Author Topic: Attendance for TOC  (Read 3958 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Attendance for TOC
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 12:10:33 PM »
And something that stupidly just dawned on me, with only one KOTH we are down to at most 14 people in the TOC.

And the new prospect is geting more resistance than I thought so this might be a moot point.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 02:46:39 PM »
And something that stupidly just dawned on me, with only one KOTH we are down to at most 14 people in the TOC.

And the new prospect is geting more resistance than I thought so this might be a moot point.

This is the only tournament worth winning in Aces High, come to think of it, it really is the only tournament! Like you said at the TOC you'd think dogfighters in a dogfighting game would enjoy erm dogfighting  :lol

In terms of the genre of air combat there is no other competition like this in the world and certainly not with the length of history KOTH has!

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2013, 05:57:22 PM »
I agree as I was the one that mentioned the thing regarding a pure dogfighting event in a WW2 simulation.

There are many reasons some don't like a KOTH type event. To list but a random incomplete few of them:
  • They do not like flying against the same aircraft for some reason.
  • They do not like what KOTH has evolved into. Some can't stand the HOing and apparent 'lameness' they perceive. Others can't stand the loiterers who hover over a fight. I don't know how to fix either.
  • Some may not like the confined space with regard to distance and more specifically altitude limits.
  • I'm pretty sure there are many who think I'm a turd of a CM. Either biased, power-hungry or whatever. Of course I'd disagree with that and just say I'm trying to run my event the best I can with what I have.
  • I'm pretty sure some CMs don't even like the event as it has a somewhat troubled history.  It may have had a little of that but this years TOC was trouble-free and I hope it continues in 2013.
  • Some might think they are not good enough to fly in KOTH and IMO nothing can be farther from the truth. Its a great place to learn and watch some real good cartoon pilots.

To be honest I was very close to cancelling the 2013 season as I can't guarentee I can stay the full year so it's almost a waste to discuss this. I'm still not positive the '13 season will finish as we've hit some unexpected pot holes in the latest version of 'KOTH finds a new CM.'  Wish I could go into it more as Im sure most would   :lol   :lol   and then  :lol  some more but if I did the event would end, immediately.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2013, 06:10:34 PM »
 :frown:
-AoM-

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 01:42:29 AM »
  • They do not like flying against the same aircraft for some reason.
  • They do not like what KOTH has evolved into. Some can't stand the HOing and apparent 'lameness' they perceive. Others can't stand the loiterers who hover over a fight. I don't know how to fix either.
  • Some may not like the confined space with regard to distance and more specifically altitude limits.
  • I'm pretty sure there are many who think I'm a turd of a CM. Either biased, power-hungry or whatever. Of course I'd disagree with that and just say I'm trying to run my event the best I can with what I have.
  • I'm pretty sure some CMs don't even like the event as it has a somewhat troubled history.  It may have had a little of that but this years TOC was trouble-free and I hope it continues in 2013.
  • Some might think they are not good enough to fly in KOTH and IMO nothing can be farther from the truth. Its a great place to learn and watch some real good cartoon pilots.
Listen here Fuzeman,
as far as i could get it, the koth was designed to create more or less even, but any ways, decet fights.
-those who have no balls when their aircraft isnt turning twice as well as the opponent's, well, i dont think "we" want them to this event.
-hoing... in the last 2 years, i had the fortune to fight many different people. But none of them could beat me when they were hoing - the top notch ones know the "etiquette", the rest is easy to avoid.
-altitude limit: again, those who have no balls when they cant BnZ, rope-a-dope, etc, well, i dont think "we" want them to participate anyways.

For me, the main points of theese events are the fun, improving, and the quality interaction with other people. Magic words, arent they? And in the wast majority of the time, i got what i wanted.
So heads up man.
AoM
City of ice

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2013, 01:07:58 PM »
Listen here Fuzeman,
as far as i could get it, the koth was designed to create more or less even, but any ways, decet fights.
-those who have no balls when their aircraft isnt turning twice as well as the opponent's, well, i dont think "we" want them to this event.
-hoing... in the last 2 years, i had the fortune to fight many different people. But none of them could beat me when they were hoing - the top notch ones know the "etiquette", the rest is easy to avoid.
-altitude limit: again, those who have no balls when they cant BnZ, rope-a-dope, etc, well, i dont think "we" want them to participate anyways.

For me, the main points of theese events are the fun, improving, and the quality interaction with other people. Magic words, arent they? And in the wast majority of the time, i got what i wanted.
So heads up man.

All I was doing was expressing some possible reasons why people might not like KOTH, some are just thoughts and others are opinions that have been expressed by some.
Your first fight is supposed to be 'fair' in that nobody has a real advantage if they plan it that way but your second, third, and so on fights are a test of your SA and you eliminate the others getting in your way as you climb the hill.

IMO this event packs more dogfighting into your hour of gameplay than any other.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2013, 07:24:55 PM »
I appreciate what everyone has said up to this point, and I have been considering all of the options that are on the table.

I stated this at TOC, and as a new "CM in Training" I have made it my intention to become a KOTH CM with the go ahead of the CM team, and fuzeman.  If fuzeman does not want to continue with the KOTH, it won't be for very long.  I need to first train as a AHXARL CM, and then I will work to become a KOTH CM.  I must make this clear, this is all a big if.

If I do become the KOTH CM, The rules will change.  The players, including myself, have noticed a lot of reasons why KOTH does not have the mustard it used to.  Thus it is time for a change.

<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2013, 08:01:49 PM »
Care to elaborate on that bosco?

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2013, 08:07:12 PM »
It might have something to do with your squad constantly winging.   :aok
-AoM-

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2013, 08:44:29 PM »
My wants really don't figure into this much. I still want to host KOTH but being a cargiver for a 92 year old Mother with dementia is a time consuming 'job' and it's taking more of my time, and at whatever time that happens to be it gets attention. That's why I wont and can't guarantee I can stay here for the whole year.

[ edit- this line going privately  :) ]

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2013, 09:15:32 PM »
It might have something to do with your squad constantly winging.   :aok

Never seen it. Has been me an bruv only last 2 TOC, I dont think many of our squad has even flown koth last 2 years, your gonna have to be more precise here and dont wimp out on the details.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2013, 10:14:54 PM »
I would have liked to fly more in it, but I guess moving the event 1 hour forward would have caused to many issues.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2013, 10:42:14 PM »
I would have liked to fly more in it, but I guess moving the event 1 hour forward would have caused to many issues.

Discuss this. As it was the last couple of years the wKOTH has been a 5 round duel and doesn't need three hours to complete, especially now with the number of KOTHs cut in half.
Next year, and at the moment it's really questionable if we have a 2013 TOC, I could see a wKOTH at noon or 1 and only being 2 hours or whatever and TOC bumped up an hour.
Time and date for TOC or anything like this is always a some like it some don't proposition and you have to remember its a world wide event, even though I think most KOTHers are from Britain and her past or present colonies.
This year and all the BS that was ongoing I didn't want to change much.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2013, 07:32:43 AM »
I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to make excuses as to why they lost.  :aok
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2013, 01:19:25 PM »
I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to make excuses as to why they lost.  :aok

No comment.