Author Topic: New KOTH event WW1 KOTH  (Read 1937 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
New KOTH event WW1 KOTH
« on: April 01, 2012, 04:42:43 PM »
Starting in June we will start a new KOTH type event. It will deal exclusively with WW1 type aircraft. We will have a new KOTH style map with a lower cloud ceiling and some rule adjustments to accommodate the differences WW1 platforms create.

Hope you all enjoy the new event. This event will start in June 2012 so watch the KOTH forum and AH calendar for details.

Feel free to post and make your opinions and suggestions for adjustments here.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: New KOTH event WW1 KOTH
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 04:49:40 PM »
Good idea personally though I don't really think there was any real need to separate it from KOTH in the first place the talk about separation etc its all relative to be honest.

Flying WW1 is imo a lot more challenging and requires a lot more skill than the WW2 planeset, theres a lot more to it than just whizzing around in circles me and fester did a 4 hour 1v1 session last week F1 vs DR1 and some of the fights were insane some of the best fun I have had in this game for ages. It seems so simple at first but has more scope for creative flying than the WW2 planeset.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 05:05:54 PM by pervert »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 05:12:38 PM »
Good idea personally though I don't really think there was any real need to separate it from KOTH in the first place the talk about separation etc its all relative to be honest.

Flying WW1 is imo a lot more challenging and requires a lot more skill than the WW2 planeset, theres a lot more to it than just whizzing around in circles me and fester did a 4 hour 1v1 session last week F1 vs DR1 and some of the fights were insane some of the best fun I have had in this game for ages. It seems so simple at first but has more scope for creative flying than the WW2 planeset.

I think I would disagree with this......all you can do is turn....does not give you much choice in how you fight.

don't get me wrong I like them and a KOTH event just for WW1 is cool, I just don't see how they take more cartoon skill.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 05:48:40 PM »
I think I would disagree with this......all you can do is turn....does not give you much choice in how you fight.

don't get me wrong I like them and a KOTH event just for WW1 is cool, I just don't see how they take more cartoon skill.

The hardest part of fighting in Aces High is perceiving your plane travelling through 3 dimensions, as a general rule the faster that happens the easier that is to tell what your plane is doing. The moves are there in WW1 its just a lot harder to recognise them and know when to perform them.

If all you can do in WW1 is start turning then you simply aren't trying hard enough INK  :) the planes in WW1 are a lot more manoeuvrable than the WW2 planeset and not just in the turn, extracting that or even perceiving that in flight or in game is a lot lot harder. Its on the surface beautifully simple but infinitely complex.

I would have to call your attention span into question here as you promote an ideal of the fight in this game yet steer clear of and doubt the ultimate angles fight, one were you cannot run away and are a half second away from victory or oblivion.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 07:38:07 PM »
The hardest part of fighting in Aces High is perceiving your plane travelling through 3 dimensions, as a general rule the faster that happens the easier that is to tell what your plane is doing. The moves are there in WW1 its just a lot harder to recognise them and know when to perform them.

If all you can do in WW1 is start turning then you simply aren't trying hard enough INK  :) the planes in WW1 are a lot more manoeuvrable than the WW2 planeset and not just in the turn, extracting that or even perceiving that in flight or in game is a lot lot harder. Its on the surface beautifully simple but infinitely complex.

I would have to call your attention span into question here as you promote an ideal of the fight in this game yet steer clear of and doubt the ultimate angles fight, one were you cannot run away and are a half second away from victory or oblivion.

I think I see what you are saying...as far as recognizing what is happening....

I like fighting the ww1 planes...... like fighting in a phone booth.

what I was meaning is there is no BnZ to speak of.....you know you are ending up in a turn fight.

I would spend more time in the WW1 arena if more people were there.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 09:00:04 PM »
You can you can bnz in ww1 just never in a straight line  :O i have held off 9 guys using a slight alt advantage and quick bursts into the cockpit  :airplane:

Numbers build numbers sadly dynamic ai spawning would be good ala red baron 3d.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 09:18:18 PM »
I'll try it...who knows if I will like it though... :airplane:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 05:07:13 AM »
I like fighting the ww1 planes...... like fighting in a phone booth.

I wonder how many went " phone booth??? :headscratch:

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 12:15:00 PM »
 :D  I really thought I pulled this one before but looked back and couldn't find it.
Anyway, what was the date of the initial post?  :O

Guess I can put this 'one' to bed and not use it again.  :devil
And sorry for those who fell for it and are now :cry
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 03:22:59 PM »
I think pervert might actually come and hunt you down for this fuzeman  :uhoh
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 03:55:56 PM »
I think pervert might actually come and hunt you down for this fuzeman  :uhoh

I was thinking that, but then Fuze might crack a funny and I'd be powerless from the laughter.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 04:25:57 PM »
I was thinking that, but then Fuze might crack a funny and I'd be powerless from the laughter.

With real  life the way it is, I might relish getting put out of my misery.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 04:35:51 PM »
With real  life the way it is, I might relish getting put out of my misery.

is that why you jumped in on my 1vs1 with that KI last night :old:

sux I let him fight it out with someone,(waited till he killed my friendly)then I engaged,   even dropped all the E I had  :rofl.... we were away from everyone....... :furious :furious :furious :furious

just givin ya hard time :salute

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 04:40:36 PM »
I usually do ask and I did that time and then came in.  I didn't like it and stayed around for that next engagement knowing you would probably get the kill, which you did.

EDIT- I had no idea of the previous history of that engagement.

and 2nd EDIT -  :salute

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 04:50:46 PM »
I usually do ask and I did that time and then came in.  I didn't like it and stayed around for that next engagement knowing you would probably get the kill, which you did.

EDIT- I had no idea of the previous history of that engagement.

and 2nd EDIT -  :salute

its all good, just tryin to make ya smile :D