Author Topic: Attendance for TOC  (Read 3966 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Attendance for TOC
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2013, 10:42:14 PM »
I would have liked to fly more in it, but I guess moving the event 1 hour forward would have caused to many issues.

Discuss this. As it was the last couple of years the wKOTH has been a 5 round duel and doesn't need three hours to complete, especially now with the number of KOTHs cut in half.
Next year, and at the moment it's really questionable if we have a 2013 TOC, I could see a wKOTH at noon or 1 and only being 2 hours or whatever and TOC bumped up an hour.
Time and date for TOC or anything like this is always a some like it some don't proposition and you have to remember its a world wide event, even though I think most KOTHers are from Britain and her past or present colonies.
This year and all the BS that was ongoing I didn't want to change much.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2013, 07:32:43 AM »
I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to make excuses as to why they lost.  :aok
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2013, 01:19:25 PM »
I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to make excuses as to why they lost.  :aok

No comment.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2013, 04:01:51 PM »
What?
AoM
City of ice

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2013, 05:28:44 PM »
It might have something to do with your squad constantly winging.   :aok
Thats what Deb.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2013, 05:48:46 PM »
Thats what Deb.

Yeah right. haha
My only excuse is that I've spent most of the last two years on the Bering Sea instead of flying, and I suck right now. It's not about being bitter or making excuses. I always speak my mind.

But I was wrong to make that statement in this thread. It will only derail things and I apologize. It's not the spirit that KOTH needs right now.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 05:58:56 PM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2013, 04:06:14 AM »
perv saved bruv's bacon at least once from me  :old:

Then again he butted in on every single fight I had after round 3 as soon as I got past 2 turns with the original person(s)  :furious  :bhead

Not like I had a chance, but still... you didn't have to pick on the little guy  :confused: :cry

*crawls back under rock I came from* Sorry, continue.
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2013, 06:55:28 AM »
perv saved bruv's bacon at least once from me  :old:

Then again he butted in on every single fight I had after round 3 as soon as I got past 2 turns with the original person(s)  :furious  :bhead

Not like I had a chance, but still... you didn't have to pick on the little guy  :confused: :cry

*crawls back under rock I came from* Sorry, continue.

It still boggles the mind when people become wabbits they take getting hunted as a wabbit personally  :old: there is a special reason to do this...

If they win one more round the game is over

What cracks me up though is everyone collectively forgets about the wabbit after ganging him 1 round.

So here is some wabbit hunting lessons  :old:

• 1 Take care of the wabbit before you take care of anthing else
  • 2 You have as much chance winning a round taking out a wabbit first than flying off somewhere else
  • 3 On no account allow two wabbits to venture off together, this is a game ending scenario
  • 4 Pick one wabbit and stick on him, switching between wabbits willy nilly confuses other wabbit hunters and ends with all the wabbit hunters on one guy and a wabbit free to come in high and pick

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2013, 09:19:30 AM »
Still, when one wabbit is a squaddie and an other is an "enemy", its a simple choice  ;)

Not trying to curse anyone, nor suspecting anything as all i seen was fair, nor i would do anything differently, just a gentle smile  :)

I made an extraordinarily bad decision and we both paid for it. You know what im talking about. My fault, blame me.
AoM
City of ice

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2013, 11:16:30 AM »
Still, when one wabbit is a squaddie and an other is an "enemy", its a simple choice  ;)

Not trying to curse anyone, nor suspecting anything as all i seen was fair, nor i would do anything differently, just a gentle smile  :)

I made an extraordinarily bad decision and we both paid for it. You know what im talking about. My fault, blame me.

squad affiliation should stop at the KOTH door.....thats just my opinion.....

if I see a squadie and someone else fighting I will try to take out the guy who I feel is more dangerous to me...most often it is the squadie. :uhoh

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2013, 11:34:28 AM »

squad affiliation should stop at the KOTH door.....thats just my opinion.....

if I see a squadie and someone else fighting I will try to take out the guy who I feel is more dangerous to me...most often it is the squadie. :uhoh

And yet reality dismisses Debrodys innuendo,

Round winners

round 1 Bruv
round 2 redbull
round 3 redbull wabbit
round 4 debrody
round 5 debrody wabbit
round 6 pervert
round 7 krupinski
round 8 bruv wabbit
round 9 bruv wins

As you can see Bruv did not become a wabbit until round 8, and I went after him and redbull in round 9 do keep groping around for excuses for why you lost or someone else won debrody but have a think about them and check the facts first otherwise you look stupid when presented with the facts.  :old:

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2013, 11:39:16 AM »
someone needs to go find Redbulls house sneak in and break his stick....... :confused:

:D

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2013, 11:42:43 AM »
One thing that has always irratated me, is once I have worked / maneuvered my bellybutton of to get angles and/ or saddled up on a wabbit.... Someone comes in and takes me out.... even if I have already started firing and connecting on the wabbit.... Just to jump in F5 view from the tower to see said wabbit kill the one who got me and proceed to win the monthly event.... I can not count how many times this has happened in the last decade..... BTW, I am talking about right after "Fight On" is called... Not talking about being the last 5 to 3!!!

TC ( aka Viper )
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2013, 11:44:39 AM »

And just while I am dropping the reality bomb  :rofl this was your first fight of that round

pervert
16:12:36 Departed from Field #2 in a Fw 190D-9
16:20:33 Shot down a Fw 190D-9 flown by RedBull.

Redbull
16:12:34 Departed from Field #2 in a Fw 190D-9
16:20:34 Bravely Bailed from damaged plane.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2013, 12:10:07 PM »
Chill, Pervert, i wasnt accousing anyone, of anything.
Stated, all "i" have seen was within the rules. Bad luck, morality and decisions is a completely different thing though - i only can blame my connection, and myself, of course.
AoM
City of ice