Author Topic: June '12 KOTH Dates.  (Read 6722 times)

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
Re: June '12 KOTH Dates.
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2012, 01:24:58 PM »
Only the Strongest of Connections wins.  :aok
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2012, 01:28:38 PM »
Bone...if someone is having an issue off and on that is on thing. But to have someone that their net status looks like a bad ekg report is another. It doesn't make the fights fair for all players in the event including yourself if your flying at the time. That is all Bruv is saying. We can't contol connections but we need to make sure events like KOTH are equally fair for everyone. I personally have 3 computers in my house. My kids are always on them. Each are plugged in to my cable modem. My son watches videos on netflix. My daughter plays on facebook and I have no lag issues. Again, keeping the event fair is what I strive to do so in my KOTH if someone as fuzeman put it is playing connect the dots then I will ground them until their net status levels out.

Like I said Betty I will abide by all decisions you CMs make.  :salute
=The Damned=
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2012, 01:32:29 PM »
Only the Strongest of Connections wins.  :aok

no not at all do you actually read posts before replying to them Bone?

All I said in the my first post is that some people will be thinking they can run wireless or run several other bandwidth hogging programs and then wonder why they have a warp problem.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2012, 01:33:53 PM »

So if you don't want me to come in to a conversation just don't put my name up there. Lets not get to dramatic I did simply reply to a post that was about me didn't I?
Like I said Perv dont be so paranoid to think I intended for you to come in here, I was using the same situation you and Grizz had to this original discussion.

You really shouldn't look to deep into words over the internet.  :salute
=The Damned=

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2012, 01:37:29 PM »

All I said in the my first post is that some people will be thinking they can run wireless or run several other bandwidth hogging programs and then wonder why they have a warp problem.
Or perhaps he was simply saying having a better connection = better chance of winning, which I would agree with!  :old:
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2012, 01:41:26 PM »

I do read them and its like I said before not everyone has a great connection.

I am not sure how you would come up with Koth regulars doing this "run several other bandwidth hogging programs"

I understand what you lot are saying about the connection but  Its just not something that I agree with but in my previous post as said I will abide by those rules set by the CMs.

Personally I dont like excluding ppl who enjoy the fun parts of AH even if they cant maintain a stable connection.  :salute
=The Damned=

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2012, 01:44:39 PM »
Or perhaps he was simply saying having a better connection = better chance of winning, which I would agree with!  :old:
No I actually Meant if you dont have a stable enough connection stay clear of Koth because it would be pointless to try its already been said if they cant maintain a stable connection they will Just have to watch.

Nothing out of the way Just more Blunt from me not the CMs.
=The Damned=

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2012, 01:48:23 PM »
I can agree with that, if I know netflix got turned on in the middle of a KOTH I will ask everyone/anyone I fight if im lagging/warping at all and bail if I am
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2012, 04:43:55 PM »
One could say the same about Pervs connection in TOC but nobody took that out of context.

Fuze are you saying that Pervert with his laggy connection shouldnt have flown in TOC?

Not trying to argue only trying to understand what you are getting at.  :salute

No of course not, and to be honest I don't remember warping being an issue at the TOC.
I'm getting at this.
[1] It will be the CM's decision, and their decision alone, on the warpage threshold one has to cross to be grounded in KOTH.
- A grounded warper would be given a chance to improve the connection, relog, reset modem or router, etc, and continue later in the event.

When I hear about a warp, I try to get to the fight in CM Eye mode ASAP. Once there I try to see a warp and who it is. If both and my netstat is erratic, I say so and it usually settlers down soon. I usually hear about warps from room channel in tower or from a person fighting a warper. If they are flying connect the dots and its obvious they of course should end flight and if they don't would probably be grounded. If it's intermittent and not a problem, in the CMs discretion, they would be allowed to fly. It might be suggested to them to relog, etc, after being killed before the next round to see if it helps. The more complaints I hear of a warper the more evidence so to speak they are really doing it.

[2] Wireless products have a greater error rate than a hardwired cable and that can and at one time or another effect your stability. I have no experience but it seems logical there are things you can do to improve a wireless connection but again it will never come close to wire. You would expect a serious gamer would do everything possible to better thier connection. If they don't and they warp, they should expect not to fly. Better to spoil 1 person's fun than everyone else at an event.
[3] Even the best home wired connection has to go over the net and we all know that's 100% perfect and never has a problem loosing things. Right  :rolleyes:
[4] Issue was dealt with when it happened and this is when you need the beating a deceased equine picture.
[5] Any problems or issues, PM me   :)
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2012, 05:15:36 PM »
Like I said Perv dont be so paranoid

:banana:

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2012, 05:40:18 PM »
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2012, 08:43:31 PM »

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2012, 05:42:37 AM »
I understand what you lot are saying about the connection but  Its just not something that I agree with

Personally I dont like excluding ppl who enjoy the fun parts of AH even if they cant maintain a stable connection.  

No I actually Meant if you dont have a stable enough connection stay clear of Koth because it would be pointless to try its already been said if they cant maintain a stable connection they will Just have to watch.

:) mind blowing

contradicting yourself in two posts right next to each other is pretty special even by your standards Bone  :angel:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 05:47:05 AM by coombz »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2012, 06:34:01 AM »
Haha

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2012, 11:37:57 AM »
Boy, you guys are getting desperate, this thread should've died days ago, but you just won't let it, aah some people  :rolleyes: