Author Topic: Mystery planes in WWI Arena  (Read 759 times)

Offline J18Dread

• Zinc Member
Mystery planes in WWI Arena
« on: June 09, 2012, 12:02:53 PM »
Not sure the is the correct forum, but I will start here.  Just finished flying in the WWI Arena and was confronted by a new aircraft - Super Fokker.  Monitoring chat, it seems that WWI now has rockets, bombs, and subsonic speeds (472 mph).  There may be other planes, but that was the only one I came up against.  The F2B was not a match, not even close.  Was told that I could access the new planes by typing .plane 104.  At this I was unsuccessful.  While I would like to see the WWI planes improved, this is not what I want.  I admire the 'simplicity' of the current setup where you can fly somewhat evenly matched planes, or the same plane and it becomes just a matter of pilot skill.  If a new plane set is available, I would like to see it confined to its own arena and leave the 'Dogfight' arena as it is.  Your thoughts appreciated.  Thanks, for the best on line experience yet - until now.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Mystery planes in WWI Arena
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 12:10:13 PM »
Trolololol?
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 12:51:53 PM »
No, it's a special thing HTC is doing. The Super Fokker was the first WWI plane added, and it was just for the Aces High Convention. Enjoy it while you can!  :aok

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 11:38:39 PM »
.plane 140 gets you super fokker.. LOL

Lawndart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline J18Dread

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 11:19:43 AM »
All;

Just got it to work (does not have to be from hangar and it is 104).  Damn it is ugly!  Wish the effort would have gone into making the D7 a better plane, but I can appreciate the fun it must have been to put mini-guns on a Dr1.  Nice sights.

Any chance we will have invisible cockpits? Jasta 18 skins for the D7?

Glad that this is temporary, since I do still believe that this is the best extant online experience for WWI dogfighting.

Thanks all for responding.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 05:23:22 PM »
Wish the effort would have gone into making the D7 a better plane, but I can appreciate the fun it must have been to put mini-guns on a Dr1.

You're obviously new.  Each time there's an AH convention they come up with something special to unleash in the MA, generally only available to those attending the convention.  RV-8 with cannons, flying sharks with lazer beams on their heads, the Super Fokker, the Claw (a spaceship sort of thing that launched from the Mothership orbiting in the MA), etc.  Then every once in a while they let the rest of us play with those toys.  This weekend we get to play with the Super Fokker.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 10:04:49 PM »
You're obviously new.  Each time there's an AH convention they come up with something special to unleash in the MA, generally only available to those attending the convention.  RV-8 with cannons, flying sharks with lazer beams on their heads, the Super Fokker, the Claw (a spaceship sort of thing that launched from the Mothership orbiting in the MA), etc.  Then every once in a while they let the rest of us play with those toys.  This weekend we get to play with the Super Fokker.

Don't forget Santa or the flying pumpkin.  I've seen those, but I missed out on the claw.

Coogan  :airplane:
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear