »
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #337 on: March 19, 2012, 01:08:01 PM »

I suppose I am interested enough to start to look for the comics. Gads, it's been over 45 years since I bought or read a comic book..... :old:

I mentioned the comic books to the wife. She used to be in the book business and she asked me this question. Are the walking dead comics comic books (pulp paper) or "comic novels" (slick paper comics)? Hell I have no idea anymore where to even look for the darn things. :huh

I believe that they are the latter.

Been a while since I have purchased any comics, also   :old:

Offline Jebus

• Nickel Member
« Reply #338 on: March 19, 2012, 01:24:13 PM »

I think we all are waiting.   :bhead

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #339 on: March 19, 2012, 01:49:32 PM »

The answer is essentialy both. The stories are released first as standard comic issues, although pulp paper is no longer used. Later, multiple issues are combined into graphic novels, reffered to as "trade paperbacks". For "The Walking Dead" these are arround 150 pages each and cost $8-$10 each depending on where you find them. Currently 16 trade paperbacks have been released, and the timeline of the show puts them at the end of the second paperback. There are also larger formats containing more issues per book for some exrea value, but I buy the trade paperbacks as these seem to do a better job of containing story arcs into single books.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #340 on: March 19, 2012, 06:55:20 PM »
The series resumes with season 3 beginning in the fall. I guess I'll search around for more info the ninja chick. Couldn't quite tell if that was a prison , or a city in the background at the end. I guess I know now. I caught the marathon that was on sunday to recap the events as they unfolded.      

3rd episode from the finally the character Lori, was explaining to Rick. How dangerous Shane, had become and all but implied whack him before he does the same. Then with the eye and detachment has he admitted how it went down. :rolleyes: Hey I'm glad she remembered she had a kid when the zombie horde attacked. All in all I thought the finale could've gone different in places but that's why we enjoy discussing the events afterwards.

~Crazy~
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 06:58:04 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #341 on: March 19, 2012, 10:38:51 PM »
Talking dead, right after the show, confirmed it was a prison.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
Author Unknown

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #342 on: March 20, 2012, 08:00:28 AM »
Talking dead, right after the show, confirmed it was a prison.

Indeed it is  :devil

Gonna be a long summer  :x

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #343 on: March 20, 2012, 08:14:05 AM »
The prison is where the "governor" has his base of operations?

I've not read the books, only bits and pieces in other forums.  I also have not seen the entire series yet, just the last 3-4 episodes and some YT vids on the early  episodes.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #344 on: March 20, 2012, 08:38:49 AM »
Yep, Lori annoyed me last episode. I wouldn't mind seeing her and Carl turn into walker bait, that way Rick really wouldn't have anything to lose, and there would be even more zombie action. It'll never happen though.   :(
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B