Author Topic: Lusches AH Stats Megathread  (Read 89156 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Lusches AH Stats Megathread
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2013, 03:03:30 PM »
It would be nice if the SpitXIV hanger queen was either unperked at 18lb boost, or it's boost increased to 21lb with an increase in perk price. The spit8 is easier to fly at all alt's up to 25k, almost the same performance, superior fuel range, and a steadier gun platform. The current boost in the spit14 makes it a fancier looking spit8 at MA standard altitiudes, some strange manuvering wobbles, and a severe fuel consumption habit.

Based on Lusche's kind efforts resulting in these charts. No consistant group of fans like the G10\G14\K4 fans since 2005 has considered the spit14 a first line ride of choice as the answer to acheving anything, let alone destabalising the arena. Kind of like the "tempest in a teapot" the idea of Ta152s destabalising the arena if they were not perked years ago. Granted starting with a dive and on WEP, they are one of the fastest rides in the MA with a formidable cannon punch. But, you could say that for the CHog in comparison.

These charts are a pretty good indication that the majority of players vote MA performance first in their favorite ride stable. The spit14's perk is so low that if it truely was the uber performer the G10\G14\K4 are. It's usage numbers would reflect that in the graphs. Afterall the MA population is driven by self serving narcasism. Which means if it's uber, they will fly it to make themselves survive, look good, and be winners. Similare rational for buying a sports car or a hot gaming PC. When the first spit14s were used in antidiver flights, they were at 21lb boost along with those that subsiquently flew over the continent until V Day.

(Image removed from quote.)

I think the reason the 14 does not get the attention is because when people take it out they think it is a typical spitfire, and when they realize it is anything but a typical spit they don't bother trying to learn it.....

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2013, 03:17:17 PM »
I think the reason the 14 does not get the attention is because when people take it out they think it is a typical spitfire, and when they realize it is anything but a typical spit they don't bother trying to learn it.....
It is hard to learn it when you get ganged for being both a rare plane that people want to collect a scalp of and a perk plane that people want to collect a scalp of.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2013, 03:24:18 PM »
Lusche, do you think you can make a chart on the P-47D11 kill/death ratio for the past 6 months, with the most killed and most killed by?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2013, 03:27:01 PM »
A bit more on perk planes in general:

The Spit XIV is the only plane with a K/D totally typical to (and lower than many) non perk fighters, even without ranks of two-weekers flying it en masse (which invariably lowers K/D significantly)

Historical data:

Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2013, 03:27:29 PM »
It is hard to learn it when you get ganged for being both a rare plane that people want to collect a scalp of and a perk plane that people want to collect a scalp of.

:rofl

that is true.....but it doesn't matter what you are flying the gangs are gonna gang ya :lol

14 should be flown like a 51 or the 152, which you very well know :D

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2013, 03:29:20 PM »
Lusche, do you think you can make a chart on the P-47D11 kill/death ratio for the past 6 months, with the most killed and most killed by?

1) For what reason? Any particular theory?
2) Most killed and most killed by I suppose you mean plane types?
3) Does it have to be past 6 months? That would be a lot more work than just for all of 2012

;)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2013, 03:30:58 PM »
:rofl

that is true.....but it doesn't matter what you are flying the gangs are gonna gang ya :lol

Yes, and I have had good sorties in it.  That said, I don't play enough to actually learn to use it because to really learn to use it you have to put it in bad situations where you will lose many of them.  The perk cost precludes most people from being able to do that, even on a cheap perk unit.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2013, 03:32:00 PM »

Unfortunately the 51 is much better at being like a 51 than the Spit 14 ;)

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2013, 03:35:16 PM »
1) For what reason? Any particular theory?
2) Most killed and most killed by I suppose you mean plane types?
3) Does it have to be past 6 months? That would be a lot more work than just for all of 2012

;)

Reason: Which plane is nice to know because I can learn how to counter the plane "deadliest" to the D11.
Yes. Plane types are requested here.
Whatever one is the easiest for you, if you want to do all of 2012 then go ahead.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2013, 03:53:55 PM »
Reason: Which plane is nice to know because I can learn how to counter the plane "deadliest" to the D11.

The problem is with a plane with such low usage as the D-11 has, you will get a lot of randomness in the results, depending on which player did meet which other player in the MA. For example against the Ju-87D the 47-11 has a K/D of only 1, buth both beign rare planes they fought each other only 24 times in all of 2012

Worst against:
0,10   Me 262
0,20   Me 163B
0,31   Tempest
0,45   F4U-4
0,60   P-40F (sic)

Best against:
11,00Hurricane Mk I
6,00   Hurricane Mk IID
6,00   P-40E
4,06   Spitfire Mk V
4,00   P-39Q

But I don't think it will help you anything ;)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2013, 04:15:46 PM »

Unfortunately the 51 is much better at being like a 51 than the Spit 14 ;)

haha....but my point still stands :aok

Yes, and I have had good sorties in it.  That said, I don't play enough to actually learn to use it because to really learn to use it you have to put it in bad situations where you will lose many of them.  The perk cost precludes most people from being able to do that, even on a cheap perk unit.

I like the 14 but I am to much of a TnBr to fly it often

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2013, 04:44:22 PM »
I am certain there is a gem of an aggressive E fighter in it, but learning to use it thus and not the typical timid "I don't want to lose my perks." manner is difficult, per the prior related reasons.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2013, 04:57:24 PM »
haha....but my point still stands :aok

I have started flying it around and it can turn and burn fine.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2013, 05:47:43 PM »
The stats over the aggregate years show the spit14 to not have qualities that attract even the uber sticks to waste a minimum number of perks as a standard practice. Versus the CHog, 262, 4Hog, or Tempest for the bang to buck value. The usage numbers speak for themselves rather starkly.

Who obviously would know better, and be followed in kind by the less talented, looking to the talented vets for directions in bang for buck perk spending. The K4 is really not threatened by it other than in the hands of talented vets. And I've always assumed thats what the uber K4 pilots want to be challenged by in the MA. Or have I missed something from the ch200 and forum chest thumping sessions over the years?

POTW found over several years of high alt sweeps that anything with better dive capabilities just left us up in the cheap seats. If P51D didn't want to play with us, they dove out and left us to compress if we tried to follow. Once at furball alt below 12k, we were just another spit8 that looked better going by drinking fuel faster.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2013, 06:07:34 PM »
Pshaw! Not a single mention of Mosquitos.

:bolt:
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB