Author Topic: August '12 KOTH Results  (Read 3287 times)

Offline betty

• Gold Member
August '12 KOTH Results
« on: August 29, 2012, 09:14:30 PM »
SatKOTH was fun! It was a great night and everyone had a blast! Thank you all that joined us for the fun! Congrats to Yarbles for being our SatKOTH winner for the month of August!! He has chosen the Hurri MKI for next months plane!!! SatKOTH ran 11 rounds and we had 3 wabbits up until the 11th round when our winner Yarbles took the victory. It was a very exciting night!

Round         Plane              Winner
1               BF109F4          BluKitty
2               F4U1D             SC0TCH
3               BF109G14        Jetsom
4               KI84               Krupnski
5               BF109K4          Quendian
6               Spit MKIX        Yarbles
7               Spit MKI          SC0TCH *wabbit*
8               P38J               Quendian *wabbit*
9               Spit MKVIII      TC
10             C202               Yarbles *wabbit*
11             Spit MKV          Yarbles

TOC Invite reserved for Yarbles
WKOTH invites: Quendian and SC0TCH

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 09:32:35 PM by betty »
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: August '12 KOTH Results
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 09:33:43 PM »
Wtg yarbs!

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 09:35:26 PM »
'Bout time Yarbs! JK wtfg buddy  :cheers:
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 12:04:51 AM »
See you in the ToC Yarbles   :aok
AoM
City of ice

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 12:23:15 PM »
Thanks Chaps that was one of my goals for the year achieved  :bhead :x :salute

Had some help from all 3 of you  :salute :salute :aok

Thanks agian Fuze and Betty  :aok :salute

TC I hope you qulaigy TOC next  :pray
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 12:25:08 PM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 06:09:36 PM »
   Not sure what to say about August's FriKOTH but here are the results. The event lasted under three hours with around a dozen and a helf people flying in it. There were nine rounds and two wabbits going for the win. Unfortunately a round win was nullified and there was no official winner for the event.

Round by round results:
[1] Skifurd in a Me 410  [First ever round win in the new Me 410]
[2] This round was nullified.
[3] shiv in a D3A1
[4] TC in a F4U-1
[5] TC in a C.202   (Wabbit)
[6] Bruv119 in a Spitfire Mk.VIII
[7] MickyD in a F4U-1A
[8] Fester in a Bf 109F-4
[9] Fester in a D3A1   (Wabbit)

wKOTH invitations will be reserved for:
Wabbits: Fester, TC.

Top five killers were: Skifurd-13, shiv-12, Fester-10, TC-9,yarbles-8.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 06:11:46 PM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 08:50:24 PM »
fantastic fun! S!
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 10:25:38 PM »
   Not sure what to say about August's FriKOTH but here are the results.

I do..... There is a first time for everything !!!

I am a little confused, I thought Fester won the FriKoth....   but anyways fun fights everyone....

Thanks for hosting fuzeman, sir! <§>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 09:04:32 AM »
I did. but seems I had 2 stalkers named mickyD and bruv119 that was so annoying that out of frustration of these two individuals not following the rules I hit bruv with a 7.9mm bb in d3a's on takeoff before the fight started so it doesn't count even though he just augured and re upped 10 seconds later long before the fight started. I thought it was a funny omage to him accusing me of only killing him in headons because he cant admit to himself that he can be outflown on a consistant basis but they didn't see the humor in it apparently and vigorously lobbied and put much effort with films and such to soothe their bruised egos but we all know the fight was a 2v1 and my winning it was legit and they died and that's the part they really want to tell themselves didn't happen but it did and this is how they cope with their failure :)

which doesn't matter to me because the fun part for me was killing mickyD and bruv on this same fight while they tried to bnz and tag team me... which is how I was the last person alive that round. yes that's right bruv119 and mickyD both died in a 2v1.

I think this was the part that upset them so much that they wanted the win not to count even though they broke the rules all night with no consequences.

I even challenged bruv to a 1v1 and he said he could not kill me 1v1 and needs a wingman! LOL! so they proceeded to stalk me and 2v1 me the rest of the night. strangely bruv got no kills all night except one fight because I kept killing him and I usually died to mickyD desperate to save his hapless ACM deficient leader.

great fun! S! really enjoyed outflying those two deviant rats. :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 09:34:20 AM by Citabria »
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 10:54:00 AM »
That's a bit harsh Fester "Deviant Rats" I know that they are both fetlers but steady on old chap :)

I had a cough last week by the way :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 02:54:35 PM »
Firing at planes on take off isn't in the rules and of course I sent it in.  If I recall you augured the 410 after failing with another Head on attack 1st merge then must have been so mad you resorted to runway strafing the very next round.   All of this was of course before you even registered a kill on myself or anyone else in that event.

Take a long hard look in the mirror because trying to excuse your behaviour by accusing others of doing what you have done just isn't cricket.  

I'm free for 1vs1 anytime.  
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 03:05:14 PM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 04:07:12 PM »

"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 04:24:52 PM »
I did. but seems I had 2 stalkers named mickyD and bruv119 that was so annoying that out of frustration of these two individuals not following the rules I hit bruv with a 7.9mm bb in d3a's on takeoff before the fight started so it doesn't count even though he just augured and re upped 10 seconds later long before the fight started. I thought it was a funny omage to him accusing me of only killing him in headons because he cant admit to himself that he can be outflown on a consistant basis but they didn't see the humor in it apparently and vigorously lobbied and put much effort with films and such to soothe their bruised egos but we all know the fight was a 2v1 and my winning it was legit and they died and that's the part they really want to tell themselves didn't happen but it did and this is how they cope with their failure :)

which doesn't matter to me because the fun part for me was killing mickyD and bruv on this same fight while they tried to bnz and tag team me... which is how I was the last person alive that round. yes that's right bruv119 and mickyD both died in a 2v1.

I think this was the part that upset them so much that they wanted the win not to count even though they broke the rules all night with no consequences.

I even challenged bruv to a 1v1 and he said he could not kill me 1v1 and needs a wingman! LOL! so they proceeded to stalk me and 2v1 me the rest of the night. strangely bruv got no kills all night except one fight because I kept killing him and I usually died to mickyD desperate to save his hapless ACM deficient leader.

great fun! S! really enjoyed outflying those two deviant rats. :)

Classic!   :rofl :rofl
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 05:22:48 PM »
Two KOTHs this year without a winner? What is the point anymore?

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 06:25:53 PM »
I got no horse in this race but once again we can all see how a few can ruin something for many.  Even in the FSO's we have lately had locked threads, whiners and manipulating the rules for self satisfaction.

I wish I could remember who said it but during a Scenario I saw "The idea is not to see how far you can push the rules and get away with it".  I am paraphrasing there but that is the statements original intent.

All of our actions, every action, either makes the game a bit better or a bit worse.  There is no neutral position.  As time passes, the weight of the actions therefore gains momentum, for the better, or for the worse, and it escalates. 

You start out throwing spitballs, then the next guy shoots a paperclip, then the next guy slaps you in the back of the head with a ruler, then the next guy pulls your pants down in fron of the class then the next guy..................

Here, in Aces High, I've seen it go from "spitballs" to "Global Thermonuclear War" in about 3 seconds.

Yeah, I love this game, and I hate to see it or those who play, abused.
Wag more, bark less.