Author Topic: World War II veteran pilot takes to the skies of Aces High  (Read 4648 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: World War II veteran pilot takes to the skies of Aces High
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2012, 11:24:46 AM »

come on now ink, you know better than this.
ww2 sticks are proven fighter pilots, with many hours of real combat experience.

to compare AH sticks to these great men is not fair at all.
and you say you truly respect their service?  :salute

never said they were not proven fighter pilots..... obviously they are.....what I said was they would lose in AH to a AH stick that has thousands of hours practicing Fighting....they do not have thousands of hours practicing(not even close).....they have very limited time practicing.....and the time they spent was not pushing the plane beyond its limits....

that is not an insult to what they did or diminish the sacrifices they made

that is not comparing what they did to what we do.... in any way shape or form...... just because that tard twitchy is saying that does not make it so.

a wonderful thread get turned into a mudsling fest by idiots   :rolleyes: 

you are right..... sorry I answered a question someone asked.

While this is a good argument. It really doesn't belong in this thread. Start a thread on the subject. There is some merit in the idea that flying AH a lot might help you fly the real thing. I don't know because I was a pilot before I was in AH. The funny thing is that I've done stuff in reality now partly after trying it in AH. I haven't managed to fly through a hangar yet! :airplane:

But this thread is really about the veteran flying his old steed virtually. I have never met a WW2 pilot that I know of. To me WW2 is impossibly far away but to those guys it must seem like yesterday sometimes.

I bow out and  :salute the sticks of WW2 and all the sacrifices they made.

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2012, 11:35:32 AM »
what I said was they would lose in AH to a AH stick that has thousands of hours practicing Fighting....

that explains it for me then.  :salute
obviously that is so, these oldies but goodies wouldn't even know how to use the hat-switch for viewing.  :D
i wouldn't even think kim dotcom being the #1 COD player for some time would last a day in a firefight at kabul.  :lol :lol

Offline jedi25

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2012, 04:11:59 PM »
Outstanding guys... awesome hook up at the reunion..  :rock

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2012, 09:42:15 PM »
 :salute
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline capmedic

• Zinc Member
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2012, 04:40:22 PM »
INK, everyone, please refrain from flaming in this topic. I did not post the vid for you to moan and whine. These guys deserve a HELL of a lot of respect, because without them, we would not be playing AH. We would be playing some German game. Have some respect and take it elsewhere. I am going to PM hitech and see if he can delete/move all the infighting, and then lock and sticky the topic.

CO, 446th Bomb Group
DGSII

Offline CZCH64

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2012, 11:16:09 PM »
Funny they were at Pigeon Forge....My old army buddies from Germany (83-85) had our reunion at Pigeon Forge in Sept. (I couldn't make it). Must be the military reunion capital...lol.
aka....... SCRATCH