Author Topic: Attendance for TOC  (Read 3957 times)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Attendance for TOC
« on: January 12, 2013, 05:39:37 PM »
Can something be done about people winning multiply KOTHS? Maybe after winning a koth you are allowed to attend another one but have to leave after becoming a wabbit? I know TOCs are traditional smaller affairs but I cannot help thinking something like the TOC needs a bigger rostor.  :salute

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Attendance for TOC
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 06:33:32 PM »
Not going to state my opinion yet, but let the masses speak first. I think it was back when the wKOTH started and we, that 'we' will be the KOTH Team as it stood then, wanted a distinction between wabbits and winners and it was deemed wabbits shouldn't really get a pass into the TOC, and that was around three years ago. wKOTH all three years has been basically a duel between the two people who show up, best of 5.

It seems to me that TOC attendance has always been around 50% of the people who are on the list.

EDIT- I believe this is the post where it was polled and discussed.
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,282637.0.html 
And I shouldn't need to say it but I will. That post is a dinosaur, reply in this thread to it or bring up your points. Let that post rest.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 06:44:46 PM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 08:05:02 PM »
not a bad idea :aok

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 08:22:30 PM »
Agreed, i wouldnt mind to see more people there.
But consider this, Junky, Fester, DrBone, Valen, Yarbles couldnt get there, idk who is Loser, and honestly i dont mind that Dejavu/Twintail wasnt there.

I have won 2 events this year, Red won 3, Fester 4 maybe. But what if i like theese events and i would like to fly here after i have won one?

One more thing: more contestants --> longer events (possibly). Im afraid it is already tiring enough for Fuzeman. All of my respect to him for being this patient.
AoM
City of ice

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 08:42:07 PM »
Agreed, i wouldnt mind to see more people there.
But consider this, Junky, Fester, DrBone, Valen, Yarbles couldnt get there, idk who is Loser, and honestly i dont mind that Dejavu/Twintail wasnt there.

I have won 2 events this year, Red won 3, Fester 4 maybe. But what if i like theese events and i would like to fly here after i have won one?

One more thing: more contestants --> longer events (possibly). Im afraid it is already tiring enough for Fuzeman. All of my respect to him for being this patient.

While I do complain about lengths at times, too often I'd hate to admit, the real stress comes from having to police, for lack of a better word, your event, especially so when there are a few who aren't going with the flow.
And one point from this host is as Debrody mentions regarding limits on players who have reservations, what if you are skilled, lucky, whatever enough to win the January KOTH and there is a limit. That means you can't fly another KOTH until the TOC. IMO that is totally un-acceptable.

There is already a tool KOTHers themselves can use to reduce the duplicate KOTH winners by preventing them from getting a win as wabbits.....

IMO it is also used to infrequently.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 08:46:47 PM »
Once I get my TOC invite I continue to fly koth's until/if I get Wabbit. Then I usually just...happen...to run out of gas or auger or lose if it comes down to it sometimes >.>

"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 03:21:15 PM »
Had one of those seldom used braincells fire and it came up with this. Just throwing it out to see what sticks to the wall...

OK, you won a KOTH and have a reservation to the TOC. With my next win, or say two or three KOTH wins with invitations, it would take me another round win to win the TOC.

For example. I win a KOTH and get a reservation, first lets get the :lol out of the way for me winning one. Imagine I do win one, and then a second KOTH win [ or more than my second one, this multiplier would have to be determined ] it would then take me 4, or some agreed upon number of additional rounds, to with the TOC.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 03:29:11 PM »
Had one of those seldom used braincells fire and it came up with this. Just throwing it out to see what sticks to the wall...

OK, you won a KOTH and have a reservation to the TOC. With my next win, or say two or three KOTH wins with invitations, it would take me another round win to win the TOC.

For example. I win a KOTH and get a reservation, first lets get the :lol out of the way for me winning one. Imagine I do win one, and then a second KOTH win [ or more than my second one, this multiplier would have to be determined ] it would then take me 4, or some agreed upon number of additional rounds, to with the TOC.
I like it! :aok
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 03:35:36 PM »
Unless I totally read that wrong sine I'm still waiting for my coffee, that might make it pretty difficult to win the TOC then, an event already stacked with the top competition. I think they'd just chose not to participate in future koths. When it comes down to it, I think what we have is the best. Possibly revert back to letting wabbits into Koth. That wouldn't have really changed much this time as TC and I were the only ones to crawl out of bed for wkoth
-AoM-

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 03:37:20 PM »
Thats a great idea fuze makes sense

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 06:34:37 PM »
Unless I totally read that wrong sine I'm still waiting for my coffee, that might make it pretty difficult to win the TOC then, an event already stacked with the top competition. I think they'd just chose not to participate in future koths. When it comes down to it, I think what we have is the best. Possibly revert back to letting wabbits into Koth. That wouldn't have really changed much this time as TC and I were the only ones to crawl out of bed for wkoth

Well I don't think it would go so far as say if a person won 6 KOTHs that they would need to win 6 rounds for TOC, that would be tough! And a really long TOC  :eek:

Another example using that multiplier I mentioned with it being 3 here. If the same person above won those 6 KOTHs, they might need 4 round wins to get the TOC. If he got three round wins he could be a super-wabbit.  :x

Regarding wKOTH, I am dissapoinated with that. I really like the idea and it is KOTH-like in nature but as you mentioned so far not enough wabbits have ever shown up to make it good.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 07:33:54 PM »
"super-wabbit"   :rock
AoM
City of ice

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 07:47:58 PM »
Why not just make it 2-3 earned wabits to be invited to the TOC.

If you got that many you deserve to be there IMO.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 08:39:40 PM »
Well I don't think it would go so far as say if a person won 6 KOTHs that they would need to win 6 rounds for TOC, that would be tough! And a really long TOC  :eek:

If we can find a good balance I think this is a good idea. I'm just worried that people would choose the easier route and not participate in more koths once they've won one. Which could hurt attendance.
-AoM-

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 12:34:40 AM »
If we can find a good balance I think this is a good idea. I'm just worried that people would choose the easier route and not participate in more koths once they've won one. Which could hurt attendance.

They could attend they would probably leave after 2 wins though which I think is a good balance.